The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What's the problem though? :s-smilie:

Edit: Looks like we have a lot of homophobes about... :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't want kids but it would make no difference to me whatsoever, I'd love them exactly the same as if they were straight. And why would it matter if they were anyway?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Firstly, homosexuality and homo-eroticism are different things. Secondly, I wouldn't care, the great thing about being a good parent is that you love your child unconditionally, whatever their characteristics.

Edit: my goodness, the neg brigade certainly is out in force! How awful of me to love my kids regardless of their sexual orientation, I'm just barbaric :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I was thinking about this a few days ago.

I know a few that are extremely homophobic; one of them just got married and I wonder what he would do if he had a gay child.
well, at least if my daughter was a lesbian, I wouldn't have to worry about the billions of penises that could impregnate her...
Reply 6
I'd love them just as much as I would do a straight child...

And homo-eroticism is not the same as homosexual...
Reply 7
Tell them that I love them regardless and I fully support them. Hopefully by the time such an event happened then there will be less public stigma attached to coming out publicly and it won't be the big deal it is today.

As for homo-eroticism, if they are of legal age then it's no concern of mine (or anyone elses) what happens in their private lives so long as they are happy.
Reply 8
Original post by kka25
I was thinking about this a few days ago.

I know a few that are extremely homophobic; one of them just got married and I wonder what he would do if he had a gay child.

Thankfully most people seem to accept it when it is their own children - my friend comes from a homophobic household and when he first came out his brother rang him and told him he 'had to turn back'. :rolleyes: But now they're totally accepting and they all know his partner really well. It's so sad when someone is rejected by their family because they're gay, but even in the most homophobic households there's always a chance they'll realise homosexuality isn't as bad as they thought because previously they were just ignorant. The ones that do reject their family members are bad people rather than ignorant.
I wouldn't care. As parents, your children are the people who look up most to you and turn to you when they need help. If there is conflict at home about the chillds sexual orientation, chances are the child is going to feel iscolated everywhere. They'r still the child you love, whether they are hetrosexual, bisexual, homosexual or have a disability or a disease.
Reply 10
I'd abort them, there and then
direct him towards a career in the catholic church
Reply 12
Original post by Magwen
What do you think about homoerotism
?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Homoeroticism, or homosexuality? Because being gay is about more than just sex you know.

Anyway, I wouldn't care. I'd hope that they'd be open with me about it and not feel like they have to hide it. My only worry might be how they might get treated by others but I'd do my best to support them.
Reply 13
I would beat the gay out of that child!!:fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They won't be
Reply 15
Original post by Perseveranze
They won't be

Parent in denial over here!! :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Nothing.

At best maybe tell him that he still has to use condoms.
Means bugger all to me. I love my children unconditionally. As long as they are happy, and living a good life, then I'm happy. Sexuality is irrelevant.
Original post by ipoop
I would beat the gay out of that child!!:fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Couldn't agree more! :biggrin:
I'd be disappointed, not going to lie, but I'd still love them and support them anyway.