The Student Room Group

Why do I feel sick when I get up early?

I always seem to feel sick in the mornings, when I get up at 6:30. If I get up at 10:00 on weekends I don't feel sick.

I never used to, but it suddenly came on. I thought it may be dehydration, but surely I would feel sick more the later I wake up?
Reply 1
Clearly the first question to ask is whether or not you are getting enough sleep.
Reply 2
Original post by Mockery
Clearly the first question to ask is whether or not you are getting enough sleep.

Yes, I get to sleep at about 11:30 and I wake up at about 6:30.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I always seem to feel sick in the mornings, when I get up at 6:30. If I get up at 10:00 on weekends I don't feel sick.

I never used to, but it suddenly came on. I thought it may be dehydration, but surely I would feel sick more the later I wake up?

I have this exact same problem. Anything earlier than nine and I feel incredibly nauseous. No idea what causes it or how to fix it but you're not alone :tongue:
Yep, I constantly get this problem. It sucks.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, I get to sleep at about 11:30 and I wake up at about 6:30.

Try getting more sleep. Surely that's the most simple and obvious solution? I know for a fact that 7 hours isn't enough for me.
Do you eat dinner at the same time every day? It may be that your body is more/less hungry when you wake up at different times of day.
Your body works to digest food as you sleep, so if you are getting up so early and eating late at night, you could be disturbing the process!
Reply 7
I get that when I haven't slept enough. Try going to bed earlier?
Reply 8
I had this, turned out it's a stomach acid thing. I sleep on my stomach rather than on my side, eat something small and carbodydrate-y before bed like a few crackers, and then I don't feel sick when I wake up. Failing that, ranitidine also works wonders. You can get it on prescription or buy it from boots (Zantac.)
Reply 9
Original post by Damask-
I had this, turned out it's a stomach acid thing. I sleep on my stomach rather than on my side, eat something small and carbodydrate-y before bed like a few crackers, and then I don't feel sick when I wake up. Failing that, ranitidine also works wonders. You can get it on prescription or buy it from boots (Zantac.)

Don't your boobs get in the way?
Reply 10
Original post by Cool Cat
Don't your boobs get in the way?

Not if I sleep on a pillow. :tongue:
i always have this, it's awful. i can't do anything that starts really early anymore because otherwise i spend hours feeling like i'm going to vomit everywhere :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I get this and i hate it, but wierdly i only get it through the summer.

I avoid it if im up before 6 or up after about half 10

Quick Reply

Latest