The Student Room Group

What do you normally look in for a person to date?

Hey guys thought I'll make a light hearted thread. What would you normally look for in a person to date them?

For me they have to be down to earth, funny, kind, caring and at least show an interest in getting to know me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For me, exactly the things you mentioned :smile:
Reply 2
- Honestly and openness are pretty important to me
- Someone who's spontaneous and up for new things
- Someone who can have a laugh and doesn't take everything too seriously
- The kind of person who I can have fun with no matter where we are or what we're doing
- I like people who break conventions too, sure dinner dates or the movies are nice, but there are so many other fun things to do with someone you're getting to know that a lot of people seem to neglect
Reply 3
Massive breasts, but crucially, not a massive stomach
Reply 4
Great personality,good sense of humour,a caring nature, as well as being physically attracted to them :biggrin:
Reply 5
-They have to be educated, that's a number 1 for moi.
For example: All A/A*s in GCSE's (they're easy anyway)
-I want a middle class boy, not too posh but not a Brixton estate chav.
-Good looks. 6 pack (I can survive if he has a 4 pack), toned arms.. the whole package basically.
He has to be taller then 5ft10 (I'm 5ft6 if I wanted a short guy I would date a girl).
-He must be confident and funny, I like to have a laugh... I'm that type of extraordinary gal'
-Would love for my baby boy to have a car, I'm not to blame am I? I'm a girl we love money.
Intelligence/cleverness, a good sense of humour, funny without trying too hard, someone who is willing to go out and drink but also have nights in, similar values, good taste in film/books/music, etc.
Reply 7
Educated
Funny
Food lover
Sleep lover
Similar music taste to myself (metal)
Easy to talk to
Reply 8
Original post by LISSEY
Great personality,good sense of humour,a caring nature, as well as being physically attracted to them :biggrin:

You seem perfect haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
must have a silly/immature sense of humour like mine! or at least be able to go along with mine. obviously attractive too.
Reply 10
Original post by domg1994
You seem perfect haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile:
they have to be immature, a bit nerdy and be able to take a joke/ be funny
Reply 12
Original post by sausageez
they have to be immature, a bit nerdy and be able to take a joke/ be funny

Original post by LISSEY

Both of these are just pretty much me :biggrin: So its good to know that some would be attracted to small things like that :smile:
Original post by PinkyQT
-Good looks. 6 pack (I can survive if he has a 4 pack), toned arms.. the whole package basically.
He has to be taller then 5ft10 (I'm 5ft6 if I wanted a short guy I would date a girl).
-He must be confident and funny, I like to have a laugh... I'm that type of extraordinary gal'
-Would love for my baby boy to have a car, I'm not to blame am I? I'm a girl we love money.

I am so glad I am nothing like you.

Also, speak for yourself, not all girls LOVE money. It obviously has its uses but love? No.
I hope you find the person that you're looking for and if the are fantastic, great, but if not, maybe find someone that just some of the qualities that you are looking for because you could be missing out on someone great.
Reply 14
Original post by PinkyQT

I bet you're actually a guy on a female account.

I have my suspicions about imsoacademic as well.
Reply 15
Original post by Justanormalperson
I am so glad I am nothing like you.

Also, speak for yourself, not all girls LOVE money. It obviously has its uses but love? No.
I hope you find the person that you're looking for and if the are fantastic, great, but if not, maybe find someone that just some of the qualities that you are looking for because you could be missing out on someone great.

Exactly! Material qualities don't really mean anything
Reply 16
the person I'm ever going to date: would be my husband:smile: because I
like being old school :biggrin:
as long as he doesn't drink or smoke and likes being old school like me I'll be happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Someone who makes you laugh is the best and only starting point for me! I love to laugh :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by lilmissshady
the person I'm ever going to date: would be my husband:smile: because I
like being old school :biggrin:
as long as he doesn't drink or smoke and likes being old school like me I'll be happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Define 'old school' :smile:
They must have a nice body, but then I wouldnt be dating them if they didnt. I dont work my ass off for mine for girls who dont give a damn about theirs. Seriously, do a sport once a week, problem solved.

As for the date; they must be funny, and the more I feel like we are sucking each other into a tornado of geekish destruction, the better.

Quick Reply