The Student Room Group

Barts and the London accommodation 2013 entry

Poll

Where do you want to stay?

Hellooo everyone, thought i'd make a thread to discuss accommodation at Barts for 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

ahh I can't decide between Dawson and Mile end! I wanna be with some medics but Mile end is closer.
Reply 2
Original post by sweetcheeks2809
ahh I can't decide between Dawson and Mile end! I wanna be with some medics but Mile end is closer.

I'm in the exact same situation!!! I'm going to the open day tomorrow so I guess I will ask then. But everyone I've asked has said that dawson is the way to go..... but i love the idea of a campus :/. EEeekkk
Original post by sophiebk
I'm in the exact same situation!!! I'm going to the open day tomorrow so I guess I will ask then. But everyone I've asked has said that dawson is the way to go..... but i love the idea of a campus :/. EEeekkk

Me too! Maybe see you there... hopefully tomorrow will help us decide.
Reply 4
So glad I'm not the only thinking about this!
I'm going to the open day tomorrow too :biggrin: I was going to wait until tomorrow till I decide, I may go wonder around the accommodation to see what they look like properly from the outside :tongue:
Reply 5
I know someone who went to Barts for Med and she stayed at Mile End, she said it wasn't a problem not being with the medics
I'm still not sure though - why does there have to be so much choice!?
Reply 6
Original post by hermi1
So glad I'm not the only thinking about this!
I'm going to the open day tomorrow too :biggrin: I was going to wait until tomorrow till I decide, I may go wonder around the accommodation to see what they look like properly from the outside :tongue:

Original post by hermi1
I know someone who went to Barts for Med and she stayed at Mile End, she said it wasn't a problem not being with the medics
I'm still not sure though - why does there have to be so much choice!?

Probably will do the same. Eeeeeeekkkk. I'm so torn :L
Reply 7
I think it would be nice to be with other medics, but en-suite and being on campus makes Mile End more appealing to me. Shame Floyer doesn't have any en-suites as that would have been perfect!
En-suite is over-rated.. you won't have it from year 2 onwards so might as well get used to it :tongue:
Reply 9
Do many people get their own place or most share from 2nd year onwards? Is it too expensive to afford a place on your own?
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
En-suite is over-rated.. you won't have it from year 2 onwards so might as well get used to it :tongue:
Original post by ag2012
Do many people get their own place or most share from 2nd year onwards? Is it too expensive to afford a place on your own?

Everyone will share houses, why would you want to live on your own? :s-smilie:
Go Dawson! You won't have another opportunity to live in Central London for that price in your life!

Also we had a friend who live in Mile End campus, and he spent most of his time at Dawson sleeping on our floors!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ag2012

I know all of one person living on her own this year, and that's because her parents bought the flat. So you will be sharing from year 2 onwards in terms of houses, very unusual for you to find/want a one-bed
Reply 13
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
I know all of one person living on her own this year, and that's because her parents bought the flat. So you will be sharing from year 2 onwards in terms of houses, very unusual for you to find/want a one-bed

I now have to get private accommodation because I live in greater london. Do you have any suggestions for an area? Or just closet that I can :/?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I now have to get private accommodation because I live in greater london. Do you have any suggestions for an area? Or just closet that I can :/?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on how much you want to spend, I know a few people that had to find their own place when we were freshers and they found somewhere in Whitechapel, so that's a good shout. Other areas that are popular are places like Stepney green, some place close to lectures and stuff :smile:

Or if you want to go further out for a cheaper place then there are lots around Stratford (where I'm planning on living next year), though you'll probably need a tube pass as you'll be in Whitechapel all the time :smile:
Dawson hall. Barbican is like 15 - 20 mins from whitechapel, and it's nearer the places I like to go out. Perfect for this one ^^
any dental students here looking at barts accom?
How many people generally share the barthrooms at Dawson/Floyer??
Reply 18
Do all the rooms at Floyer have washbasins?
Reply 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try the following:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/University_of_London_Flatshare_Finder_Page

Or start a page for Barts medics starting in 2013 who need to flatshare? I think there will be quite a few ! Also look on FB for Barts students starting 2013
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending