The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Real turn off.
Reply 21
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Out of curiosity, do any of you guys who think swearing is unfeminine swear yourselves? Not getting critical, just wondering.

I try to reduce it, but now and again it happens. Its mainly out of stuff like pain. I'm ok if a female swears from pain, but not repeatedly as if it was every time I met her.
Reply 22
My girlfriend is the most offensive person I know!

English is her second language though, so she has a habit of translating Portuguese swearing directly into English, which kind of makes the insults sound even worse than normal!

They say it's a bad/wrong stereotype that Latinas have quite firey personalities. But to be honest I can see first hand why the stereotype exists!

I mean, she isn't racist, homophobic, anything like this. She just comes up with creative ways in which to insult people that piss her off. Not the generic f***, s***, etc. It's quite funny hearing the wide range of insults she has built up in her repertoire :lol:
Reply 23
I doubt I'd even take any notice of it, unless it stood out in her friendship group.

If your friends are posh little ***** and you've got a rude mouth on you then that's kind of humorous.
Ok, if I switched it to good old Shakespearean insults, what about that? Because they are truly stunning, they really are. :lol:
I don't swear myself and wouldn't want to be with a girl who freely did.
Reply 26
Don't care. What is so wrong with swearing, if you're not doing it in an inappropriate place there's no problem.
There's different types of women. There's ones that swear when drunk, that swear when laughing. My ex refused to swear at all. It might've had an influence on me, she was always such a sweet girl. I think she swore online through text but not by voice ever.
Reply 28
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Never actually had a guys perspective on what they think of girls who swear, it's a bad habit of mine admittedly, my friend and I were going to give it up for Lent, it didn't last. So I thought I'd ask you men of TSR, what are your views on girls who swear?

Mm, to be honest, I'm not a fan.
I mean, the odd expletive can be adorable, but, ah, well.
(edited 11 years ago)
as long as its not a constant tirade and ever other word (which i dont like in either sex) i frankly dont really care
Reply 30
Hate it
Reply 31
It's not a problem as long as it's not excessive, but that goes for everyone, not just girls. Can't stand girls that call people "mate" though ugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting one. I don't swear very often. However, if I do, its usually when I'm really angry/upset over something major that's happened. Ideally, its best to do it when you're with people who won't judge you for that. With a girl, I would sort of expect the same - if she swore when something happened to really upset her or tick her off, then that's fine with me. However, if its numerous expletives every day for no apparent reason, then that's a definite turn off.

Also, it depends on the swear words she uses; for me, the "c" word is a definite no go zone and that goes for everyone. I think the "f" word is pretty common amongst most people, and when used in the right context, it can actually come across sort of funny! Actually, come to think of it, swear words used in comical situations actually lighten the mood a bit, again it has to be occasional, not a routine thing.
Original post by domg1994
It's not a problem as long as it's not excessive, but that goes for everyone, not just girls. Can't stand girls that call people "mate" though ugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about guys calling girls "mate" because I do that a lot!
Reply 34
Original post by superduper9
What about guys calling girls "mate" because I do that a lot!

Aha, I think it's just the word "mate" in all honesty; probably nothing to do with girls at all :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really dislike it when a girl swears... Even guys constantly swearing, but with girls I find it quite off putting, almost unnatural.

Spitting though :colonhash:
Reply 36
If something bad has just happened to them (i.e burnt fingers on the saucepan :awesome:) its fine and understandable. But when it's swearing in every sentence for no good reason, then they just sound dense and very unlikeable.
Original post by domg1994
Aha, I think it's just the word "mate" in all honesty; probably nothing to do with girls at all :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate, I totally get what you're saying :tongue:
I dont know why girls can swear..

what are we supposed to say instead when we are in a crappy situation?
How does "bloody hell" sit with you all? I am guilty of a lot of verbal diarrhoea when it comes to that phrase.

Latest

Trending

Trending