The Student Room Group

Who else is still waiting for offers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by myusername.
Oh wow, congrats! That's a great uni as well :biggrin:

Thanks!! That's why I'm so delighted! It's a world renowned university especially in the field of clinical sciences so never been so grateful and happy!
Reply 101
I'm still waiting for a reply from Glasgow Caledonian. It would never be my firm choice but it's really frustrating because I got replies from my other choices in December and January (Goldsmiths, Leeds, Bournemouth & Sunderland). I really hope they get back to me this week, otherwise I'll be tempted to just withdraw my application and pick somewhere else as my insurance instead. I need to hold a firm offer so I can apply for accommodation etc. Anyone else waiting on an offer from this Uni? It's for media and comms

Posted from TSR Mobile
if you are still waiting for an offer ring up the uni, i just rang up and the lady gave me an offer while on the phone to her so i now have all 5 offers! :biggrin:
Reply 103
Original post by jayeashleighxo
if you are still waiting for an offer ring up the uni, i just rang up and the lady gave me an offer while on the phone to her so i now have all 5 offers! :biggrin:

That was lucky! Why is it when I try and call them they only say they are processing applications and can't tell me anything more accurate! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
I'm still waiting for lincoln. I rang them today but she wasn't able to tell me much over the phone.
I must of been lucky! she did it while on the phone and gave me lower conditions than expected! im so happy as the offer i was waiting for is my first choice :smile: you will receive your offers very soon im sure! good luck :smile:!
I was given an offer from Swansea via email a couple of days ago, however I am still waiting for it to show up on UCAS. Is it normal for ucas to take this long, or should I phone the university up tomorrow and ask to see why it hasn't updated? Or am I being a little impatient...which I probably am!! Thanks, Alex :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm still waiting for Westminster for Film & TV Production
My stress levels are now through the roof. I applied to three universities in early November and have heard nothing from them apart from acknowledgement emails and in the case of Aberdeen University, a letter asking about disability services and requesting information relating to that. I'm now convincing myself across the board rejection is imminent. :frown:
Reply 109
Original post by OddThings
My stress levels are now through the roof. I applied to three universities in early November and have heard nothing from them apart from acknowledgement emails and in the case of Aberdeen University, a letter asking about disability services and requesting information relating to that. I'm now convincing myself across the board rejection is imminent. :frown:

Seriously, don't worry about Aberdeen!! Honestly you're one of soo many that haven't heard back from them - I got lucky I guess! Is that your first choice? Where else have you applied and what for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Panda124
Seriously, don't worry about Aberdeen!! Honestly you're one of soo many that haven't heard back from them - I got lucky I guess! Is that your first choice? Where else have you applied and what for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess so..but everytime I hear of a rejection/acceptance from there it heightens the stress for me...yeah I love the look of Aberdeen(although I haven't been to an open day or visited..I'll do that if I'm accepted dont want to get my hopes up haha)

I also applied to Heriot Watt and Napier for modern languages.

Just got to sit tight I guess.
Reply 111
I guess so..but everytime I hear of a rejection/acceptance from there it heightens the stress for me...yeah I love the look of Aberdeen(although I haven't been to an open day or visited..I'll do that if I'm accepted dont want to get my hopes up haha)

I also applied to Heriot Watt and Napier for modern languages.

Just got to sit tight I guess.

Yeah I know what you mean, but you'll hear by mid-May anyway, so like 6 or 7 weeks. It's really lovely, I have friends studying there and I love visiting them.

Nice one, I'm doing English and Scottish Literature so if you get accepted to Aberdeen and do something like linguistics as a module then there's a chance we'll end up doing some of the same stuff haha.

Exactly, you'll hear soon and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
Warwick for Economics L100. Although a few people I know were rejected last week on Thursday and last night
Yeah I know what you mean, but you'll hear by mid-May anyway, so like 6 or 7 weeks. It's really lovely, I have friends studying there and I love visiting them.

Nice one, I'm doing English and Scottish Literature so if you get accepted to Aberdeen and do something like linguistics as a module then there's a chance we'll end up doing some of the same stuff haha.

