The Student Room Group

[F661] Poetry & Prose: May 17th 2013

Discussion for anyone doing the [F661] Poetry & Prose: May 17th 2013

What is everyone studying?

I am doing Frankenstein & Yeats
Reply 1
Emily Dickinson's poems and "The Picture of Dorian Gray" (Oscar Wilde, 1891).

How are you revising?
I am typing out notes for the novel at the moment and hoping to have everything revised for the novel within two weeks then, in a similar manner, I hope to get the poetry completed in two weeks.

Then I will just be constantly going over everything and doing essays; the problem is the exam is so early so I really want to get everything finished soon to focus on exam technique and perfecting the timing of the exam.

How about you?
Reply 3
Original post by ConorF
I am typing out notes for the novel at the moment and hoping to have everything revised for the novel within two weeks then, in a similar manner, I hope to get the poetry completed in two weeks.

Then I will just be constantly going over everything and doing essays; the problem is the exam is so early so I really want to get everything finished soon to focus on exam technique and perfecting the timing of the exam.

How about you?

I hadn't really thought about it until now!

What sort of notes are you making? I have plenty for my poems but none for the novel :tongue: Are you going chapter-by-chapter? Considering that it's an essay-based question, not an extract-based one, for the novel, I'm not entirely sure what kind of notes to do ...
Original post by Big-Daddy
I hadn't really thought about it until now!

What sort of notes are you making? I have plenty for my poems but none for the novel :tongue: Are you going chapter-by-chapter? Considering that it's an essay-based question, not an extract-based one, for the novel, I'm not entirely sure what kind of notes to do ...

No, I am doing theme based notes and some other info. For example, I done notes on contextual info AO4 and on allusions to other texts. Also done notes on narrative structure.

The rest of my notes are built around essay titles. Our teacher gave us around 30 essay titles of everything which she thinks is a possibility, so I am going through each question extracting the theme and making notes on it.

I also have separate notes for AO3 critics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by ConorF
No, I am doing theme based notes and some other info. For example, I done notes on contextual info AO4 and on allusions to other texts. Also done notes on narrative structure.

The rest of my notes are built around essay titles. Our teacher gave us around 30 essay titles of everything which she thinks is a possibility, so I am going through each question extracting the theme and making notes on it.

I also have separate notes for AO3 critics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, 30 titles, all given to you! That's so lucky :tongue: You don't happen to have similar titles for Dorian Gray, do you?
Original post by Big-Daddy
Wow, 30 titles, all given to you! That's so lucky :tongue: You don't happen to have similar titles for Dorian Gray, do you?

Yeah, and five essays for over the Easter Break! How fun!

No, our school has only ever done Frankenstein and Yeats. Just look at sparknotes etc for themes and build notes around the themes they list :smile:
I'm doing the Yeats poetry and Jane Eyre. Dreading the exam. Not a huge fan of the novel but it is quite easy to understand. As for the poetry, it's quite difficult to understand what Years is trying to say sometimes. He really was a character!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hi guys

Can anyone offer a convincing explanation for the final two questions at the end of Pictor Ignotus?

So scared for this exam! Any predictions as to which poems may come up?? :confused:

Thanks
oh dear
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending