The Student Room Group

What Kind of university do you wish to Graduate in?

Here it is.....
there thousands of universities throught out the world
What are the attributes of the university u wanna graduate
in?????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Friendly!
Reply 2
Welcoming and renowned.
Reply 3
prestigious,,,,thats the truth!
Reply 4
Original post by gossipgirl1

Very sad. I find prestige hunters rarely get into the 'prestigious' universities they seek.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Azarimanka
Very sad. I find prestige hunters generally get into the 'prestigious' universities they seek.

thats good then? :smile:
Reply 6
hogwarts
Reply 7
Hopefully not anywhere too substandard. Cambridge will do, but I suppose I might even consider Oxford/Harvard.

Lol, and then I remembered I already have a degree from two of them :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
An Oxonian one.
Reply 9
thats good then? :smile:

*rarely. It's about your subject and desire to learn. Not prestige.
Reply 10
Well, when I first started applying for uni, how prestigious the university was probably my most important factor. But as I went through the process, I decided that in the end, I'd want to graduate from a university where I would of had the most fun yet challenging 3 years of my life!
*rarely. It's about your subject and desire to learn. Not prestige.

No but I mean if people who want a uni with prestige go to a uni with prestige then they have achieved what they wanted so they are happy :smile: also prestige does affect job opportunities to prestige is very very relevant.
No but I mean if people who want a uni with prestige go to a uni with prestige then they have achieved what they wanted so they are happy :smile: also prestige does affect job opportunities to prestige is very very relevant.

I fundamentally disagree - people tend to end up at the 'right' university for them based on their strengths/weaknesses academically - as such the prestige doesn't really come into it.
Reply 13
Thanks for sharing this grateful information. This is very helpful for me in my further studies.
Reply 14

Prestige is not everything and is easy to achieve with lots of money
the most important thing is having fun throughout the year(s) as well
as studying hard!!........as jodie said

Original post by Jodie_668
Well, when I first started applying for uni, how prestigious the university was probably my most important factor. But as I went through the process, I decided that in the end, I'd want to graduate from a university where I would of had the most fun yet challenging 3 years of my life!
Yes, every student always wish to Graduate in different stream.
I fundamentally disagree - people tend to end up at the 'right' university for them based on their strengths/weaknesses academically - as such the prestige doesn't really come into it.

hahha, You LITERALLY said people who strive for prestigious unis usually end up at prestigious unis!

'I find prestige hunters generally get into the 'prestigious' universities they seek.'

Therefore prestige does come in to it, LOL
Original post by yahya khattab
Prestige is not everything and is easy to achieve with lots of money
the most important thing is having fun throughout the year(s) as well
as studying hard!!........as jodie said

Yeah but I mean I would want to graduate in a place that is prestigious, I won't because I'm not clever enough, but if I could I would
hahha, You LITERALLY said people who strive for prestigious unis usually end up at prestigious unis!

'I find prestige hunters generally get into the 'prestigious' universities they seek.'

Therefore prestige does come in to it, LOL

Please note the edit.

Dare I say, if this is your usual standard of argumentation, I do not see you getting into the 'prestigious' university you appear to crave.
Reply 19
Yeah but I mean I would want to graduate in a place that is prestigious, I won't because I'm not clever enough, but if I could I would

Just say ISA

Quick Reply

Latest