The Student Room Group

What Kind of university do you wish to Graduate in?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Azarimanka
Please note the edit.

Dare I say, if this is your usual standard of argumentation, I do not see you getting into the 'prestigious' university you appear to crave.

It's not my fault that you made a mistake in what you said, that error is your burden.
Original post by yahya khattab
Just say ISA

sorry, what does that mean? :colondollar:
Original post by gossipgirl1
It's not my fault that you made a mistake in what you said, that error is your burden.

Which I corrected. Again, that prestigious university place looks ever further out of reach the more narrow minded pedantry you display.
Reply 23
A university, which can provide great quality of studies and the actual studies would be focused on practical use instead of theoretical use which wouldn't benefit me. A place where tutors focus on individuals rather than groups and where you can stand out as an individual rather than being a grey mouse in a crowd. Also, the university where subjects are realistic and are focused towards the actual needs of a particular job rather than unnecessary subjects which even don't help you at all.
Reply 24
Original post by Azarimanka
Very sad. I find prestige hunters rarely get into the 'prestigious' universities they seek.

maybe because they tend to be more vocal about it when they don't get in :dontknow:
Reply 25
don't really understand some people's arguments about choosing a 'fun' uni

how are you even supposed to judge how 'fun' a uni is from just a handful of brochures and an open day?
Reply 26
Original post by Jack93o
don't really understand some people's arguments about choosing a 'fun' uni

how are you even supposed to judge how 'fun' a uni is from just a handful of brochures and an open day?

I know right, I did not know that you pay £9,000 a year to have "fun", I thought you went to uni to learn more about a subject you have a passion about and would want to pursue an career in the subject.
But I guess I am wrong it is all about how many parties you go to or how wasted you are. I mean spending thousands of pounds and wasting the countries or your parent's money does not matter as long as you have FUN?
Reply 27
One where alumni can feel proud of the university they attended and have a strong sense of community. Reunions and such
Reply 28
A friendly, welcoming atmosphere.

Prestigious and RG.

Interesting course modules.
Original post by Lakesx
I know right, I did not know that you pay £9,000 a year to have "fun", I thought you went to uni to learn more about a subject you have a passion about and would want to pursue an career in the subject.
But I guess I am wrong it is all about how many parties you go to or how wasted you are. I mean spending thousands of pounds and wasting the countries or your parent's money does not matter as long as you have FUN?

You can have both. Of course ultimately you're there to get a degree but three years is a long time and there is so much more to learn from university than you learn in lectures. I wouldn't want to go somewhere where I was unhappy even if it did seem like a good course and would help me in my career. If another university could provide a course that was a bit worse but I loved it and I thought I could have a good time there, I would pick that. In fact, that is what I did and I don't regret it at all.
My ideal uni would have a high student satisfaction rate. Happiness and enjoyment is the key.
Reply 31
Original post by ArtGoblin
You can have both. Of course ultimately you're there to get a degree but three years is a long time and there is so much more to learn from university than you learn in lectures. I wouldn't want to go somewhere where I was unhappy even if it did seem like a good course and would help me in my career. If another university could provide a course that was a bit worse but I loved it and I thought I could have a good time there, I would pick that. In fact, that is what I did and I don't regret it at all.

I see what you mean, but what I meant was that a course that you read that you are passionate about you should enjoy and have a thirst to learn. I have talked to people who have said that they do not care what subject the take they just want to have fun and have the "uni experience of getting drunk and laid", what I am saying is why would you pay £9,000 to do that regardless of what uni or course you take.
Reply 32
University should be friendly and have good reputation (that simply pays off afterwards).
Ideally, a university that hosts a variety of interesting and promising oppurtunities that will help mould me into the perfect (or near enough) graduate for my desired profession. A comfortable atmosphere is key, too. I'd think my studies would go to **** if I didn't have the right relaxed and supportive atmosphere that I'd need. Reputation is always good too, I guess; though not the main priority at all.
The university I'm currently studying at; if I don't graduate from there then something has gone seriously awry.
Reply 35
​Subject Specific

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending