The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ideally someone who doesn't swear except on special occasions and holidays.
I have a very blokish personality and I swear all the time when I'm angry. TBH the sort of people who have a problem with it swear themselves anyway, it's just they don't seem to like women being aggressive.
My female friends have more of a problem with me swearing often than my boyfriend or any of my male friends. :p:

I remember one occasion of them getting all shocked and offended over a joke involving the c-word that I'd told my (now ex) boyfriend of the time and he'd just died laughing.

I think it is a bit of a sexist think to think it's any different or 'less feminine' for a girl to use these words. My female friends definitely have more rigid views about how girls 'should' behave than my guy friends. They're words. Okay if you're going to use it every second sentence it can get a bit mildly annoying, but I don't think syllables change a person's personality.
Original post by MW24595
"Thou whoreson, thou senseless villain!"

"He is deformed, crooked, old and sere,
Ill-faced, worse bodied, shapeless everywhere;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind;
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind. "

"They have a plentiful lack of wit."

Roflol. Haha, that'd be pretty cool, really. XD

Yeah it would. "Thou smell of mountain goat" is a particular favourite.
Reply 64
Personally I don't mind swearing at all as I do it myself so I wouldn't judge others on it male or female.
I really don't mind it, kinda makes me feel like the girl is down to earth in a way... I thought it was just the norm for girls to use bad language, well in our college it is anyway.
Reply 66
I probably swear too much. My boyfriend doesn't seem to mind, he swears a lot too. I don't really see what's so bad about it. I think if you treat swear words like they're innappropriate, they are, & if you don't, they're meaningless.
I very very rarely swear- I just don't see no reason to and as long as its not every other word it doesn't bother me much at all

so when I do swear, people know I'm especially angry I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by McUsername
I probably swear too much. My boyfriend doesn't seem to mind, he swears a lot too. I don't really see what's so bad about it. I think if you treat swear words like they're innappropriate, they are, & if you don't, they're meaningless.

If you're really trying to insult someone it doesn't matter which word you use, the power is all in the delivery. My mum never swore at me when she was shouting at me for doing something wrong but from her tone and facial expressions she might as well have been. Sometimes my friends will swear at me but you can tell they don't really mean anything horrible by it, and at other times you can tell when someone intends to be hurtful.
Reply 69
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
If you're really trying to insult someone it doesn't matter which word you use, the power is all in the delivery. My mum never swore at me when she was shouting at me for doing something wrong but from her tone and facial expressions she might as well have been. Sometimes my friends will swear at me but you can tell they don't really mean anything horrible by it, and at other times you can tell when someone intends to be hurtful.

Exactly :smile: the words themselves are irrelevant, just words. My parents swore at me when I did something wrong, but then, they swore anyway lol. Probably why I don't think it's a big deal...
Original post by McUsername
Exactly :smile: the words themselves are irrelevant, just words. My parents swore at me when I did something wrong, but then, they swore anyway lol. Probably why I don't think it's a big deal...

Both of mine swear but they've never sworn at me, my mum tells me my dad swore pretty much every other word when she first met him which is probably why I don't really get bothered by it either. For the most part I don't care what someone calls me, it's how they say it.
I love swearing, that and casual racism are top qualities in a bird if you ask me.
Reply 72
I'm female and, thinking about it, I do swear quite often. Probably comes from working in a bar with a 'swear room' in it - literally, every 30 seconds somebody utters a swear word. It's a habit I've gotten from there, but I don't think I go OTT with swearing.
Original post by pizzle223
I love swearing, that and casual racism are top qualities in a bird if you ask me.

I don't know what I hate more, girls who constantly swear or people who refer to girls as "birds"...
Reply 74
Original post by >Untitled<
After reading this thread......I'm never get a boyfriend I swear like all ****ing time. Oops did it again..

I've a feeling the profile picture probably won't help... :tongue:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Consistent Mild: Ok you can live with it but I would discourage it and not be impressed if they did it in the company of my friends/family

Consistent Strong: Would bang, but not much else; call me old fashioned but I don't see the point in monogomy with a girl who doesn't act like 'a lady'

Consistent Very Strong (C and N words): Would find it difficult not to view them as feral/damaged (and therefore probably best avoided completely)

♫Luck be a lady toniiiiiight...
Reply 76
It's not really a big deal for me, frankly I find posh acting/shy girls who swear to be pretty attractive for some reason:colondollar:
I'm a girl and I RARELY swear unless I'm super angry. And I know you didn't ask for a girl's prospective but I don't tend to be particularly attracted to guys who swear profusely. As for a fellow girl, I wouldn't imagine it would be attractive to most guys for a girl to swear very other word. However, if it an "acceptable" amount, then almost all of them will not mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm very surprised by people's responses on here.

I don't swear that much and when I do its usually just the F-word or some such, not the C-word, I think its sexist.

Yet a lot of people think I'm really strange/weird for this and make fun of me for it?!

Incidentally, in the North I always hear people using the P-word when referring to Asians. Does no-one else find this totally shocking??

Latest

Trending

Trending