The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Meh I'd support him/her if they felt that way. I have no issues with gay people nor if my own children were to be gay. Those who have issues with gay people or their child being gay is disgusting.
Reply 201
Original post by Bluffroom
Who are you to say this, you don't have a pHD in this field and as you said there is no definitive answer, but there is evidence backing up theories and assumptions - it may not be genetic but it's definitely biological.

The studies that have been carried out clearly show it is not hardwired. There is no gay gene found, nor a collection of genes found. The truth is sexuality is a very subjective reality. You have zoophilics i.e people who have sex with animals. Zoophilics have existed across all of time and irrespective of society. If there is a sexual urge, and a way to fulfil it, some - and not all- of the population will find ways to do so. The only truth is you are either born with male organs and hormones, or female organs and hormones -unless you have a very rare disorder. We are designed to mate with the opposite sex and gender, from the most intricate part of our bodies (our xy or xx chromosones), to our genital organs.
I'm sorry but are you serious? Gay men can have children - furthermore, they can have biological children through egg donation and a surrogate - and hopefully soon, it could be possible for both parents to be biological parents through scientific advances.
I never discounted the possibility of gay men having children. I merely asserted that if a gay man has an unknown womans egg, the child can grow up to know only one of their parents is their real biological parent. This can have a psychological effect on the child, and the parents as well.
BS, most children from same-sex couples have great childhoods, the only reason for them to have psychological damage would be from hearing the crap people like you spew.

Debateable.
(edited 11 years ago)
I wouldn't mind having that conversation. There is one father-son conversation I do fear however:

"...Dad?"

"What is it son?"

"I'm a Manchester United fan".

The Horror! The Horror!
Original post by MENDACIUM
False. Homosexuality is not hard-wired. No-one is born gay. Nurture makes one gay. [h="2"]“Homosexuality Is Not Hardwired,” Concludes Head of The Human Genome Project[/h]http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive//ldn/2007/mar/07032003.

Finding a random article on the internet really does nothing for your argument, there are so many conflicting studies - but generally there is an increasing movement that points towards nature rather than nurture that largely determines sexuality. I literally just googled "homsexuality is hardwired" and got this:

http://playthink.wordpress.com/2008/06/17/the-gay-brain/

And frankly, that's a year more recent than yours so is more likely to be accurate. Although in these 5 years since there has still been a lot of progress made in this area.
Reply 204
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
Meh I'd support him/her if they felt that way. I have no issues with gay people nor if my own children were to be gay. Those who have issues with gay people or their child being gay is disgusting.
The majority of human beings pre the recent few decades have all been disgusting i guess.
Reply 205
Original post by Bulbasaur
Finding a random article on the internet really does nothing for your argument, there are so many conflicting studies - but generally there is an increasing movement that points towards nature rather than nurture that largely determines sexuality. I literally just googled "homsexuality is hardwired" and got this:

http://playthink.wordpress.com/2008/06/17/the-gay-brain/

And frankly, that's a year more recent than yours so is more likely to be accurate. Although in these 5 years since there has still been a lot of progress made in this area.

I did not pick up a random article. It had citations from the leader of the Human Genome project, clearly asserting that homosexuality is not hard-wired i.e not a single human being is born gay. I'll take a look at your article though and respond in due course.
I'm no stranger :O

Yes you do :tongue:
Original post by ForgetMe
Yes you do :tongue:

:lolwut:
Oh damn you have me there :mmm:

But yes absolutely right - i dont think that my upbringing was very 'turning' - i played xbox, computer and gymnastics and swimming, but however, swimming is a fairly camp sport :rolleyes:

So is gymnastics. All of those fabulously toned men in leotards would turn any man gay.:wink:

Original post by maskofsanity
Yes, I said most children will have somewhat similar interests, yet I like the idea of sharing very similar interests. There is no contradiction there and unless you have some way to prove that the chances are slim, aside from anecdotal evidence, then please do tell.

I still don't understand the relationship between orientation and shared interests/bonds.

I assume you mean using an egg doner? I don't think people are ignoring it, they just don't agree that it's the same thing as a normal grandchild.

So would you be just as disappointed with an infertile son or daughter/one who didn't want children?

Posted from TSR Mobile
At first I'd probably be a bit, ..err...umm... okay, about it, but I think I'd then say I was proud of them for having the courage to actually come out
Original post by Sheldor
So is gymnastics. All of those fabulously toned men in leotards would turn any man gay.:wink:

I still don't understand the relationship between orientation and shared interests/bonds.

So would you be just as disappointed with an infertile son or daughter/one who didn't want children?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was the joke.

But in seriousness I agree - some of them are hot!

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 211
I wouldn't give a single ****.
I assume you mean using an egg doner? I don't think people are ignoring it, they just don't agree that it's the same thing as a normal grandchild.

Providing your gay son's sperm was used for the fertilisation, it's no different to if they'd had a child with a female partner as far as you're concerned.
I'd tell them I loved them. I'd use appropriate pronouns when asking about any potential partners and I'd make them feel comfortable about themselves. :smile:
:lolwut:

I've already a proof but it's not a picture but still wondering to show or not :K:
Original post by MENDACIUM
False. Homosexuality is not hard-wired. No-one is born gay. Nurture makes one gay. [h="2"]“Homosexuality Is Not Hardwired,” Concludes Head of The Human Genome Project[/h]http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive//ldn/2007/mar/07032003.

You do know that one of the environmental factors that can 'activate' a genetic predisposition for homosexuality (as the human genome guy says, he doesn't say it's all nurture, but an interaction of the two) is levels of testosterone in the womb?
Or a certain reaction of something I've forgotten the name of that the mother's womb has when it is carrying a 2nd or later boy, as the XY tissue is foreign to her.

'Not hardwired' does not mean 'not biological at all' doesn't mean that they can't be 'born that way' or that they 'choose' their orientation.
(edited 11 years ago)
I've already a proof but it's not a picture but still wondering to show or not :K:

:colone:
:colone:

Show first your proof and then I'll follow you :K:
Show first your proof and then I'll follow you :K:

I've posted pictures of me on this forum - I've gave proof.
I'd love and support them, I'd be disappointed but at the same time I'd be happy that they had the courage to come out to me.

Latest