The Student Room Group

International travel :- turn on or turn off??

I was debating this with a few friends last night. Would you find the fact that someone frequently travels to foreign countries on business for a few days at a time an attractive characteristic?

On one hand you have plenty of good stories/experiences from your travels but you could seem a bit of a liability if someone is looking for something more serious in a relationship.

Sometimes I feel I have the same conversations with girls talking about where I'm going next or where I have just visited. I just wonder if I'm sending out the wrong message to girls I date!

any thoughts?
Reply 1
Provided I still got to see them often, I'd find it interesting. And anything interesting is a turn on for me.
It wouldn't bother me. I like to have time to myself so it would probably work out quite well.
Original post by Rascacielos
It wouldn't bother me. I like to have time to myself so it would probably work out quite well.

This. Guaranteed me time is always a good thing.
Reply 4
I'd love to be able to travel. There's something very attractive about people who like to go see things.

The type of people that I despise who 'like to travel' are the ones who grow up with no sense of responsibility and constantly say they 'just want to get away from everything.'

Its impossible to form relationships with these types of people, because they are too self-centred to realise that you are hurt every single time they say they want to 'get away'. My girlfriend was like this for the first year of our relationship, and it really annoyed me. It was kind of like 'am I not good enough to make you want to stay and build a relationship?'. This annoys me, where people treat travelling as a way of life, especially as they have no concept of money or responsibility. They just think they'll graduate and immediately get a job which puts you in a different country every week.

For me, travelling is a very enjoyable pastime/hobby. But not something you build a life round
I've always thought a girlfriend who works as an air-hostess would be great. If she happens to be travelling to an exotic location (on work), we could turn that into a holiday! We get to see new places, have new adventures and spend time together!

To those who will immediately say this is a ridiculous suggestion, a good friend of mine is married to an air-hostess who works for Virgin; he only has to pay for his travel and accommodation costs, hers is covered by the airline so they have 4 or 5 holidays a year! Sounds pretty awesome to me!
turn off for me because im looking for a long term partner i.e husbamd matieral and dont want to be left at home with kids while he jets all over the world

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending