The Student Room Group

Films that everybody else likes , but you don't

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lady_L
Children's Disney films - like Beauty and the Beast...they were fine when I was younger, but I really don't see the big deal any more.

This. Definitely this.
Reply 241
Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 242
The Lion King

(please don't kill me)
Reply 243
Original post by tinkertailor
Anyone who didn't like Inception seriously needs to stick to their dumb Twilight movies, much easier to understand :rolleyes:

Or anyone who didn't like Fight Club, TDK/TDKR and The Matrix for that matter. These movies are the types that Hollywood should be making, not garbage like Avaturd, Twilight, Superhero smash brothers aka Avenegers.

I disliked Inception. Not because I didn't understand it, but because it was just POOR!

I challenge anyone to find the plot gripping without that endless bl**dy cliche-tense-heartbeat-like background noise. Ugh.
Original post by Tweedy
The Lion King

(please don't kill me)

I bet that was a line originally written for Mufasa
Knocked Up and Juno, they just weren't at all funny/ Also, anything with Michael Cera, he plays the same socially awkward, nerdy character in every film he's in.
Reply 246
The Hangover & Grease,

can't stand them!

[URL="'http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app'"]Posted from TSR Mobile[/URL
Billy Madison.
All my friends seem to love that film.
Original post by Tweedy
The Lion King

(please don't kill me)

O:
How can you not like The Lion King?
500 days of summer.
Reply 250
Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC
I'll get things started.

The Christopher Nolan Batman films. 3 dreary hours of cheesy dialogue. I just find them rather boring. In the newest one Michael Caine (Alfred) gives away the ending to the film right at the beginning. Although I do suppose the scene in the second one where the Joker tries to blow up the hospital was pretty funny.

Napoleon Dynamite too, just not funny at all
\

OK, so you don't get that everything is subjective?
Grease, 500 days of Summer, The Avengers, Captain America, Titanic, Scott Pilgrim, Juno...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably Stepbrothers...everyone loves it but I don't think it's all that if I'm honest...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Malevolent
Life of Pi.

Why?

EDIT: and why would you neg me instead of answering my question?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 254
Original post by pinksugar
Grease, 500 days of Summer, The Avengers, Captain America, Titanic, Scott Pilgrim, Juno...

Posted from TSR Mobile

JUNO IS AWFUL.

When I watched it as a teenage girl with a uterus I was offended by what the writer seemed to be suggesting I should do with it if it accidentally got filled with baby.
Reply 255
Les miserables
WAYYYYYYY too much singing!! I was soo angry I spent money watching it in the cinema LOL
Green Mile.
I tend to find anything that's been hyped tends to put me off it.

Titanic - Utter tripe.
Avtar - Infact, anything by David Cameron seems to be pump.

I got taken to the cinema to watch those series of films with Werewolves and Vampires in a love story. Oh my god. Who funded that?

Star Wars prequels.
Reply 258
Shutter island was god awful and predictable.

Lord of the rings, boring story that seems to have made the films longer then the story they tell. ( films only, inb4 fags saying ' they missed out so much of the book') - no one cares

Edit: everyone whos opinion that matters hates twilight, its not a rare thing to dislike ,so it does not belong in this thread.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 259
Original post by Ezekiella
This. Definitely this.

It's annoying when people are like, "let's watch loads of Disney films it'll be so fun"...and I'm just thinking, "can't we watch something a little more interesting". I mean they are meant for young children...I guess it's just people's nostalgia.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending