The Student Room Group

TSR FIFA League

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Looks like I've pretty much topped the group with two games to spare :lol:. Unless paddy S can do the double over me(won't be surprised if this happens tbh).

Hows group B xbox looking like so far?

Myself and Thamesgbaski are through to the semis. I finished on 13 points and Thamesgbaski finished on 11.

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277
Looks like I've pretty much topped the group with two games to spare :lol:. Unless paddy S can do the double over me(won't be surprised if this happens tbh).

Hows group B xbox looking like so far?

Group B: 1st: Sufistic

2nd: Thamesgbaski.

Both Sufistic and Thamesgbaski have qualified. We are waiting for group A.
Original post by Sufistic
Myself and Thamesgbaski are through to the semis. I finished on 13 points and Thamesgbaski finished on 11.

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think your Portugal is nothing without Ronaldo. He was anonymous in our matches. Lool
Reply 403
Original post by sortedguy
Any in group a ps3 want to play?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, add me ZxH800 as I had trouble adding you.
Original post by Thamesgbaski
I think your Portugal is nothing without Ronaldo. He was anonymous in our matches. Lool

Ha! So true. I didn't wanna be Portugal, tbh. Play me in a non-cup game soon - Barcelona is my team. Love the slow build up play.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Erm I might be on xbox in an hour.
Original post by Thamesgbaski

Haha we should have recorded the games. Anyway I'm gonna look for my headset so we can do the party thing. Or just to talk in general lol.
Ha! So true. I didn't wanna be Portugal, tbh. Play me in a non-cup game soon - Barcelona is my team. Love the slow build up play.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh k. I will be Italy. I need to get better with them. lol
Original post by Paddy S
I can play out second leg anytime to ought from 8:30 onwards if that suits you?
If not just send me a message when you're available.

Nah i'm not going to be on tonight. If it says i'm on it's generally my mate who is on all the time. I'll let you know when on next.

Original post by jam277
Na play automatic. Play semi on pc. Yeah well it was a mixture of me and my brother in the match. I played the first half of the match then he played the second half of the first match. He then played the first half of the second match.

I use tactical defending. Basically normal buttons. I just do possession game. Keep the ball and if I see a space take it(my second goal in the first match with benzema e.g.). If there's a big gap then I used the counter attack.

How do you make so few mistakes, i just find if i do possession i eventually do one poor pass messing it all up. Do you do it all automatic, or have you changed a few things? Just wondering how you got that good haha. Custom tactics too?
Original post by Gob Bluth
Nah i'm not going to be on tonight. If it says i'm on it's generally my mate who is on all the time. I'll let you know when on next.

How do you make so few mistakes, i just find if i do possession i eventually do one poor pass messing it all up. Do you do it all automatic, or have you changed a few things? Just wondering how you got that good haha. Custom tactics too?

No custom tactics in anything. Just the normal thing. I make sure I direct my pass with the right amount of power to the next guy. Then I variate it by doing one-twos in front of the defence or faking a one-two to move the oppositions players out of position. That's why you saw me around the box doing quite a bit of that passing.

Main thing in fifa is just to control the game at your tempo and if that's not working defend, grind a result and play on the counter(I do it vs my brother).

I was watching my brother play vs you and he was doing it even better. He's much better at pressing than I am but I can still apply a lot of pressure on the opposition but he seems to be able to do it without leaving any holes in defence.
Reply 409
PS3, played 3 games, one against mahatma.gandhi (France) and two against sortedguy (Germany). The second game with gandhi will be tommorow probably as his connection wasn't the best today.

Spain 2 France 1
Spain 3 Germany 2
Spain 2 Germany 0
Reply 410
Original post by zxh800
PS3, played 3 games, one against mahatma.gandhi (France) and two against sortedguy (Germany). The second game with gandhi will be tommorow probably as his connection wasn't the best today.

Spain 2 France 1
Spain 3 Germany 2
Spain 2 Germany 0

Finally some progress in Group A:rolleyes:
Playing with Germany is so frustrating :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sortedguy
Playing with Germany is so frustrating :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had some success with:
Reus
Schurrle______Podolski
Ozil
Khedira_______Schwein
Schmelzer Boateng Hummels Lahm
Neuer

It's got pace, longshots and is pretty solid defensively.
yoitsro ps3
won div 1 twice on ut
currently scaling up seasons, in division 4 atm
Somebody should try and record the finals and upload it to youtube. O:
Original post by aptkoolaid
Somebody should try and record the finals and upload it to youtube. O:

Agreed. That's a good idea. But unfortunately, I am terrible at this recording stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed. That's a good idea. But unfortunately, I am terrible at this recording stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown:
Original post by aptkoolaid
:frown:

I'm sure someone else can :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 418
Original post by Son234
X

Original post by yoitsro
X

Original post by guardian
X

Unfortunately, KingMessi has had to pull out of the tournament due to a busy schedule and so Argentina is available for Group A (PS3). We are trying to get Group A over and done with as Group B is almost complete. I would advise only to choose Argentina if you are free to play this week...

So far Group A consists of:

Ghandi - France
zxh800 - Spain
sortedguy - Germany
????????? - Argentina
Reply 419
Guys the only time this week i can play is tonight after 11:30pm until next tuesday so looks like im gonna have to pull out unless i can play paddy once and god bluth twice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest