The Student Room Group

Do people actually fall in love in 3 days?

Scroll to see replies

The question is do you feel you love or him or could love him?
Original post by blueberryyums
I met this guy on Saturday evening and Tuesday night, he decides to profess his LOVE to me and asks me if I love him too? NO DUDE! WTF. Saturday was my first time meeting him during my walk and he seemed decent, well dressed, nice perfume, good looking and then we met again for a minute on Sunday when he came by my place to say hi and it was actually just a minute cause I had to go make dinner, met on monday for 10 minutes and on Tuesday, when he asked me if I loved him too, we chilled for 15 minutes. I am 18 and he is 20.

I don't even know this guys last name and he is asking me to be in a long distance relationship with him. I told him no because he was leaving off to uni this week, I don't know him well enough to trust him and no because I didn't feel the same way about him yet. I even said YET. He tried to pressure me into loving him last night? How does that work? Anyways, he got really irritating cause he was making me feel bad by saying, if I didn't LOVE him, why did I meet up with him or even, hug him, is that all he is good for? All those times we met up was because he begged me to at 8.30pm after promising to come at 5.

Yes, I might have been interested but come on! He was too clingy and I deleted his number last night cause he was already causing annoyance. The annoyance came when I told him I wanted to get to know him before being in a relationship and he kept saying "why do you have to get to know me?" I certainly know all guys are NOT like this but the majority of guys on this side of the wall are. As much as I hate to believe it, I just can't picture giving my number out anymore because this is not the first time a guy in this country as told me he is in love with me within a week or 2. Yes, my countries economy is as bad as the majority of men in it. Really why I can't wait to get out and go to the UK and be a free woman!! Don't they like the chase? I certainly do when I want to get a chick. Yes, I am a free woman who likes women and men.

Don't get me wrong, I was nice to this guy. I wasn't a snobby bitch nor was I being a desperate one.

Anyways, It got me thinking, what is love? Am I being too harsh? Do people actually fall in love in 3 days? The biggest audience I could think of was here on TSR

I think he's misinterpreted love with infatuation. However I don't think you should avoid him, he obviously likes you, so give him a chance, but tell him to take it at your own pace.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is also limerence/infatuation, which is the same as lust but with romantic instead of sexual urges.

Personally, I have never associated the feeling I get when I want to have sex with someone with the feeling I get when I feel like I love them. So it always bemuses me when people say "his dick loves you".

What's this country you live in? I assure you there are idiot guys here with no social skills as well.
I met this guy on Saturday evening and Tuesday night, he decides to profess his LOVE to me and asks me if I love him too? NO DUDE! WTF. Saturday was my first time meeting him during my walk and he seemed decent, well dressed, nice perfume, good looking and then we met again for a minute on Sunday when he came by my place to say hi and it was actually just a minute cause I had to go make dinner, met on monday for 10 minutes and on Tuesday, when he asked me if I loved him too, we chilled for 15 minutes. I am 18 and he is 20.

I don't even know this guys last name and he is asking me to be in a long distance relationship with him. I told him no because he was leaving off to uni this week, I don't know him well enough to trust him and no because I didn't feel the same way about him yet. I even said YET. He tried to pressure me into loving him last night? How does that work? Anyways, he got really irritating cause he was making me feel bad by saying, if I didn't LOVE him, why did I meet up with him or even, hug him, is that all he is good for? All those times we met up was because he begged me to at 8.30pm after promising to come at 5.

Yes, I might have been interested but come on! He was too clingy and I deleted his number last night cause he was already causing annoyance. The annoyance came when I told him I wanted to get to know him before being in a relationship and he kept saying "why do you have to get to know me?" I certainly know all guys are NOT like this but the majority of guys on this side of the wall are. As much as I hate to believe it, I just can't picture giving my number out anymore because this is not the first time a guy in this country as told me he is in love with me within a week or 2. Yes, my countries economy is as bad as the majority of men in it. Really why I can't wait to get out and go to the UK and be a free woman!! Don't they like the chase? I certainly do when I want to get a chick. Yes, I am a free woman who likes women and men.

Don't get me wrong, I was nice to this guy. I wasn't a snobby bitch nor was I being a desperate one.

Anyways, It got me thinking, what is love? Am I being too harsh? Do people actually fall in love in 3 days? The biggest audience I could think of was here on TSR

He's a creep, probably no experience of stable (if any) relationships, don't let him rape you :smile:
Some people do yes, but I think in general, no.
Reply 25
Original post by TaylorGang_4
I think he's misinterpreted love with infatuation. However I don't think you should avoid him, he obviously likes you, so give him a chance, but tell him to take it at your own pace.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably. The same exact thing I was thinking. I do want to give him a chance and I also said that to him but yesterday, he didn't want to listen to that. About an hour ago, he saw how far he pushed me and apologized and said to take things at my pace. I just didn't like that he tried to force me to feel the way he felt for me towards him.

Original post by scrotgrot
There is also limerence/infatuation, which is the same as lust but with romantic instead of sexual urges.

Personally, I have never associated the feeling I get when I want to have sex with someone with the feeling I get when I feel like I love them. So it always bemuses me when people say "his dick loves you".

What's this country you live in? I assure you there are idiot guys here with no social skills as well.

I live in Nigeria. Been away all my teenage life and came back for a year before uni. It got me thinking if this is what its actually like here. Do they pull the same moves on chicks here and succeed? Maybe thats why he was expecting me to jump at him?
Reply 26
Original post by The Mad Dog
The question is do you feel you love or him or could love him?

I don't feel like I love him.

I COULD love him if I know how compatible we are but the thing is I dont know.
I don't feel like I love him.

I COULD love him if I know how compatible we are but the thing is I dont know.

Then just try and build a friendship between you two, if he truly loves you he'll wait until you're ready.
you can lust for somebody after 3 days you cant love them or atleast in my case there is no way in hell i could love somebody after 3 days
Reply 29
I've become infatuated with someone after 3 days, which eventually after a month turned into love. I think people confuse love at first sight with like lust/infatuation.
Well, if you're in Leap Year, then yes. Outside of films? No. And let's be fair, if I met an Irishman who looked like Matthew Goode, I'd fall in love in a few days as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending