The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I had my biology ISA today about photosynthesis, was pretty easy (I hope)
Was pleasantly surprised about my 45 for Bio, thought I might have to resit. It was on Osmosis and Diffusion in a Potato though.
Original post by dandaman7771
Just found out my ISA raw marks today for definite:

Physics: 47 Hopefully 100ums
Biology: 45 Hopefully 100ums
Chemistry: 41 Probably around 93 but am resitting after Easter.

On the exam resit front, I asked our Head of Science and he seemed certain the latest mark counts.:frown:

I know that they say they are certain, but the new exam guidelines for AQA sciences all specify that so long as 40% of the entire module is taken in the terminal examination period of the exams final award (when you get your full grade) the best mark in any resits will count. In most schools, they get around this by submitting the ISA in summer at the same time as the examination which means that in fact 50% of the final award is taken in the final examination period (if your school doesnt do this, this is why they say that your latest counts)
I believe my school does submit in summer, as I have to resit yet so when else could they? Thanks
I believe my school does submit in summer, as I have to resit yet so when else could they? Thanks

As schools often have study leave, they do them early (just like what everybody on here has been saying) instead of doing them in the summer exam period. some schools are honest and say that the ISA was done outside the period, but some say they do them all in one day during the exam period and then submit them. (That was how my teacher explained it all to me anyhow, it all sounds a little suspicious to me) :confused: :s-smilie: :confused:
Original post by grammar12
I did this one too, i was told that to get full marks you had to write something along the lines of "By increasing the resolution of the values, you can get far more accurate results due to the slower/more gradual/smaller increase of these values. By repeating the experiment with the modified values, you can choose an appropriate value to give you the most reliable and or accurate results. When the independent values have been calculated, one can repeat the experiment more than three times to ensure accuracy and reliability with the chosen values"

thank you so much it makes so much sense now! i wrote similar to this so hopefully i do alright! for the normally accuracy question i just wrote about increase sample size, inspect for and remove anoumulaus results, with new data calculate a mean (said how to do this) and said this increases accuracy as it reduced the efect of anomulaus results :biggrin:
Original post by Captain Anonymous
thank you so much it makes so much sense now! i wrote similar to this so hopefully i do alright! for the normally accuracy question i just wrote about increase sample size, inspect for and remove anoumulaus results, with new data calculate a mean (said how to do this) and said this increases accuracy as it reduced the efect of anomulaus results :biggrin:

Sounds good! :biggrin:
Original post by grammar12
Sounds good! :biggrin:

thanks a bunch :wink:
Was pleasantly surprised about my 45 for Bio, thought I might have to resit. It was on Osmosis and Diffusion in a Potato though.

hey :smile: i got exactly the same, when i heard the ISA was on osmosis i pooped myself a little. I gained some background knowledge about osmosis and thought the ISAs went really well. And to my suprsie i got 45/50 :colondollar:

First section: 20/20
Second section: 25/30
what made it even more suprising was that the teacher that marked it is such an harsh marker like the ISA on photosynthesis i got something like mid 30's as she gave me like 3/9 for the 9 mark question :frown: so i was like damn i must've done good as she marked it.

PS: i thought she hated me as well :tongue:
Reply 170
what made it even more suprising was that the teacher that marked it is such an harsh marker like the ISA on photosynthesis i got something like mid 30's as she gave me like 3/9 for the 9 mark question :frown: so i was like damn i must've done good as she marked it.

PS: i thought she hated me as well :tongue:

May i ask you when you got 96ums in B1? and if your resitting it?
Original post by a123a
May i ask you when you got 96ums in B1? and if your resitting it?

Oh, i got 96UMS in june 2012 when the boundaries where really low! I'm re sitting it because my school accidentally entered me in and apparently they say they can't opt me back out :confused:
but yeah, i'm going to re sit the B1 exam in june 2013 :/
Anyone going to start revising science of some sort? :tongue:
I've already finished B3 and C3 :P
Original post by sneakbo2
I've already finished B3 and C3 :P

Woah! That's really good! That indicates that I should start revising -.- LOOOL how about your other subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woah! That's really good! That indicates that I should start revising -.- LOOOL how about your other subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Halfway through I.T (retake), Haven't started english lit revision yet, R.S almost done and a few others :P
Anyone done the Physics ISA on pendulums?
Original post by sneakbo2
Anyone done the Physics ISA on pendulums?

Nope sorry, but, have heard that its particularly 'easy'. I know what comes up on paper 1 though :colone:
Nope sorry, but, have heard that its particularly 'easy'. I know what comes up on paper 1 though :colone:

Ahah same, Sources and which one was more useful, hypothesis +explain, 9 mark method, then explain why you divide the number of swings by 10 or something like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending