The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mild bad language is to be expected sometimes but if they use really bad words then it is kinda off putting.
Reply 2
I tend to swear, not excessively mind you, and would definitely feel more comfortable with a lass who did so likewise. I know that I won't offend her or come across as vulgar if that was the case.
Reply 3
Not the end of the world but very unladylike
Not a fan. I don't mind a little but when a girls swears often it usually comes across as quite aggressive, which isn't attractive. There are exceptions to the rule but in general it's a turn-off for me.
Reply 5
I find it incredibly infemminate.
Original post by Rock Fan
Mild bad language is to be expected sometimes but if they use really bad words then it is kinda off putting.

What would you consider as really bad?
Reply 7
Not a big fan of swearing fullstop, actually a huge turn off, can make a girl come across as aggressive and defensive. :frown:

If she's angry over something with a legitmate reason then fair enough but just to swear over trivial issues, then yeah I don't like it so much.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Melthusa

Fair enough, although from the looks of it you're not a guy. :lol: My friend hates it.
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
What would you consider as really bad?

The really vulgar swear words
Reply 10
Fair enough, although from the looks of it you're not a guy. :lol: My friend hates it.

I am a guy.
I like posh girls that swear, kind of puts me at ease with them, given I'm the polar opposite of posh.
The really vulgar swear words

That's subjective. I know someone who considers "damn" to be very offensive, some people think the f word is unspeakably rude and others will only really stop short of saying the c word, so it depends on the person.
That's subjective. I know someone who considers "damn" to be very offensive, some people think the f word is unspeakably rude and others will only really stop short of saying the c word, so it depends on the person.

I tend to think the last one you mention being the one that's really off putting
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
I like posh girls that swear, kind of puts me at ease with them, given I'm the polar opposite of posh.

I got into the habit to try and balance out my posh accent, used to get teased rotten for it at school so I figured if people heard me swear they wouldn't think I as like Veruca Salt or something. :lol:
I tend to think the last one you mention being the one that's really off putting

Yeah. I think that's crossing a line. And anything racist is a definite no. I get really put off by guys at school who used to used to call people "Jews" as though it was an insult. It wasn't funny.
Reply 16
Not especially keep, especially when they repeatedly use the f word or the c word (stupid swear filter makes them look the same if I spell them:colonhash:) no idea why though just doesn't seem right...
Yeah. I think that's crossing a line. And anything racist is a definite no. I get really put off by guys at school who used to used to call people "Jews" as though it was an insult. It wasn't funny.

To be honest anyone using that word it's just horrible whether is it a male or female using it and yeah I agree racism is just awful.
Girls who swear don't seem very feminine.
Original post by Fusion
Not the end of the world but very unladylike

Original post by Melthusa

Original post by QuentinMids
Girls who swear don't seem very feminine.

Out of curiosity, do any of you guys who think swearing is unfeminine swear yourselves? Not getting critical, just wondering.

Latest