The Student Room Group

What is your dream job?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Childhood Dream Job: Varied depending on my mood, but the main ones were physiotherapist and singer

Realistic Dream Job: Paramedic

Unrealistic Dream Job: Musician. Anything where I get paid for singing and playing a guitar all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 161
Childhood dream job: Doctor/Surgeon

Realistic dream job: Researcher and lecturer in molecular genetics

Unrealistic dream job: Full time aerialist and cirque/circus performer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
Original post by abc:)
This is supposed to be a really unpleasant job for both genders!!! The male actors don't get paid as much, there is pressure to perform, and apparently they end the day in quite a lot of pain down there. No thanks!!

Yeah I heard that, and a lot of the male guys turn to the gay side for more money? Anyway im guessing they're full time! I meant only amateur part time work :tongue: like it would ever happen haha
Reply 163
Original post by abc:)
This is supposed to be a really unpleasant job for both genders!!! The male actors don't get paid as much, there is pressure to perform, and apparently they end the day in quite a lot of pain down there. No thanks!!

"Imagine masturbating for 60 minutes sat on a chair in front of a group of people, then someone shouts 'come' and within 30 seconds you have to come".

I can't remember who said that but it was one of the big names.
Reply 164
Original post by LSD
Childhood dream job: Doctor/Surgeon

Realistic dream job: Researcher and lecturer in molecular genetics

Unrealistic dream job: Full time aerialist and cirque/circus performer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ha, love this one. What a job.
Reply 165
Original post by ibra456
I really to understand the term 'Unrealistic' and why it is so commonly used.

Nothing's 'Unrealistic', if you want it, go for it, work hard. Don't quit. If you quit You'll never know....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've already discussed this with someone else. Many jobs are unrealistic as they require more than just hardwork and time.

Many dream jobs require huge natural talent, luck and financial backing; only a lucky few have this combination.

For instance Lewis Hamilton and F1.

For many of us, now in our late teens/early 20s, this dream job is unrealistic and borders on the impossible.
Reply 166
Childhood dream job: Guitarist

Realistic dream job: Busker

Unrealistic dream job: That job that bloke does who cleans an island one day a year and gets £1m and lives on the Island.
Reply 167
Childhood dream, football player
realistic dream becoming a stock broker
unrealistic dream is becoming CEO of Goldman sacks
Reply 168
Original post by 321zero
Ha, love this one. What a job.

Indeed :wink: it might happen, give me 5 more years!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 169
Childhood dream job: Actress, Writer, Director.

Realistic dream job: Moderately successful actress/ writer / director

Unrealistic dream job: Multi-oscar winning actress, writer and director and pulitzer prize and Nobel Literature prize winning author. Multi-gold winning olympian for fencing. Basically a mixture of Orson Welles, Stephen Fry and Shakespeare with a bit of sport thrown in for good measure.
Childhood dream job: I wanted to be a lawyer, basically Elle Woods in legally blonde and also the wife of Orlando bloom!

Realistic dream job : anaesthetist or some kind of doctor!

Unrealistic dream job: doctor to those on the international space station/astronaut

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 171
Original post by 321zero
Interested to hear what your dream job is/was, especially if it is the same now as it was when you were a child. :redface: This seems a nice way to avoid doing my dissertation on a Tuesday afternoon...

Childhood dream job: Chocolate King

Realistic dream job: Chocolate King

Unrealistic dream job: Chocolate King

Done.
Reply 172
Childhood Dream: Movie Director

Realistic Dream: Corporate Lawyer/ Barrister (or if I'm hopeful and ambassador!)

Unrealistic Dream: Model, Pop Singer, Hollywood Actress :-( :-( :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 173
Childhood dream job: Pokemon Trainer

Realistic dream job: Engineer for Aston Martin

Unrealistic dream job: Author (I have the ideas, I just don't have the ability to express them in an engaging way! :frown: )
Reply 174
Original post by danny111
Done.

You want to be Willie Wonka? Or is this some kind of euphamism?
Childhood dream job: Batman

Realistic dream job: Bruce Wayne's butler, Alfred.

Unrealistic dream job: The Joker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 176
Childhood dream job: Astronaut

Realistic dream job: doctor (hopefully -grade permitting)

Unrealistic dream job: Pilot aha!
Childhood dream job: Train Driver

Realistic dream job: Bin Man

Unrealistic dream job: Surgeon
Reply 178
Childhood dream job: vet

Realistic dream job: vet

Unrealistic dream job: Some sort of cancer curer! :') But I'd have to be a miracle worker for that to happen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 179
Original post by 321zero
You want to be Willie Wonka? Or is this some kind of euphamism?

What? Euphemism for what?

Nah, this thread made me think of Scrubs, the episode where JD dreams of being the Chocolate King when asked this question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending