The Student Room Group

Year 12: University choices

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah exactly, hopefully I'll do better in the re-sit! Oh that's cool, we do nearly all the same subjects! Well done on all your grades, they're amazing! Yeah we only have had coursework so far in English too and I'm currently on an A :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
I hope to do medicine but maths is beautiful :smile: I do physics too :smile:
What unis are you looking at?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scrumptious, nice choice :wink:
I plan on applying to:
Cambridge, Warwick, Imperial, Edinburgh, Durham/ Bristol/ Bath

You? :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Melas1
Psychology at uni! (fingers crossed) :love:

What subjects do you currently do and what did you get in January exams?:smile:
Original post by DakotaBlue
Well I live up north, near Yorkshire so moving down south to somewhere like Sussex would be quite a way, not sure how far! Wow congrats on your A! I only have one English Lit exam this year and it's in June too. Have you done any coursework in English? Yeah I found the Psychology paper really hard, but most people at my school got A's and B's. Hopefully when I re-sit I will too! :smile:

All part of the student life the way I see it, I can't wait to move out, meet new people etc! We just started our Englsih coursework on Gatsby :smile: Thank you! I think our psychology teacher is just bad as my friends who took are generally clever and got Es and Us! Good luck for your resit!
Hmm, I'm liking the ratio in this thread :sexface:
Original post by UniGirl_x
Do you have any idea of what you look for in a university?
League Tables
Student Union
Nightlife
Campus
Distance

what is most important to you?

For me it's Nightlife > League tables > Campus > Distance > Student union
Reply 26
Original post by Felix Felicis
Scrumptious, nice choice :wink:
I plan on applying to:
Cambridge, Warwick, Imperial, Edinburgh, Durham/ Bristol/ Bath

You? :smile:

I love the look of
Cambridge
St. Andrews
Nottingham
Bristol
Edinburgh
Imperial

:smile: there's more I like but they are my top ones :smile:

Reply 27
Yeah exactly, hopefully I'll do better in the re-sit! Oh that's cool, we do nearly all the same subjects! Well done on all your grades, they're amazing! Yeah we only have had coursework so far in English too and I'm currently on an A :smile:

You can do it!! I personally feel less prepared for Summer exams cause i dont know about you guys but after January exams i just needed a loooong break and im still struggling just about to find MOTIVATION..:frown:
Reply 28
Original post by Kateislate
All part of the student life the way I see it, I can't wait to move out, meet new people etc! We just started our Englsih coursework on Gatsby :smile: Thank you! I think our psychology teacher is just bad as my friends who took are generally clever and got Es and Us! Good luck for your resit!

Yeah, I want to move far away! :tongue: Oh I have a terrible Psychology teacher too, haha! Thank you! :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Kateislate
For me it's Nightlife > League tables > Campus > Distance > Student union

SAME AS ME! Alot of people focus too much on league tables and forget that education is only a part of the 3/4 years you will be at university. Especially if you're away from home things like SU and nightlife make it easier for you to meet new people and settle down. UNIVERSITY IS AN EXPERIENCE NOT JUST LECTURES AND EXAMS:smile::tongue:
Reply 30
Just remeber it was our first ever A levl exams!! You did great compared to many people i know who got Us and Es in all subjects! We basically do the same subjects haha!! I got an A in RE, B in Biology and B in Psychology (2 marks away from A) so ABB and i only had coursework in English Literature but currently on a low A

Thanks! Yeah hopefully I'll do better in the re-sit! Yeah we're doing English coursework too and I'm currently on an A. So are you going to look around all of the universities you like in summer, or just a few? :smile:
I love the look of
Cambridge
St. Andrews
Nottingham
Bristol
Edinburgh
Imperial

:smile: there's more I like but they are my top ones :smile:

Nice choices :wink: Particularly Cambridge/ Imperial/ Bristol/ Edinburgh :sexface: :wink:
Reply 32
Thanks! Yeah hopefully I'll do better in the re-sit! Yeah we're doing English coursework too and I'm currently on an A. So are you going to look around all of the universities you like in summer, or just a few? :smile:

Its mainly dependent on money and train tickets..I live in Essex, London so it would be cheaper to visit universities down south but i will definitely visit a uni up north. I will probably visit 3/4 universities..my 2 favourites and ones im unsure of whether to apply to due to factors such as distance and campus, student life..
Reply 33
You can do it!! I personally feel less prepared for Summer exams cause i dont know about you guys but after January exams i just needed a loooong break and im still struggling just about to find MOTIVATION..:frown:

Aw thanks! I know, and there's so many more exams in summer than there was in January! I just keep thinking if I knuckle down in these next four weeks then I can have the whole summer off to relax! :smile:
Reply 34
Nice choices :wink: Particularly Cambridge/ Imperial/ Bristol/ Edinburgh :sexface: :wink:

Cambridge is just...well amazing...I love it, the city, the course structure, just...everything! It's where I hope to go...epic finger crossing :smile:

Cambridge is just...well amazing...I love it, the city, the course structure, just...everything! It's where I hope to go...epic finger crossing :smile:

Same! :wink: Like the look of any colleges?
Reply 36
Aw thanks! I know, and there's so many more exams in summer than there was in January! I just keep thinking if I knuckle down in these next four weeks then I can have the whole summer off to relax! :smile:

Yeah i guess:smile:, are you a keen party goer and is Nightlife, Student life a big factor for you? If so watch 'Im Shmacked' videos on youtube, which are amazing videos of US colleges/universities and their party life. It motivates me to work hard now and play harder in the future hahaha
Reply 37
You peeps are so lucky having jan exams!! I had none, so have them all In the summer sitting..which is now scarily close!!! I've begun properly revising over the past week or so, how about you guys?

Reply 38
Its mainly dependent on money and train tickets..I live in Essex, London so it would be cheaper to visit universities down south but i will definitely visit a uni up north. I will probably visit 3/4 universities..my 2 favourites and ones im unsure of whether to apply to due to factors such as distance and campus, student life..

Yeah that's a good idea, I think I'm going to view my favourites and then a few I'm unsure about and then once I've seen them I'll be able to make up my mind on them :smile: I swear this summer I'm just going to be travelling the country with my mates going to loads of uni's, as I've promised to go with them to all of their choices too!
Reply 39
Same! :wink: Like the look of any colleges?

I love the look of corpus as its fairly small but still one of the older ones. I went there with a few others from school for a tour of a few collages and it was fantastic.
Kings is also amazing :smile: you?

Quick Reply

Latest