The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bounemouth Adult Nursing Interview

Hey, I had a interview for adult nursing on the 25th feb and was told they were going to start making decisions the following week and to check ucas and I still havn't heard anything back. Has anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by BlackbirdMay
Hey, I had a interview for adult nursing on the 25th feb and was told they were going to start making decisions the following week and to check ucas and I still havn't heard anything back. Has anyone else?

I had mine that day also, were you in the PM group?
I heard back the following friday, i got an email from ucas to say my status had changed, so i checked and it was conditional!
Then i received a letter from them the week after.
They say no news is good news so fingers crossed for you!
I remember them saying to me if i hadn't heard 3 weeks later to contact them
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Congrats!, if by PM you mean afternoon? then yes i was in that group. I called them yesterday and they said that they are more busy than they expected to be so hopefully will get a reply by the end of the month just nervous because I dont think it went too well and hate waiting x
i had my interview today, and the group session went awfullllllll!!! i didn't know we were going to discuss the video we watched so i went completely blank at first then when thoughts were coming to my head someone quickly said them, i said about 2 things but that was it, and there was 6 of us. I concentrated on what they were saying though, so hopefully they noticed that. The interview went pretty well apart from i didn't know what the difference between a health practitioner and qualified nurse was. At the beginning of the interview they asked me how i thought the group session went and i said awful, and explained my reasons why and they said ok fair enough and smiled. Do you think there's a high chance ill be rejected because of how bad the group session went??
Hi everyone,

I have an interview for Monday 25th March, 2 days time!! arghh! Any tips for what I should expect in both the group and individual interviews? Good luck to everyone xx
Original post by Sophilicious
i had my interview today, and the group session went awfullllllll!!! i didn't know we were going to discuss the video we watched so i went completely blank at first then when thoughts were coming to my head someone quickly said them, i said about 2 things but that was it, and there was 6 of us. I concentrated on what they were saying though, so hopefully they noticed that. The interview went pretty well apart from i didn't know what the difference between a health practitioner and qualified nurse was. At the beginning of the interview they asked me how i thought the group session went and i said awful, and explained my reasons why and they said ok fair enough and smiled. Do you think there's a high chance ill be rejected because of how bad the group session went??

They will take into account your individual interview, how did that go? If that went well, then maybe it will outweigh the badness of the group discussion? Good luck xxx

hiya what other questions did they ask you in the individual interview?x
They asked me about stuff in the news regarding the nhs etc, how would I cope with the course, they asked me how I felt the group session went, what's the longest essay I've written, asked what I do on my volunteering and wrk exp, and the rest I can't really remember but it wasn't that long

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankssss
They asked me about stuff in the news regarding the nhs etc, how would I cope with the course, they asked me how I felt the group session went, what's the longest essay I've written, asked what I do on my volunteering and wrk exp, and the rest I can't really remember but it wasn't that long

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have u heard from them? X
Original post by ashleighrenae
Thankssss

Ashleigh how did it go for you?xx
No I still haven't heard back yet, should so this week tho, it's scaryyyy!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Libertyrose95
Ashleigh how did it go for you?xx

Heeyy! i think it went really well! he did ask why i changed from midwifery to adult nursing and i was like omg omg the dreaded question but apart from that it went well! how did you find yours? xx
No I still haven't heard back yet, should so this week tho, it's scaryyyy!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you think we will all find out this week as its Easter next week? good luck! x
Original post by ashleighrenae
do you think we will all find out this week as its Easter next week? good luck! x

I've got a feeling we will hear back before the 2 weeks deadline is up. I don't know why, I just think that as we were the last group to be interviewed I think we will hear soon! x
Just got a conditional offer from Bournemouth for adult nursing 2013!!!!!! Couldn't be happier, I genuinely did not expect to get a place after my individual interview.
Reply 16
Yey Liberty! i got a place too! Amy Clark from Monday's interview :smile:
Original post by Aclark93
Yey Liberty! i got a place too! Amy Clark from Monday's interview :smile:

Well done!! Congratulations! So happy!!!! AHHH11
Reply 18
Have you heard fromany of the others if they got in? I am soo happy that we both got in and i know someone next year!! haha :P
Reply 19
Hi it's Denise J. From Monday I got offer too. What Amy is it. Gail's or Matt group? My offer is conditional and says following This offer is subject to you obtaining

Completion and submission of a Supplementary Information Form

Provision of your full personal/educational/employment history

Provision of a minimum of 2 suitable supporting references in line with compulsory professional
body requirements

Certificate of non-infectivity of Hepatitis B required

Subject to availability of Department of Health bursary

Satisfactory health check will be required

Receipt of enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure

See also a letter sent by the institution
Have you guys got same stuff? What do Indo now apart from break open the champagne xxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending