The Student Room Group

TSR FIFA League

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveiswaiting
So gutted I didn't see this last week - would've loved to wipe the floor with some of you boys! :P

Get your details down and wipe away.
Original post by sortedguy
Playing with Germany is so frustrating :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Germany is my favorite team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277
Germany is my favorite team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, I prefer Italy to Germany :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, I prefer Italy to Germany :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because italy are faster. I just like germany, they have the strength to bully you but have similar technique to that of italy. Just lack pace.
Original post by jam277
Because italy are faster. I just like germany, they have the strength to bully you but have similar technique to that of italy. Just lack pace.

You gonna be online in about an hour? Want to play a non-cup game? Be any team you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277

I think Italy lacks pace. The only fast player there is Giovinco but he is weak so I only use him in free space. I like Italy (not my best team) because the team has balance. Good GK, DEF, MID and ATT.
Original post by Sufistic
You gonna be online in about an hour? Want to play a non-cup game? Be any team you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Erm yeah around half 1. Yeah might as well man.
Original post by Thamesgbaski
I think Italy lacks pace. The only fast player there is Giovinco but he is weak so I only use him in free space. I like Italy (not my best team) because the team has balance. Good GK, DEF, MID and ATT.

Na, chiellini, abate, ogbonna, marchisio, balotelli, giovinco are all pacey players in their respective positions.
Compare that to germany when howedes is the only decent paced centre back otherwise you have lahm and mertesacker. Lahm is decent paced but not super fast, boateng is slow for an RB. Khedira and schweinsteigger aren't fast.

Really unless you're using podolski up front you don't have anyone with considerable pace without making your team considerably weaker.
Reply 428
Original post by jam277

What formation do you use for Germany? I've tried the standard 4-2-3-1 but the players just feel really sluggish and I can't seem to dictate any rhythm like I can with England :confused:
Original post by gunit123
What formation do you use for Germany? I've tried the standard 4-2-3-1 but the players just feel really sluggish and I can't seem to dictate any rhythm like I can with England :confused:

Standard, but I put it on attacking, allows you to press the opposition more and retrieve lost balls, then I use podolski and reus on the wings to pump balls into klose. Depending on how I feel I either use mertesacker for his defensive abilities or howedes for his pace to work with hummels.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Standard, but I put it on attacking, allows you to press the opposition more and retrieve lost balls, then I use podolski and reus on the wings to pump balls into klose. Depending on how I feel I either use mertesacker for his defensive abilities or howedes for his pace to work with hummels.

No Schmelzer at LB?
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
No Schmelzer at LB?

Na, use lahm and boateng, defensively they're better than schmelzer. Wish alaba was german though, him and lahm would be awesome.
Original post by jam277
Na, use lahm and boateng, defensively they're better than schmelzer. Wish alaba was german though, him and lahm would be awesome.

Agreed, or if Piszczek was a traitor like Podolski...
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
Agreed, or if Piszczek was a traitor like Podolski...

Imagine podolski and biaszcykowski on the wings for poland threading lewandowski. :sogood:
Original post by jam277
Imagine podolski and biaszcykowski on the wings for poland threading lewandowski. :sogood:

With Reus in behind :coma:, if only Germany and Poland decided to hyphenate :moon:
If anything starts on the Xbox front, count me in.

GT: MrBlobbyOwnage
I'm available to play from now this evening if anyone from group A is available, i'll probably want to watch the England game though so sometime in the next 2 hours would be ideal.
I'll be free around 9:30?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you play tonight at any time?
sorry didn't see you're message yesterday.
Original post by zxh800
kl, I'll be Spain.

You available at any time tonight for our second game? my connection seems pretty good.
Who wants an xbox non-cup game?

Quick Reply

Latest