The Student Room Group

How much revision should i do over easter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Short answer - as much as you can.
Reply 41
Original post by POWCATTY
i didnt revise every day, was hard with my house being full of other people and me not having a desk or my own room to work in. when i did work i maybe did 4-6 hours, with about 2 hrs of breaks. i read books, made notes from the books, like wrote out all my books into notes of only the essential info - cutting out as much irrelevant stuff as possible. did all the practice papers there were, and got my dad to read and discuss the text books with me. he didnt do a levels so it helped me as i had to explain some stuff to him (but then he also helped me with stuff coz he knows some physics and biology from some of the jobs hes had).
do as much revision as you think you need. if youre getting stressed about exams, its coz youve not done enough work. i was never stressed for exams as i knew that i knew my stuff - and i have quite a high stress threshold so i didnt freak myself out like my friends did. some of them had like a tonne of that herbal stuff to calm them down lol.
just make sure that you study properly, and do what works best for you.

What grades did you get?:smile:
Reply 42
Original post by anyap
What grades did you get?:smile:

i got A*A*A in bio chem and physics :smile:
I will probably spend 4-5 hours each day with breaks in between. Im taking four subjects at A2 so more revision time is necessary.
40 hours a DAY
Reply 45
Original post by purple_clouds
I will probably spend 4-5 hours each day with breaks in between. Im taking four subjects at A2 so more revision time is necessary.

wat subh=jects u doing
Reply 46
Original post by LeonVII
Yh for french vocab is important, especially the writing, the more sophisticated words you use, the higher the grade :biggrin:

Im not sure how it is at your school, but at mine, for the oral we had quite a few practice exams, so by the time we got to the exam we knew it pretty well. Also, as silly as it may seem, I would kinda walk round my room and speak about the topics to thin air. It's quite good to get to know what bits you need to improve and it also test your explanation skills. If you speak it in such a way that you clearly know what youre saying then youre on the right track.

There's no way to revise for listening other than just doing loads of past paper listening exams. Thankfully my school provided many of those.

Thank you!
Reply 47
How long is a piece of string?
Reply 48
Original post by Alex Dom
How long is a piece of string?

depends what kind of string it is. how is this relevant to the op?
Original post by iamgreatness
wat subh=jects u doing

Im doing English Literature, History, Geography and Business Studies

I have 7 exams in total (1 resit)
Reply 50
Im doing English Literature, History, Geography and Business Studies

I have 7 exams in total (1 resit)

so quite easy subjects then

Oh, dear...
Reply 52
As much as you need OP, make a plan and stick to it
Reply 53
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
Oh, dear...

what

:rolleyes: lets not go on that territory.
Reply 55
Original post by Ezekiella
As much as you need OP, make a plan and stick to it

i guess my plain is to just do bare revision, go library on an everyday 9am-4pm ting, maybe a 15 minute break every 2 hours for a fag break then get home relax and do some more everyday of the holidays apart from sunday because on sunday the library is closed and its also the sabbath
what

No A levels are easy, and I'll have you know History in particular is a bitch. Don't be foolish enough to look down on other's A levels just because you do the science ones.
Reply 57
i guess my plain is to just do bare revision, go library on an everyday 9am-4pm ting, maybe a 15 minute break every 2 hours for a fag break then get home relax and do some more everyday of the holidays apart from sunday because on sunday the library is closed and its also the sabbath

Yeah whatever works for you really. I never worked crazy hours during my A levels, save that for uni ha
Reply 58
:rolleyes: lets not go on that territory.

lol, alright english lit is respected and so is history. Both of these are what i class as secondary A levels. Primary A levels are the traditional sciences and languages. secondary are mostly humanties. tertiary are media studies, film studies etc.

you have 3 secondary and 1 tertiary A level, so i guess it was wrong to say all easy subjects but u arent exactly going to have a hard time with them lol.
Reply 59
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
No A levels are easy, and I'll have you know History in particular is a bitch. Don't be foolish enough to look down on other's A levels just because you do the science ones.

The sciences are harder than history. If you are taking history along with say maths, chemistry, biology- you are more likely to do better in history. This is down to statistics and empirical evidence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending