The Student Room Group

Films that everybody else likes , but you don't

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tinkertailor
Anyone who didn't like Inception seriously needs to stick to their dumb Twilight movies, much easier to understand :rolleyes:

Inception isn't hard to understand
Original post by Skip_Snip
Inception isn't hard to understand

Not for intelligent people it wasn't. It's funny how it turns out that those who didn't like Inception always say that they didn't understand it :biggrin:
Reply 222
Hot Fuzz. Bought it after hearing a lot of hype about it. One of the most over rated films ever. The film I have been most disappointed with, apart from maybe Hollywood Homicide (don't get me started).
Reply 223
The Lord Of the Rings films, never manage to get through them fully.
I can't stand Forrest Gump!
Reply 225
I'm not too sure but I didn't really enjoy The Matrix, I'm speaking on behalf of three people, they don't like ET, I QUITE LIKE ET THO. I'm not very passionate about the Harry Potter movies. It's just ok, to good but not OMGZ GOOD MOVIES, make sense? D: I don't approve of LOTR bashers xD
Pretty much any horrors, I found Grudge pallid, empty and not even terrifying in the slightest, Resident Evil the movie; gargantuan NOPE. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME BUT: Despicable Me, it was good as far as animated movies go but it has quite a tremendous following which is incomprehensible to me tbh. THIS GIRL DOESN'T LIKE THE DISNEY PRINCESS MOVIES D: I can't agree with that I'm a HUGE Disney fan. BUT she like Beauty and the Beast so yay. My other friend loathes Star Wars and Sci-fis, I can't agree nor disagree since I have not to this date watched the Star Wars movies.

OU OUUU! TITANIC. WHAT WAS THAT BUNCH OF UTTER CRAPPERY. HOW DO PEOPLE EVEN. I JUST CAN'T IT'S ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY EMETIC. AAAAWFUL. I can't think of any more right now but there are TOOOONNES
Reply 226
Slumdog Millionaire was good imo but it was certainly not at the level of this incredible 'hype' that followed it. It was just GOOD. It was also unforgivably PATHETICALLY tacky at points, and tbh I was hardly impressed at any of the acting. I guess the social issues it highlighted were the only impressive part of the movie.

The critical acclaim it received for such an unlikely, unrealistic, overly soppy movie were totally undeserved tbh. It was just, good. I was sick of it by the third time watching it. GOOOOOD movies can be watched for YEAAAARS consecutively.
Reply 227
Original post by noggins
Most modern comedies
Pirates of the Plotless Nonsense
Gladiator
Cabin in the Woods
Bourne series
The Raid
Donnie Darko
Cloverfield

Don't get mad, bro :h:

OH MA GAWDDD how can you hate Bourne I loved it xD I LOATHE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN OMG FINALLY. My family bloody ADORE IT. I DON'T UNDERSTAND. It's funny but that's about it. NOT a good movie series.
Original post by tinkertailor
Anyone who didn't like Inception seriously needs to stick to their dumb Twilight movies, much easier to understand :rolleyes:

Or anyone who didn't like Fight Club, TDK/TDKR and The Matrix for that matter. These movies are the types that Hollywood should be making, not garbage like Avaturd, Twilight, Superhero smash brothers aka Avenegers.

It's nothing to do with understanding - I completely got it, just didn't think it was all that.

And seriously, twilight? What makes you think I can even be within 2 miles of that *******s? Just because I didn't like inception all that much doesn't mean I'm suckered in to Hollywood trash, so get off your high horse before you judge.
The Avengers Assemble.
Just don't see why people like it (I know I'll get thumbs down).
Watched it in a party of 20 of us - 1 person stayed awake.
Original post by Mushi_master
It's nothing to do with understanding - I completely got it, just didn't think it was all that.

And seriously, twilight? What makes you think I can even be within 2 miles of that *******s? Just because I didn't like inception all that much doesn't mean I'm suckered in to Hollywood trash, so get off your high horse before you judge.

I hate Twilight too. Read the first book and thought it was ok, so I read the second one and it was dreadful, decided to read the third one in case it was any better and it wasn't so I stopped completely.
Reply 231
Avatar, twilight...all ican think of for now
Reply 232
Broke back mountain, if your a homophobic then its not the film for you
Reply 233
Original post by MOOOSEH
OH MA GAWDDD how can you hate Bourne I loved it xD I LOATHE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN OMG FINALLY. My family bloody ADORE IT. I DON'T UNDERSTAND. It's funny but that's about it. NOT a good movie series.

I wouldn't say I hate the series, they just aren't my cup of tea. I saw some of Bourne Supremacy on TV once and i found it one of the most boring action-thrillers I've ever seen. All the jittery camera work quickly got on my nerves as well. I think the Bourne series possibly kicked off that frenetic camera trend.

You've reminded me of another popular film I don't care for very much and that's Slumdog... ugh, couldn't even get to the end of that unconvincing rubbish. It's easily Danny Boyle's worst film.
twilight and Les miserables

Posted from TSR Mobile
People are probably going to hate me for this but Zoolander. Just ugh.
Original post by noggins
Most modern comedies
Pirates of the Plotless Nonsense
Gladiator
Cabin in the Woods
Bourne series
The Raid
Donnie Darko
Cloverfield

Don't get mad, bro :h:

I can understand where you're coming from with almost all of these but Donnie Darko? I thought it was a brilliant film :O
Reply 237
Original post by Ezekiella
People are probably going to hate me for this but Zoolander. Just ugh.

I completely agree!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 238
Children's Disney films - like Beauty and the Beast...they were fine when I was younger, but I really don't see the big deal any more.
Reply 239
The Dark Knight
Titanic
The Avengers

I don't mind watching them if I have to with family or friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending