The Student Room Group

Do the tables turn for men their 30s?

I know a lot of men in their 30s and in their very late 20s and there's a common theme of them being happier than they ever were in the 20s (and early 20s). They state that they have a better sex life and are more successful in gaining dates. These are men though who have decent careers, have graduated from university, have a car, etc. desirable because the guy has higher status in the careers market, has more money... Or just that guys age like wine?

There's a argument I hear all the time about the tables turning for the average man in his 30s as women get more desperate as they realise that getting a committed man isn't as easy as stepping into a club or going online and showing cleavage. The argument that most women are in their peak earlier and guys are in their peak later. Peak meaning that they're at their most desirable. I can see that when a woman turns 18 for example the world is her oyster, guys will be slobbering over her even if she's only been 18 for a few months. Being a guy aged 18-25 the competition is fierce. Is this true?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
As an over 30 male I think we just pretend it's better to counter the knowledge that we are that much closer to death.
Women like older men, men like younger women. Makes sense.
For me personally, I'm better now than when I was younger, for a number of reasons:

-I don't worry about the future and career prospects as much as I used to. There is a lot I can do that I didn't think I could.

-I don't care about women. I'll take sex if the opportunity arises, but I am not actively looking for it. The cycle of trying and failing, which is quite demoralising for an average looking bloke like me, no longer exists.

-More confident, don't give a **** about other people.

-Own my house, car, have some cash, can make money at a higher rate if I choose to.

My advice to you young lads: Don't worry about being a pathetic little **** and failing at life and women. Just work hard, establish your career, work out....it's a marathon, not a sprint. If you persevere, in the long run things will work out for you. You won't be banging models every night or anything absurd like that, but the playing field with women starts to even out....or you just won't care.

Over all: have goals, and work hard at them. Don't worry about other stuff, especially those people who strut around like princesses just because they have vaginas and decide who gets to **** them.

/old bloke.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by datpiff
...They state that they have a better sex life and are more successful in gaining dates. These are men though who have decent careers, have graduated from university, have a car, etc.... Posted from TSR Mobile

I've graduated from uni, have a car and, in my mind, a decent career ..... but where are the girls in my life? :tongue: Maybe, its because I'm still 24 lol

I demand a refund.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by superduper9
I've graduated from uni, have a car and, in my mind, a decent career ..... but where are the girls in my life? :tongue: Maybe, its because I'm still 24 lol

I demand a refund.

24 is still young. Nowhere near the 30s

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am 31 and I would definitely say I am happier with life now than say when I was in my early 20s and even teens, I think maybe I realised the fact life is too short and you gotta live it to the full.
Reply 7
To some extent it's true. Women had way more options of age ranges younger, and weren't looking to settle. Now they are in arush kids etc, don;t want a guy who's too old, who tend to have kids or an older partner. Don't want a younger guy either. So since you as aguy in your thirties are pretty jaded and not into kids etc, that indifference gives you a few more chances. But it's *******s anyway because young love has gone.
Then there's the women who've put men off with their female bonding and careerism that makes them like guys. It's all a bit sad and I'm apathetic.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending