The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Ashnard
Implicit in that statement is the assumption that Federer will stay on 17.

I would say that it's unlikely but by no means impossible. He is 26 now, and even if he were theoretically healthy for the next four years I would still think that the feat would be improbable. Add in the fact that his career has been punctuated by long absences (which will probably get worse with age) and I think this becomes doubly improbable. But saying that, he has been so dominant at RG over the years that he could probably go on winning that title indefinitely.

Despite having 17 slams a brilliant record federer has still never won 3 different surface slams a year in other words he hasn't won french open,wimbledon and a hard court slam in the same year or consecutively, neither has djokovic wimbledon, us open and australien open are fast courts just 2 surfaces.
Reply 381
Original post by Decerto
If he was to get more, the majority would be at RG.

3-4 RG titles 2 wimbledon titles and if he plays til 30 then from 8 hard slams am sure he can win few of them. But thats my opinion if he just wins RG this year then he really is reducing his chances but if he wins RG and wim Then not a bad year if he goes on to win 3 slams in a row hes definitely going to be in federers head.
Reply 382
Original post by ubi1
3-4 RG titles 2 wimbledon titles and if he plays til 30 then from 8 hard slams am sure he can win few of them. But thats my opinion if he just wins RG this year then he really is reducing his chances but if he wins RG and wim Then not a bad year if he goes on to win 3 slams in a row hes definitely going to be in federers head.

Why do you care about this so much?

This was posted from my phone
Reply 383
Original post by ubi1
Just watched a tennis match of nadal and one of the commentators said if nadal has a huge this year then roger federers record of 17 slams is in jeopardy.:smile: Please no negs just kidding feel free to drop some negs.:wink:

He needs 2 just to keep up this season and 3 to take a lead of 1, this assumes that Nadal even lasts to the same age as Federer.
Reply 384
Original post by ubi1
Despite having 17 slams a brilliant record federer has still never won 3 different surface slams a year in other words he hasn't won french open,wimbledon and a hard court slam in the same year or consecutively, neither has djokovic wimbledon, us open and australien open are fast courts just 2 surfaces.

Maybe so but Nadal has only strung 2 grand slams together in 2 seasons compared to 5 for Federer and also Nadal has never won the year end championships compared to 6 times for Federer.
Reply 385
Original post by Natty.B
Why do you care about this so much?

This was posted from my phone

I think it's his favourite player.
Reply 386
Original post by ubi1

That is true, and that is something that Nadal has achieved that no other player has before. However, Federer has won three slams in three different years (2004, 2006, 2007) and could have matched Nadal's feat if he had beaten Delpo in the USO 2009 final. I don't want to spend all day playing the game of coulda woulda shoulda, though.
Reply 387
Original post by Decerto
I think it's his favourite player.

Nadal is my favourite player too, but i'm not as invested into his records as ubi1.
Reply 388
Original post by Natty.B
Nadal is my favourite player too, but i'm not as invested into his records as ubi1.

Maybe he is a hardcore fan?

I am kind of like that with Serena Williams. I absolutely love her. :tongue:
Reply 389
Original post by Decerto

I too am fully aboard the Serena train. :tongue:
Reply 390
Original post by Decerto
Maybe he is a hardcore fan?

Serena is definitely my favourite Women's player, I love her too!! So glad she was able to pull through her match yesterday, i hope she gets this Miami title!!
Reply 391
Original post by aja89
I too am fully aboard the Serena train. :tongue:

:dancing2:
Reply 392
Original post by Natty.B
Serena is definitely my favourite Women's player, I love her too!! So glad she was able to pull through her match yesterday, i hope she gets this Miami title!!

I think it showed how much of a champion she is and also showed that she is human and she makes mistakes too despite everyone thinking differently. Nevertheless, she is amazing. :biggrin:
Reply 393
She's looking absolutely amazing at the moment too, so trim and tight! Best shape she's been in in years!
Reply 394
Original post by Rakas21
Maybe so but Nadal has only strung 2 grand slams together in 2 seasons compared to 5 for Federer and also Nadal has never won the year end championships compared to 6 times for Federer.

Nadal has never won WTF but federer has never won Olymic gold nadal has the career golden slam fed doesnt, also nadal has couple years to win the WTF am sure he can do it this year.
Reply 395
Iv'e got some terrible news my brand new laptop came in yesterday it was working fine,I was on internet browsing when all of a sudden the screen started flashing in different colours and it seems as if the screen is broken from inside its never gone back to normal.What shall i do?:frown::frown:
Reply 396
Original post by ubi1
Iv'e got some terrible news my brand new laptop came in yesterday it was working fine,I was on internet browsing when all of a sudden the screen started flashing in different colours and it seems as if the screen is broken from inside its never gone back to normal.What shall i do?:frown::frown:

Take it back to the shop, explain the situation and ask them what they can do.

If they can do nothing, take it to a PC repairs shop (it may cost though).
Haas has just taken the first set against Djokovic 6-2......

Flipkens reaction makes it even better.
And Hass wins 6-2 6-4 Djokovic multiple UFEs not sure but think it was 30, won something like 9/19 net points, for a large portion of the match couldn't hit a forehand but credit to Haas for his slices, perfect lobs, ridiculously acute angles and mainly for keeping his nerve in some really tense moments..
Personally I think Haas if he does what he just did for a few more days he can easily get to the final.. As for Djokovic loses a fair amount of points but still No 1 and onwards to the clay season although wearing a very tight black shirt underneath his t shirt rumours of injury but I think he just had a bad day at the office against an inspired opponent

Latest