Exactly, you'll hear soon and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Napier and HW look pretty good too,especially HW,I like the green wooded campus,has a really friendly feel about it. Yes,I've told myself that,it's only 6/7 weeks until I know all for sure...when people I know were applying last year I didn't fully realise how stressful it was for them..but now I am I can really appreciate that feeling they must have been going through. I think what irritates me most is when people I know are seemingly always asking me if I have got accepted anywhere/what my plans are...and my answer thus far has been no..not been accepted anywhere yet I'm afraid..I know that doesnt bode well..yes..' Every.Time.

:smile: Thank you!
Reply 114
Waiting for my last one :frown: taking forever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Luckily I've had all my offers, just waiting for them to sort it out through ucas so I can make my choices! The longer the take the more I keep changing my mind about my insurance :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Yeah Napier and HW look pretty good too,especially HW,I like the green wooded campus,has a really friendly feel about it. Yes,I've told myself that,it's only 6/7 weeks until I know all for sure...when people I know were applying last year I didn't fully realise how stressful it was for them..but now I am I can really appreciate that feeling they must have been going through. I think what irritates me most is when people I know are seemingly always asking me if I have got accepted anywhere/what my plans are...and my answer thus far has been no..not been accepted anywhere yet I'm afraid..I know that doesnt bode well..yes..' Every.Time.

:smile: Thank you!

Is it Edinburgh or Galashiels campus for HW? Both campuses are pretty, only downside is that with Edinburgh campus the travel can be costly and can be difficult if you want to go out with friends if you need to get your train home. I have a friend that spends £30/week on travel! Another friend of mine is going to Galashiels and halls are stunning, only thing is that the nightlife is dire as it's in the middle of nowhere, if thats your sort of thing! I know, I was UCAS'd out my head till last month haha! That is annoying! :/ I kinda got similar things when I told people I was moving to Aberdeen. I had a Glasgow offer and I'm from Glasgow, so everyone was like "omg no you can't move!" Which I thought was a bit weird. So naturally I'm accepting Aberdeen :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it Edinburgh or Galashiels campus for HW? Both campuses are pretty, only downside is that with Edinburgh campus the travel can be costly and can be difficult if you want to go out with friends if you need to get your train home. I have a friend that spends £30/week on travel! Another friend of mine is going to Galashiels and halls are stunning, only thing is that the nightlife is dire as it's in the middle of nowhere, if thats your sort of thing! I know, I was UCAS'd out my head till last month haha! That is annoying! :/ I kinda got similar things when I told people I was moving to Aberdeen. I had a Glasgow offer and I'm from Glasgow, so everyone was like "omg no you can't move!" Which I thought was a bit weird. So naturally I'm accepting Aberdeen :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edinburgh campus for HW. I know,I have considered that..but since I haven't heard a reply I won't give that anymore serious thought.. haha lots of people I know said that to me when I just mentioned I'd applied to Aberdeen! God knows what they will say if I am actually accepted. Iit is a little daunting to consider moving so far away(I'm from Edinburgh) but on the flipside,it could be a real chance to become more independent and see more of the country. Hopefully. :colondollar:
Reply 118
Have all of you guys heard from HW? I'm still waiting for an offer for Chemistry... frustrating.
Reply 119
Edinburgh campus for HW. I know,I have considered that..but since I haven't heard a reply I won't give that anymore serious thought.. haha lots of people I know said that to me when I just mentioned I'd applied to Aberdeen! God knows what they will say if I am actually accepted. Iit is a little daunting to consider moving so far away(I'm from Edinburgh) but on the flipside,it could be a real chance to become more independent and see more of the country. Hopefully. :colondollar:

Yeah, haha and it's so weird, I see it as a good thing to move away! Well I'm planning on firming my offer tonight so this'll be a laugh to see people's reactions! That's kinda how I feel, like I will miss people and I stay in a village so I'll miss the kinda closeness there, but I think it's a good learning curve which is why I'm keen to move away :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending