The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Diagnostic Radiography Medway Campus 2014

Thought I'd start a thread specially for all those who have been given a place at Medway for April 2014 so we can "meet" and talk!

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS!!

Have you all "Firm"ly accepted on your UCAS form yet? I did immediately! Seems like we've been waiting forever doesn't it!? Can't wait to get going! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey yes indeed ! Did you manage to write down the timetable for the course please as I have not ..just a brief one .. april is unusual time to start ! when did you have the interview btw ? Thanks
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Yay! Found u! Have given firm acceptance! Can't wait!!!! X
Reply 3
Original post by opal1
Hey yes indeed ! Did you manage to write down the timetable for the course please as I have not ..just a brief one .. april is unusual time to start ! when did you have the interview btw ? Thanks

I have the dates but not specific times for lectures etc? Xx
Reply 4
Original post by opal1

Induction week 22nd-25th april
9 weeks uni 28th April-27th june
clinical 4 weeks 30th June-25th July
uni 1 week 28th July-1st august
5 week summer hol
Uni 3 weeks 8th sept-26th sept
clinical 8 weeks 29th sept-21st nov
uni 4 weeks 24th nov-19th dec
uni 5 weeks 5th jan-6th feb
clinical 4 weeks 9th feb-6th march
uni 9th march-18th feb
Reply 5
That's fine thanks very much ! I wrote down Canterbury ones as was hoping to start in September ! But medway is fine just can't wait ! Where are you based now?
Reply 6
Induction start 22nd April ? It does say 1st April start or am I missing smth .. Sorry
Reply 7
Well that's what I copied down from the interview so dunno x
Reply 8
That's fine, thank you !
Reply 9
Wow- we're going to be really ready for that summer holiday by the time we get it!!

Shall we do introductions?

My name is Vicky and I live in St Marys Island in Chatham and can see the campus from my window!! I'm 30.

How about you guys?

Did you know we get purple scrubs on placement?! Lol!
Reply 10
Hey Vicky, I'm Laura I live in Walderslade, am 28, 2 kiddies age 5 and 6, can't wait to start! We will def meet up for a good old gossip and coffee before we start :smile: xxx
Reply 11
Lol purple scrubs :smile: love it!!! Xxx
Reply 12
Nice to meet you Laura!! Yes DEFINATELY to coffee! I think coffee might become our friend over the next 3 years!! Ha ha!

Another mature student like me then! What did you do before applying for this? I've been a retail manager for 12 years.

Do you know any others that got accepted on our course? Because I have two others from my access course that have been!!

And yes purple- cute eh?! ;-) xx
Reply 13
Original post by Blondie457
Nice to meet you Laura!! Yes DEFINATELY to coffee! I think coffee might become our friend over the next 3 years!! Ha ha!

Another mature student like me then! What did you do before applying for this? I've been a retail manager for 12 years.

Do you know any others that got accepted on our course? Because I have two others from my access course that have been!!

And yes purple- cute eh?! ;-) xx
Hey all,
I am in the team,got unconditional offer in Medway,Interviewed on 25th Feb.
Let's get ready for 3 year's.
Congratulation to you all
Reply 14
No don't know any others as yet, I have been a stay at home mum for past 7 years, have little part time job in Tesco grove green but used to be a radiography student before I had my kids (was only a few months) but knew now was the time to come back :smile: can't wait for us all to get together and have a chin wag!! Xx
Reply 15
Original post by Laura117
Hey Vicky, I'm Laura I live in Walderslade, am 28, 2 kiddies age 5 and 6, can't wait to start! We will def meet up for a good old gossip and coffee before we start :smile: xxx

I also love that I keep aging myself....I am 27 not 28 lol xxx
Reply 16
Original post by tri_zone
Hey all,
I am in the team,got unconditional offer in Medway,Interviewed on 25th Feb.
Let's get ready for 3 year's.
Congratulation to you all

Hi trizone!! Nice to meet you! We can't call you that tho! Ha ha. What's your first name? Where do you come from and what did you do before applying?

looking forward to actually meeting you all! :smile:)
Reply 17
Original post by Laura117
No don't know any others as yet, I have been a stay at home mum for past 7 years, have little part time job in Tesco grove green but used to be a radiography student before I had my kids (was only a few months) but knew now was the time to come back :smile: can't wait for us all to get together and have a chin wag!! Xx

Yeah we DEFINATELY will have to have a meet up before.

Me and the other two that have been offered a place (who are in my class) are doing our Access course which finishes in June. Hard work to get good marks till then!

One of the guys saw another man that was in our interview yesterday, at college- he joined our biology test from another class for some reason- and he told my friend that he still hasn't heard from Canterbury either way!!! Can you imagine STILL waiting???

I wonder if they sent the acceptances out in waves and they're offering the last out as they get the declines through?
Reply 18
Yeah I know the suspense must be killing people I saw on other thread people are still waiting, am just relieved that we finally heard it was bad enough waiting the amount of time we did! Good luck finishing the access course :smile: xxx
Reply 19
Original post by Blondie457
Hi trizone!! Nice to meet you! We can't call you that tho! Ha ha. What's your first name? Where do you come from and what did you do before applying?

looking forward to actually meeting you all! :smile:)
Hi Blondie457,
My name is Sanjay and I am from London.
As far as doing before left my country India then USA and back to UK.
Right now I am in USA and will be back soon.
Did my Access to Radiography from London.
Yes hope to see yo soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending