The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Accomodation options in coventry uni?

If i don't want to use the uni accommodation how do i use the private ones?

is it first come first serve?
Are they close to the campus?

Thank you.
Reply 1
I believe you just apply on the website (such as Unite or Victoria or whomever) and probably supply some information to confirm your place at the university.

There are a couple which stand out. The first two are Victoria Halls, owned by Victoria (opening this summer), and Raglan Halls (I believe are owned by Unite). They're both within a minute walk from Singer Halls (university owned) on Alma Street and Raglan Street respectively. I am in Singer and it takes me about 5-10 minutes to walk to The Hub, or 10-15 minutes to walk to the new engineering building between Gosford Street and Gulson Road - This is also where the business school, library and welcome centre are.

The other one I can think of is Callice Court, owned by Unite. This is on Gosford Street and a good 5-10 minute walk to The Hub or 5 minutes to the library/engineering building.

So yeah, they're pretty close. To be honest, the university accommodation is fine. Unite are quite expensive, but Victoria Halls are producing rooms which are around £116 a week (Singer is £115) and they have en suite, etc. They would be my favourites if I had to live in halls again.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by SillyEddy
I believe you just apply on the website (such as Unite or Victoria or whomever) and probably supply some information to confirm your place at the university.

There are a couple which stand out. The first two are Victoria Halls, owned by Victoria (opening this summer), and Raglan Halls (I believe are owned by Unite). They're both within a minute walk from Singer Halls (university owned) on Alma Street and Raglan Street respectively. I am in Singer and it takes me about 5-10 minutes to walk to The Hub, or 10-15 minutes to walk to the new engineering building between Gosford Street and Gulson Road - This is also where the business school, library and welcome centre are.

The other one I can think of is Callice Court, owned by Unite. This is on Gosford Street and a good 5-10 minute walk to The Hub or 5 minutes to the library/engineering building.

So yeah, they're pretty close. To be honest, the university accommodation is fine. Unite are quite expensive, but Victoria Halls are producing rooms which are around £116 a week (Singer is £115) and they have en suite, etc. They would be my favourites if I had to live in halls again.

Thank you

would rep but its finished for today lol
Reply 3
Original post by *Thedreaming*
Thank you

would rep but its finished for today lol

I'm not too fussed about gems, but thanks.

Which course are you thinking of doing anyway? For the record, some of the university owned accommodation is just fine. Well, Singer and possibly Trinity are fine. Priory is awful.
I'm not too fussed about gems, but thanks.

Which course are you thinking of doing anyway? For the record, some of the university owned accommodation is just fine. Well, Singer and possibly Trinity are fine. Priory is awful.

Economics

Thinking about picking liberty point, whats so bad about priory?
Reply 5
Economics

Thinking about picking liberty point, whats so bad about priory?

I think they're considering knocking it down for simply being so awful. Rooms are tatty, the food (catered) sucks, the security guards are so annoying and there is very little value for money.

Some of the other ones like Apollo don't look great either. I've heard that the houses are okay. Singer is fine (one of the best for social gatherings and independence). Liberty is supposed to be alright. I couldn't spend that much money on it though, hence suggesting Victoria Halls instead.
I think they're considering knocking it down for simply being so awful. Rooms are tatty, the food (catered) sucks, the security guards are so annoying and there is very little value for money.

Some of the other ones like Apollo don't look great either. I've heard that the houses are okay. Singer is fine (one of the best for social gatherings and independence). Liberty is supposed to be alright. I couldn't spend that much money on it though, hence suggesting Victoria Halls instead.

The main reason I want liberty point is because of en suite lol
Reply 7
The main reason I want liberty point is because of en suite lol

I wanted an en-suite, but having lived without one, I can't say it would've been worth the expense.

I think Liberty, Callice, Victoria and Raglan all have en-suite though. Victoria being the cheapest if I do remember correctly. That said, the building isn't actually complete. I think they have some early booking offers though.
Reply 8

Hey, read trough your posts and this has been very helpful :smile: jut had a quick question. As coventry is my insurance choice. If I don't get into my firm do you know if there is little chance of getting into Singer or raglan as the application will be made in August? Im worries ill end up in like Apollo which doesn't sound very nice.

Thanks in advanced.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by AliceHL
Hey, read trough your posts and this has been very helpful :smile: jut had a quick question. As coventry is my insurance choice. If I don't get into my firm do you know if there is little chance of getting into Singer or raglan as the application will be made in August? Im worries ill end up in like Apollo which doesn't sound very nice.

Thanks in advanced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well when I applied for accommodation, I couldn't actually pick which building I got (and they were my firm conditional offer). I picked the facilities I wanted (such as en suite, catered/self-catered, etc) and they assigned me a room after it was all said and done. It was pretty much luck that I got into Singer.

The chances will probably be slimmer for you, but not out of the question. A girl I know was able to stay in Callice Court (another Unite one like Raglan) and she went through clearing. You could consider applying, but you might lose a fee if you don't actually get in.
Reply 10
Well when I applied for accommodation, I couldn't actually pick which building I got (and they were my firm conditional offer). I picked the facilities I wanted (such as en suite, catered/self-catered, etc) and they assigned me a room after it was all said and done. It was pretty much luck that I got into Singer.

The chances will probably be slimmer for you, but not out of the question. A girl I know was able to stay in Callice Court (another Unite one like Raglan) and she went through clearing. You could consider applying, but you might lose a fee if you don't actually get in.

Thank you so so much. Has helped a lot xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
If i don't want to use the uni accommodation how do i use the private ones?

is it first come first serve?
Are they close to the campus?

Thank you.

Yeah im not sure about accomodation the uni itself offer. My friend told me about victoria halls but im not sure when there opening cause the website says coming soon.
Reply 12
Which halls are better between liberty and singer ? I wanted en suite but I get the impression singer is better ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending