The Student Room Group

Revision help, history english language english lit and psychology.

HEY!
I've been looking around TSR and have not found the answer I am looking for. I do History, English Language, English Literature, and Psychology.
I am basically aiming for 4 A's. Maybe a B` in History.
I have made all my notes and everything is extremely organised.
For English's I know the syllabus quite well, for Psych and History not as well.
My psychology exam is 11 days after my second to last exam so thats quite a big gap for revision. The struggle is mainly History.

Ok the questions, pls help if you can.

1) Is it possible to learn the everything in 6 weeks?
2) How long should I revise over Easter? (take in mind I can work for long period of time, 6-8 hours)
3) What is the best revision method?
4) How did people cope with History, if they did it ^.^
5) When should I start doing past papers?

Thanks alot if you reply, oh and I'm doing AS levels!:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by ohmars
HEY!
I've been looking around TSR and have not found the answer I am looking for. I do History, English Language, English Literature, and Psychology.
I am basically aiming for 4 A's. Maybe a B` in History.
I have made all my notes and everything is extremely organised.
For English's I know the syllabus quite well, for Psych and History not as well.
My psychology exam is 11 days after my second to last exam so thats quite a big gap for revision. The struggle is mainly History.

Ok the questions, pls help if you can.

1) Is it possible to learn the everything in 6 weeks?
2) How long should I revise over Easter? (take in mind I can work for long period of time, 6-8 hours)
3) What is the best revision method?
4) How did people cope with History, if they did it ^.^
5) When should I start doing past papers?

Thanks alot if you reply, oh and I'm doing AS levels!:biggrin::biggrin:

Hi there,

Last summer I had two AS History exams, Germany 1871 - 1925 and Russia 1917 - 1945, and I got an A in both these exams.

For me I started off breaking the past questions down into points so that I knew the points straight off. Next was to look at the evidence I was going to need to support these points in detail. I found that you can often use the same evidence in lots of different essays which lightens your workload a bit. Try to learn specific figures rather than just general statements (for example, "Stalin's industrialisation increased coal output by x amount by 19xx" rather than "Stalin's industrialisations increased production" as you will gain more marks for this.

It is definitely possible to learn everything within 6 weeks, or enough to get you an A at least but it's going to be hard work. If you tell me what course and what unit's you are doing I'll be happy to help if I can.

In regards to past papers, this should come when your breaking the questions down into points as a way of learning and I also made lots of posters to stick on my walls (no more than 7 words a poster though or I find they are less effective)

Good Luck!
Reply 2
Original post by luke2511
Hi there,

Last summer I had two AS History exams, Germany 1871 - 1925 and Russia 1917 - 1945, and I got an A in both these exams.

For me I started off breaking the past questions down into points so that I knew the points straight off. Next was to look at the evidence I was going to need to support these points in detail. I found that you can often use the same evidence in lots of different essays which lightens your workload a bit. Try to learn specific figures rather than just general statements (for example, "Stalin's industrialisation increased coal output by x amount by 19xx" rather than "Stalin's industrialisations increased production" as you will gain more marks for this.

It is definitely possible to learn everything within 6 weeks, or enough to get you an A at least but it's going to be hard work. If you tell me what course and what unit's you are doing I'll be happy to help if I can.

In regards to past papers, this should come when your breaking the questions down into points as a way of learning and I also made lots of posters to stick on my walls (no more than 7 words a poster though or I find they are less effective)

Good Luck!

YOU ARE A STAR! Thanks so much!!!
Britain 1906-51 and Italy 1922-45!
may I ask what other as levels you did? and when you started revising? And what grades you got?!

BUT THANKS SO MUCH GAH
What's the difference between English lit and English language? We just have English in Scotland!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ohmars
YOU ARE A STAR! Thanks so much!!!
Britain 1906-51 and Italy 1922-45!
may I ask what other as levels you did? and when you started revising? And what grades you got?!

BUT THANKS SO MUCH GAH

With history being my favourite I put a lot more work into this than other subjects! I got a B in English Lit, a C in Biology and an E in Chemistry (whoops!) - not the best but good enough for me. I usually start about now.
Reply 5
Original post by Officegirl4
What's the difference between English lit and English language? We just have English in Scotland!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literature is the study of books, poems, plays etc. looking at stuff such as narrative voice, story structure and things like that.

Language is the study of the English Language, such as its history and how it is used in conversation.
Reply 6
Original post by luke2511
With history being my favourite I put a lot more work into this than other subjects! I got a B in English Lit, a C in Biology and an E in Chemistry (whoops!) - not the best but good enough for me. I usually start about now.

Well you still did very well so congrats and thank you!
Reply 7
Original post by Officegirl4

Posted from TSR Mobile

In literature it's, like Luke said, books and poems
language is more grammar and pronounciation and yh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending