The Student Room Group

Heeelp mee please!!

hiya, so im really really struggling to pass biology at the moment and just wondered if anyone could help with good sites, revision techniques or even online tutors. if anyone could help then it would be massively appreciated
thanks
G!!:biggrin:x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
i like to get a3 sheets and map things out, very helpful for respiration, nerves, etc.. as you can draw large diagrams and link processes together
Reply 2
G!!
OP
thankyoouu- ill give it a go :biggrin:
Reply 3
I live by flashcards for Biology. Most of the processes are very sequential, and this is replicated on the mark scheme. Flashcards help you to be able to learn what happens in each biological process at each stage, which means you'll have an excellent grounding when it comes to applying this knowledge in questions. Not to mention those 4/5 markers will be easy because you'll have the sequence in your head if you go over them enough.

Hope that helps! :smile:
Reply 4
G!!
OP
thankyou, I think that's were the problem lies to be honest as it seems that biology wise I do not own a functioning memory :smile:
Reply 5
I always go through my jotter and higlight only the word and the meaning I dont' know and then put it on a mind map and from the top of my head write everything associated with it. Then I look back at my notes and then the point I forgot to mention I write in colour and try to remember them. It works for me. Hopefully it works for you too!!! :biggrin:
Reply 6
G!!
OP
Original post by Nika_458
I always go through my jotter and higlight only the word and the meaning I dont' know and then put it on a mind map and from the top of my head write everything associated with it. Then I look back at my notes and then the point I forgot to mention I write in colour and try to remember them. It works for me. Hopefully it works for you too!!! :biggrin:

thaaaankyouu, that sounds really helpful :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by G!!
thaaaankyouu, that sounds really helpful :smile:

You're welcome. It helped me a lot. :biggrin:
I look at the criteria and fulfil it and anything else I need to know on flashcards. I highlight any important information that I need to know and keep my revision notes in one place. I tend to use textbooks and Bitesize to help me understand stuff that I get confused with.

I can recommend a really good website though called Get Revising which TSR has a link to. It's pretty helpful and means that you can keep your revision notes in one place. You can also test yourself on there and create a revision timetable, etc.
Reply 9
G!!
OP
Original post by TheGoonerGirl
I look at the criteria and fulfil it and anything else I need to know on flashcards. I highlight any important information that I need to know and keep my revision notes in one place. I tend to use textbooks and Bitesize to help me understand stuff that I get confused with.

I can recommend a really good website though called Get Revising which TSR has a link to. It's pretty helpful and means that you can keep your revision notes in one place. You can also test yourself on there and create a revision timetable, etc.

okay, cool thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending