The Student Room Group

Conditional Offer for a Gap Year Student?

I'm on a gap year and I've just received all my offers: 2 conditionals and 3 unconditionals! I've been set on Trent for ages but they've offered me a conditional of 300 UCAS points when I only have 260 points. I've already received unconditionals from Unis that ask for 280 points so I'm well confused!

I'm on a gap year and I didn't improve my grades in the Christmas retakes, but Trent should know that shouldn't they? Am I just a reserve in case the current y13s don't make the grade?

Thanks! So confused!
Reply 1
Original post by AliW23
I'm on a gap year and I've just received all my offers: 2 conditionals and 3 unconditionals! I've been set on Trent for ages but they've offered me a conditional of 300 UCAS points when I only have 260 points. I've already received unconditionals from Unis that ask for 280 points so I'm well confused!

I'm on a gap year and I didn't improve my grades in the Christmas retakes, but Trent should know that shouldn't they? Am I just a reserve in case the current y13s don't make the grade?

Thanks! So confused!

Maybe they expect you to do retakes in june
Original post by AliW23

Thanks! So confused!

Call the universities that gave you the conditional offers and get it sorted asap. Sometimes there give conditional offers until you send your certificates to them which happen to me. Are you doing retakes, if you are than that is the reason why there did this.
Reply 3
Okay yeah I'll call the admissions lines soon as! I haven't got any plans to retake my exams because I thought the offers would either be unconditionals or rejections because I've already got my results.

Shall I put Trent as my firm choice and an unconditional as my insurance? I'm worried that I'll end up trying to switch during clearing and having an insurance just makes that harder apparently. Thanks again
Reply 4
Original post by AliW23
Okay yeah I'll call the admissions lines soon as! I haven't got any plans to retake my exams because I thought the offers would either be unconditionals or rejections because I've already got my results.

Shall I put Trent as my firm choice and an unconditional as my insurance? I'm worried that I'll end up trying to switch during clearing and having an insurance just makes that harder apparently. Thanks again

That's probably a good idea, but if you really have your heart set on Trent you should seriously think about retaking in June

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending