The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Offer letter

Hey guys, I just firmed imperial, but here has been no acknowledgement or whatever, is this happening to you too? Besides, should I expect an offer letter or should I just go ahead and apply for ATAS? Thank you for your help! :biggrin:
Hi, I firmed Imperial over 2 weeks ago and still no acknowledgement. A few other people are also in the same situation. All my others universities sent acknowledgements of my reply within 2/3 days so I'm guessing Imperial just don't...
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Serpentine111
Hi, I firmed Imperial over 2 weeks ago and still no acknowledgement. A few other people are also in the same situation. All my others universities sent acknowledgements of my reply within 2/3 days so I'm guessing Imperial just don't...

Thank you for the reply! do you need to apply for ATAS?
Original post by zyzwana
Thank you for the reply! do you need to apply for ATAS?

I'm not really sure what that is :tongue: So I guess not :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Serpentine111
I'm not really sure what that is :tongue: So I guess not :smile:

It's something for international student only haha, never mind:smile:
Reply 5
Universities often don't send any kind of confirmation.

When I firmed Imperial I didn't hear anything until I received an invitation to apply for accommodation in May.

So don't worry about it. If it's on ucas then it's official.
Reply 6
Original post by Zottula
Universities often don't send any kind of confirmation.

When I firmed Imperial I didn't hear anything until I received an invitation to apply for accommodation in May.

So don't worry about it. If it's on ucas then it's official.

Dude, you are my hero! thank you so much for the reply! It's just so annoying that that I have no idea what to do next..
Reply 7
Original post by zyzwana
Dude, you are my hero! thank you so much for the reply! It's just so annoying that that I have no idea what to do next..

Phone them up if you like. You definitely will be contacted in some way though. I got an offer letter around two weeks after firming it, for medicine (crb form ect). If it's on UCAS it is official, but phone them up if you just want to ask when they will send their letters(if they send it for your course, or just send you one closer to may for accomodation).
Reply 8
Original post by MENDACIUM
Phone them up if you like. You definitely will be contacted in some way though. I got an offer letter around two weeks after firming it, for medicine (crb form ect). If it's on UCAS it is official, but phone them up if you just want to ask when they will send their letters(if they send it for your course, or just send you one closer to may for accomodation).

Ok,that's reassuring.Thank you for the reply.I am an international student, so I think I will just wait for a while. :smile: Did you firm a conditional offer or an unconditional offer? Mine is conditional but the only condition is me getting my ATAS certificate before July.
Reply 9
What is an ATAS???:frown:
Reply 10
1. Its required from international students (i.e. non-UK and non-EU) and 2. you need to apply online and 3. its only for a number of specified postgraduate (MSc, PhD, etc) courses

More info here https://www.gov.uk/academic-technology-approval-scheme
Reply 11
Original post by zyzwana
Hey guys, I just firmed imperial, but here has been no acknowledgement or whatever, is this happening to you too? Besides, should I expect an offer letter or should I just go ahead and apply for ATAS? Thank you for your help! :biggrin:

Have you finished your ATAS application? I am applying for it. I got a few problems. Do you know what is Student ID Number? and what do I have to do with Employment History and Financial Sponsor? High school students don't have those information, I suppose. But if I leave them blank, I can't completing the following sections.

Many thanks for your help!

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by vincevvan
Have you finished your ATAS application? I am applying for it. I got a few problems. Do you know what is Student ID Number? and what do I have to do with Employment History and Financial Sponsor? High school students don't have those information, I suppose. But if I leave them blank, I can't completing the following sections.

Many thanks for your help!

Dude.. sorry for this late reply....I was travelling so.....
I got my ATAS certificate already, Student ID number is you CID number from Imperial. Employment history I just wrote employment history. I put my "parents" as my financial sponsor.
Reply 13
Eventually, did you receive any confirmed Offer Letter from Imperial? I firmed Imperial in UCAS in early May 2018 and did not receive any email and mail from Imperial. I am international student and was received Imperial's conditional offer for the class 2019 (not 2018, I apply for class 2019).Thanks
Reply 14
Original post by zyzwana
Dude.. sorry for this late reply....I was travelling so.....
I got my ATAS certificate already, Student ID number is you CID number from Imperial. Employment history I just wrote employment history. I put my "parents" as my financial sponsor.

Eventually, did you receive any confirmed Offer Letter from Imperial? I firmed Imperial in UCAS in early May 2018 and did not receive any email and mail from Imperial. I am international student and was received Imperial's conditional offer for the class 2019 (not 2018, I apply for class 2019).Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending