The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dragonrage973
Oh wow I can't believe I've never searched for a Doctor Who thread on TSR before. I'm sooooo excited about the second half of series 7! I love the new assistant and not just because she's a stunner :colondollar:
What do you guys think of the new TARDIS interior design? I think it's amazing :biggrin:

I don't like the new TARDIS design, too cold and doesn't sum up Matt Smith to me, but I guess we'll see as series goes on.

Love JLC though, she's a babe!
I think the TARDIS suits Smith perfectly when we consider he has just lost the ponds, it's coldness almost signifies the emptiness he feels about the loss.

Clara is an amazing assistant, I really want to know who she is!!! People go on about how doctor who is predictable, id love to know their theories on this one

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love the new TARDIS interior, it was designed by an 11 year old or something which is so appropriate for the Doctor's childish nature, which still comes out now and then even now when he's over a thousand (which is annoying, I wanted to celebrate his 1000th birthday!). Looking forward to the new companion and another episode written by Neil Gaiman because that man is a genius, fact.
Original post by Abbieastoria
I think the TARDIS suits Smith perfectly when we consider he has just lost the ponds, it's coldness almost signifies the emptiness he feels about the loss.

Clara is an amazing assistant, I really want to know who she is!!! People go on about how doctor who is predictable, id love to know their theories on this one

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, but pretty sure Smith won't stay cold and empty, whereas the TARDIS will...

There are some theories on tumblr that she's somehow Jenny (Doctor's daughter) as there's a lot of similarities in their lines
Spoilers! :p:

I heard that one reason for the Tardis re-design was simply that they had to move studio and were going to a smaller set, therefore smaller Tardis. The Tardis is now smaller on the inside... :p:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
True, but pretty sure Smith won't stay cold and empty, whereas the TARDIS will...

There are some theories on tumblr that she's somehow Jenny (Doctor's daughter) as there's a lot of similarities in their lines

I thought that but she's playing it fairly cool pretending to not know him of that's the case. Also in s7e1 they are sort of flirting when she's calling him "the chin" and stuff. Also in the prequel to the next episode you see her with her parents when she's little, so I talked myself out of that option

Would be wicked if she was river song or jack harness daughter or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Feefifofum
Spoilers! :p:

I heard that one reason for the Tardis re-design was simply that they had to move studio and were going to a smaller set, therefore smaller Tardis. The Tardis is now smaller on the inside... :p:

There are no spoilers, only speculation!

I thought that but she's playing it fairly cool pretending to not know him of that's the case. Also in s7e1 they are sort of flirting when she's calling him "the chin" and stuff. Also in the prequel to the next episode you see her with her parents when she's little, so I talked myself out of that option

Would be wicked if she was river song or jack harness daughter or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I don't buy into it at all. Tbh I don't think she's gonna be related to any other characters.
It's so close now I just can't wait!!!

I really hope the 50th lives up to the hype, maybe we can expect the fields of trensilore, the fall of the eleventh and the question... DOCTOR WHOOOOO!!!!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else read 'Spoilers' in a certain characters voice and just shudder?

Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I love the new TARDIS interior, it was designed by an 11 year old or something which is so appropriate for the Doctor's childish nature, which still comes out now and then even now when he's over a thousand (which is annoying, I wanted to celebrate his 1000th birthday!). Looking forward to the new companion and another episode written by Neil Gaiman because that man is a genius, fact.

Actually that was the mini-Tardis in 'The Doctor's Wife' that was designed by an 11 year old using household objects.

Original post by greeneyedgirl
I don't like the new TARDIS design, too cold and doesn't sum up Matt Smith to me, but I guess we'll see as series goes on.

Love JLC though, she's a babe!

JLC....:dice:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most important woman in the universe...
Rory was a timelord and has now regenerated but has kept his old trick of just not staying dead.

----
I'm out Saturday night. This could be interesting trying to watch it with no access to iPlayer. :ninja:
Reply 9269
OMG this is so close! I've been waiting for so long! Still love David Tennant better though😝

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SirMasterKey
Anyone else read 'Spoilers' in a certain characters voice and just shudder?

Actually that was the mini-Tardis in 'The Doctor's Wife' that was designed by an 11 year old using household objects.

JLC....:dice:

Most important woman in the universe...
Rory was a timelord and has now regenerated but has kept his old trick of just not staying dead.

----
I'm out Saturday night. This could be interesting trying to watch it with no access to iPlayer. :ninja:

I always read "Spoilers" in Rivers voice. I love her so much :love:

Oh, my bad. It just looked similar to the interior I'd seen for that I suppose, I assumed it was the same.
My mum just facebooked me to say she's bought me the Doctor Who stamps they've just released :ahee:
1eabde62124dbcd7fea214d16ec4a22e.jpg
Right in the feels!
Really looking forward to the new episode.
2 days!!! Loving Clara can't wait to see her storyline played out, i don't care what the critics say, Moffat is a genius

Posted from TSR Mobile
Resisting the temptation to find out what the new Tardis looks like having managed to avoid up to now is pretty hard.
Original post by The Mad Dog
Resisting the temptation to find out what the new Tardis looks like having managed to avoid up to now is pretty hard.

It was in the Christmas episode...
Original post by Feefifofum
It was in the Christmas episode...

Yeah, but I've forgotten it so it'll be a nice surprise.
Reply 9278
Ah... the wait! I was quite sad of Amy and Rory leaving but Clara's appearance is yet another interesting adventure... *thrills*
Original post by The Mad Dog
Yeah, but I've forgotten it so it'll be a nice surprise.

it seems quite ..cold, the previous version felt warm/welcoming.

New episodes:jive:

Latest