The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by polka_dott
thank you for the reply - I am going after 10am so I will catch the 25 or the 25a. Do you know at all how far the education department is from any of its stops? To me it looks like a 5-10 min walk at the most from the nearest stop?

Both the 25 and the 25a go to the same bus stops on campus (they differ slightly in the route they take through West Norwich) so don't worry about catching one or the other - as long as its display says "University" or "University UEA" then you can catch it.

There's actually a bus stop directly outside EDU - basically, pretty much everyone will get off at the main university bus stop if you the 25(a), and then I think it's about two stops further along and it literally drops you off directly outside the building. Don't worry if you miss the stops though, it's probably less than three minutes to walk between the stops and we're a pretty friendly bunch to ask about directions. Hope that helps.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Eloquai
Both the 25 and the 25a go to the same bus stops on campus (they differ slightly in the route they take through West Norwich) so don't worry about catching one or the other - as long as its display says "University" or "University UEA" then you can catch it.

There's actually a bus stop directly outside EDU - basically, pretty much everyone will get off at the main university bus stop if you the 25(a), and then I think it's about two stops further along and it literally drops you off directly outside the building. Don't worry if you miss the stops though, it's probably less than three minutes to walk between the stops and we're a pretty friendly bunch to ask about directions. Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply - so the 25a does stop outside the education department? I might ask the driver to please stop for me when he gets there :biggrin: it did not look too far on the interactive map from the main bus stop but I wasn't sure.
Reply 902
Original post by polka_dott
Thanks for your reply - so the 25a does stop outside the education department? I might ask the driver to please stop for me when he gets there :biggrin: it did not look too far on the interactive map from the main bus stop but I wasn't sure.

The driver might not know which building is which, though certainly worth a try.

However, as said above its 2 stops after the main stop. So you'll get to the first one on campus where everyone gets off, then you go across a mini roundabout and past a second stop, then the following stop is the one you want.

The edu building is a white building on your left and on your right you should see a big new building with glass along the front on the ground floor (the Thomas Paine building).

Xxx

posted from the TSR Android app
Original post by LB MacKinder
Any current law students at UEA willing to speak to me generally about the law school etc? Cheers.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I'm a first year law student at UEA, I would be more than happy to talk to you about my experiences if that's any help. You can either message me or talk to be here.
Original post by ChrisGoodwin
I'm a first year law student at UEA, I would be more than happy to talk to you about my experiences if that's any help. You can either message me or talk to be here.

Hey!

I've sent you a message to your TSR inbox.

Cheers.

Reply 905
It doesn't have new bikes for sale but it does sell renovated second hand bikes.
Hi guys,

The background is:

* we are putting up the speed from 2Mb/s to 4Mb/s this Easter (we've already done some of the residence blocks)

* we are piloting 8Mbit/s wireless in the some residences (Village Houses and Suffolk Walk)

* we've put in a £1M+ bid to install wireless throughout the residences (although it will probably be a phased install)

* we have plans (linked to an upgrade to the university Internet connection this year) to increase speeds to 8Mb/s for next academic year with headroom for future increases.

I hope this helps!

UEAACCOM
Original post by UEAAccommodation
Hi guys,

The background is:

* we are putting up the speed from 2Mb/s to 4Mb/s this Easter (we've already done some of the residence blocks)

* we are piloting 8Mbit/s wireless in the some residences (Village Houses and Suffolk Walk)

* we've put in a £1M+ bid to install wireless throughout the residences (although it will probably be a phased install)

* we have plans (linked to an upgrade to the university Internet connection this year) to increase speeds to 8Mb/s for next academic year with headroom for future increases.

I hope this helps!

UEAACCOM

Wow good to hear it straight from the horses mouth! Thank you. May I also ask, are there any plans to allow second years to stay on campus?
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/518239784872939/ Link to the UEA 2013/2014 Fresher's page on facebook if anyone is interested in joining the group! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 909
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/518239784872939/ Link to the UEA 2013/2014 Fresher's page on facebook if anyone is interested in joining the group! :smile:

Reply 910
I'm coming to UEA in september and I'm interested in joining either athletics or hockey as I used to do hockey and long distance running when I was younger and would quite like to get back into one of them + meet people through the society.

I haven't done either in ages and I'm just worried that everyone else who joins was in their schools 1st team and county teams etc

I know there are medic's teams and I'm not ruling them out just I'd like to know people on other courses and feel part of the uni not just part of the medical school... if you know what I mean?

They say they welcome beginners but how true is this?

Thanks for your help!

p.s. I've heard horror stories about hockey initiations at other unis - how bad are they at UEA?
Reply 911
Original post by fw953
I'm coming to UEA in september and I'm interested in joining either athletics or hockey as I used to do hockey and long distance running when I was younger and would quite like to get back into one of them + meet people through the society.

I haven't done either in ages and I'm just worried that everyone else who joins was in their schools 1st team and county teams etc

I know there are medic's teams and I'm not ruling them out just I'd like to know people on other courses and feel part of the uni not just part of the medical school... if you know what I mean?

They say they welcome beginners but how true is this?

Thanks for your help!

p.s. I've heard horror stories about hockey initiations at other unis - how bad are they at UEA?

Hey there, I can't exactly answer your question as I don't play hockey and am I not on the first team of a competitive sport. I'm a UEA student and from what I perceive, everyone trains together including beginners. We do have competitions eg Derby day against Uni Essex and national competitions, for instance, British Uni Baseball cup etc. I would imagine that in such cases only a set number of people will be chosen and it would be the best UEA has. Don't be put off, you never know what the standards are like if you don't come and train so please do! hope this helps a bit:colondollar:
Original post by lilGem

Good! There doesn't seem to be many on it! :biggrin:

Reply 913
Good! There doesn't seem to be many on it! :biggrin:

After summer results there'll be more especially once there's the offical group/ halls etc :yep:
Original post by lilGem
After summer results there'll be more especially once there's the offical group/ halls etc :yep:

Ahh right, I see. I think you have to be approved by the administrator for that group, have you been approved?

Reply 915
Ahh right, I see. I think you have to be approved by the administrator for that group, have you been approved?

they haven't even been posted yet :lol:
Original post by lilGem
they haven't even been posted yet :lol:

No, I mean the group who's link I posted! Haha lol

Reply 917

oh, yeah I have been :smile:
Reply 918

oh, yeah I have been :smile:
I'm going to put UEA down as my insurance. Will I still be able to apply for accomodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending