The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

interview at the knowledge spa truro for adult nursing

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to ask firstly, if anyone else has an interview on Friday 11th at 9am at the knowledge spa in Truro for adult nursing? Secondly, if anyone has attended the knowledge spa for an interview for adult nursing and what it entails?

I know we get about a 10 minute one-to-one interview to talk about why we want to get into nursing and a topical issue on health. Can anyone expand on this or tell me what their experience was?

Also, how long did you have to wait to get an answer on whether you got a place or not?

Look forward to hearing from you

Cheersx:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya,

i can't help on what the interview initials but I believe it's more of a communication test.

i have an interview on 23rd... Good luck with yours :smile: x
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. Good luck with yours too:smile:
Reply 3
How did you get on? Had any offers yet?
Reply 4
Hi there,

No I have not heard anything yet and I am really annoyed and fed up with waiting. Everything is on hold in my life until I hear, frustrated is an understatement!

what about you?
good luck
Reply 5
Hello there, I had my interview at the end of January and I got an email asking which campus I preferred, Truro or Plymouth and I have heard NOTHING else!!! I keep wondering if that is good or bad, EVERYONE else in my Access group has been offered places - its just me - at least it is not a U yet! It is a real rollercoaster and I am very difficult to live with at the moment. Have you applied just to Truro??
Reply 6
I had my email on Monday offering me a place at the knowledge spa. Conditional offer though... So need to meet all criteria. I also had that call on Friday then UCAS updated Monday after...

It's a long old daunting process! Lots of frustration and anxiousness builds when waiting!!

Good luck to you both x
Reply 7
Mrs Wood, I really feel for you. To do an access course is a huge commitment, you must feel awful at the mo. my heart goes out to you and I truly wish you the best of luck!

I am not hopeful at all. This was my last stab at a career but I fear the worst. Back to job hunting!
Reply 8
Original post by cornishcream
Mrs Wood, I really feel for you. To do an access course is a huge commitment, you must feel awful at the mo. my heart goes out to you and I truly wish you the best of luck!

I am not hopeful at all. This was my last stab at a career but I fear the worst. Back to job hunting!

I am feeling the same way.... Have just had my 40th and am feeling that time is slipping away to start my career, however, i have had to wait until my children are at an age where they are able to cope with my placement. I too had my interview in January and have not heard anything, I applied for the Truro Knowledge Spa Only because of distance and haven't heard anything yet, where as some of the girls on my course have had offers for Truro now........ It's horrid the wait, I'd just like to be put out of my misery, so that I can plan another route. good luck all us waiters xxx
Reply 9
I have tried to contact Plymouth this week to get an answer but I have not heard anything! I am going to start bombarding them with emails and phone calls until someone can give me an answer as this is just bad! Really rude of them to keep people waiting like this when others have heard.

good luck allx
Reply 10
Got an unsuccessful today Grrrr :-( oh well try again next year, good luck to those still waiting, I feel a weight has been lifted, by not being in suspense now!
Reply 11
Oh slynkie, so sorry to hear you didn't get in this time :frown: if its really what you want you will find a wayx
Reply 12
I feel bad even posting this, but I go in to the knowledge spa!! I got an email last night - I have 2 boys under 4 and not sure how I will manage but I am absolutely thrilled - good luck everyone x
Reply 13
That's great Mrs Wood, really pleased for you! I have been bombarding Plymouth like I said and got a reply finally! They said they are aiming to let everyone know by 31 st but it could take up to three more weeks to get around to letting everyone know! Just hang on in there basically.
Reply 14
That's great Mrs Wood, really pleased for you! I have been bombarding Plymouth like I said and got a reply finally! They said they are aiming to let everyone know by 31 st but it could take up to three more weeks to get around to letting everyone know! Just hang on in there basically.

Thanks hun, yes am a little butted, but plan B is in action, have applied for a couple of jobs at Treliske and will try again next intake, good luck, fingers crossed for you, a few of the girls in my class at falmouth college haven't heard yet and are beside themselves.... Tis very stressful the wait x:angry:
Reply 15

Well done........ Am very pleased for you, I know the worry of feeling that time is slipping away to start your career, I'm sure you will find a way to manage the kiddies and will be worth it in the end.... :biggrin:
Reply 16
Got my unsuccessful today! I suppose I was expecting it but had the worst day ever at work so timing wasn't great! All the very best to those who got in, commiserations to those who didn't but keep trying if its what you want.
Reply 17
Hi all. Congrats to those who got in this year and sorry for those who didn't. I'm currently studying an access course part-time. Almost finished my first year so will soon be applying to study adult nursing (hopefully at the knowledge spa) for 2014. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what the interview process was like? Was it just an interview or did you have to do a group task or anything else? Thanks in advance.
Reply 18
Hi Jammy K

the morning of my interview just consisted of handing over all the docs they need then ushered into a room with 24 others. A lady from the course will talk and tell you that you will go off in groups of five and its done alphabetically. You then spend a while just sitting and chatting with those around you, it's not a group activity as no one is assessing what you say etc and you just wait till your name is called. You then go off into a room and sit opposite an interviewer and its a bit like speed dating as they ask you a question like I was asked about my experience in a caring role, then a buzzer goes after five mins and then they ask you another question, mine was how would you ensure in your daily role that you present the positive side of nursing and you talk until the buzzer goes again. You leave and go bback to the room and wait for everyone to have their interviews and then you're given a course overview by a lecturer and that's it. That's when the agonising three month wait starts! Good luck with your application. Competition is really tough, they interview 250 but there are only 50 places at the knowledge spa. You have to think of it as if you get an interview then you're in with a shot. I didn't get a place so that's it for me, I can't afford to go on an access course for three days a week but access people usually do really well. All the bestx
Reply 19
Hi I got a flat unsuccessful and have almost finished my access... 20 yrs experience but because of homework commitments I failed to answer questions about recent care failings... kick in the teeth when you think of how a lot got in that have never done any kind of care.... However, I will be there with my ticket again in 2014, and will try again, see you there xx

Quick Reply

Latest