The Student Room Group

How much revision should i do over easter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by study beats
i study for 6 hours a day and still come out with Bs,Cs and E,s....

so you are telling me i am an idiot? well thanks a lot for that.......something is really fishy here

Have you considered the possibility that you were unproductive?

What is fishy? Explain yourself.
Reply 81
Original post by iamgreatness
depends what kind of string it is. how is this relevant to the op?

How is this NOT relevant? It encompasses his question entirely. You seem to have caught on by further asking, what kind of string?. Well, what kind of revision?, how good are you at retaining information, how many topics do you need to learn.... and the list goes on and on. In essense, further clarification was required.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 82
I did zilch and whilst you might say that was the reason I didn't get the grades I should have, actually the reason was not quite working hard enough post easter and bad luck on the questions
for my jan a level exams I did:
45 mins revision, then 15 min breaks and 30 min breaks for lunch.

except maths past papers which I needed to practice with the 1 hour 30 time limit.

and then at school free periods and sometimes lunch revising in the silent part of the library (that's about 15 extra hours a week right there)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yaboy
How the hell do you manage to get Es (Cs and Bs ok) when revising 6 hours a day for subjects like that?

You sure your doing enough work within that time and not just dosing off?

yeah i am focused
Original post by anyap
Dislike people like you who tries to turn their failure to someone! No one will exlain you what you did, only you know the truth! Did you jusr read through book and not bothered to actually memorize notes? Not enough past papers? Did you hope the themes you didn't quite get won't come up in exam?

i did a lot of the past papers and was getting high percentages close to 90s, but i didnt get the same result from the exam?
Original post by cdoyle
think I need redbull this time around. 10 exams and motivation definitely lower than its ever been.

good luck babes
Original post by Bushido Brown

how was i unproductive?
Reply 88
how was i unproductive?
6hours a day shouldn't result in C's and E's at least
Reply 89
10 exams? My answer would be lots.
I have 6 exams altogether in summer for bio maths and physics, and i'm doing about 4-5 hours a day, but i dont tend to do well in exams, i rush, but knowing i actually know it helps me. :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by igloo1
10 exams? My answer would be lots.
I have 6 exams altogether in summer for bio maths and physics, and i'm doing about 4-5 hours a day, but i dont tend to do well in exams, i rush, but knowing i actually know it helps me. :smile:

Original post by Robbie242

how was i unproductive?

Original post by pinksugar
for my jan a level exams I did:
45 mins revision, then 15 min breaks and 30 min breaks for lunch.

except maths past papers which I needed to practice with the 1 hour 30 time limit.

and then at school free periods and sometimes lunch revising in the silent part of the library (that's about 15 extra hours a week right there)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Alex Dom
How is this NOT relevant? It encompasses his question entirely. You seem to have caught on by further asking, what kind of string?. Well, what kind of revision?, how good are you at retaining information, how many topics do you need to learn.... and the list goes on and on. In essense, further clarification was required.

Original post by Bushido Brown

fair enough lads. anybody doing a2 aqa biology, ocr mei maths and ocr b salters chemsitry a2? we can do study groups help if we get stuck. mans plain is to get out of bed at say like 8 am. breakfeast at 8.30 then roll to library ( its bare close like 0.5 miles away). it is open at 9am get there 9am study until 5pm obviously with fag breaks inbetween and lunch except on tuesdays and thursdays its open till 7 so ill do the same thing roll up at 9am but leave at 7. sundays its closed and saturday its open until 4pm so study sessions will have to work around those times i just listed
Reply 91
it is possible. my maximum record was 15 hours a day..and i had 5 cans of Red Bull....turned out i still couldnt get A grades and came out with some Cs and Es

and yes i do A levels..plz explain my failures?

you overloaded yourself ! I say this from experience last summer I did barely 3 hours revision a day and came out with straight Bs this year I did 7 hours a day during Christmas and came out with Ds and Es :frown:
Reply 92
I would say to plan enough time so that you can cover each module/topic within each exam you are taking at least once, spending approx. 30 mins-1 hours on each depending on the length and difficulty.
Also, I think it is important to give yourself 2 or 3 days off completely from revision, else it will just get too much!
Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by Robbie242

then what i have done
Original post by opengeek
you overloaded yourself ! I say this from experience last summer I did barely 3 hours revision a day and came out with straight Bs this year I did 7 hours a day during Christmas and came out with Ds and Es :frown:

if i dont overload i will totally fail
Reply 95
if i dont overload i will totally fail

wat grades u on
Depends on what you think is enough/your concentration span. I'm probably going to power through my homework in the first few days of the holidays and then get on with revision. I don't really set a number of hours minimum per day because the amount of time I can spend revising changes from day to day. Sometimes I can sit from 9am to 9pm (with breaks of course) and be very productive and then on other days I'll get everything out, stare at it for a bit and just decide I can't be bothered with it for that day. Do as much as you feel like that day!
Original post by iamgreatness
fair enough lads. anybody doing a2 aqa biology, ocr mei maths and ocr b salters chemsitry a2?

yeahh, I'm not a lad

but I do ocr mei maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by pinksugar
yeahh, I'm not a lad

but I do ocr mei maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

u a2? hit me up den enit :wink:
Original post by yaboy
Stop trying to justify your despicable language :donut:

There is no revision techniques, you just learn everything then do papers simple as. Too much emphasis is put on how to work rather than just working IMO. 2:30 hours of revision a day is relatively low id say for the grades he got if the time is uniformly distributed but im sure he never spend as much time on maths and french as he did on chem I reckon its in a ratio of 2hours and 29 mins for chem and 30 secs each for maths and french

I ended up with 5 A*'s in Health and Social Care, Biology, Economics, Geography and EPQ with about two weeks revision prior to each exam, lasting about 2 hours a day. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending