The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mmmpie
You have no idea how difficult it is to not make an innuendo out of incorrigible....

I can only attempt to exercise a voice of reason and encourage you not to introduce such innuendo (.. ie smut ;-) ) into our fair and pleasant forum.

I'd be shocked... shocked... if such things were to happen here

[video="youtube;T1DEG6BWgp0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1DEG6BWgp0[/video]
Reply 301
Love them.
Coming out partay, ofc! What else.....
Reply 303
Original post by MostUncivilised
I can only attempt to exercise a voice of reason and encourage you not to introduce such innuendo (.. ie smut ;-) ) into our fair and pleasant forum.

I'd be shocked... shocked... if such things were to happen here

I never smut! :angelblush: Well, except for the right boy...
Original post by Bluffroom
Hah. Funny. :rolleyes:

The irony would be delicious if it weren't so tragic.
Original post by mmmpie

Of course, I couldn't but accept your word as a gentleman.

As for the right boy.. *swoon* well, that's a different proposition entirely! ;-)
Original post by mmmpie
<br />
<br />
Why discriminate against the left boy?:sad:
The irony would be delicious if it weren't so tragic.
<br />
<br />
Wouldn't it just
Reply 307
Of course, I couldn't but accept your word as a gentleman.

As for the right boy.. *swoon* well, that's a different proposition entirely! ;-)

Too kind, sir.

Why discriminate against the left boy?:sad:

Well, I am ambidextrous... Both boys!
Original post by mmmpie
Too kind, sir.

:awesome:
Original post by mmmpie
Too kind, sir.

Both hands, impressive!

:awesome:

I agree :hugs:
Hi :wavey:

Whilst debating is allowed, please do not use this thread as a trolling ground. Any rule breaking will result in warnings.

Thanks!
I'd still love and support them because at the end of the day it doesn't make them any different, and I wouldnt be one of these people who need grandchildren.
I would be a little bit disappointed if my daughter was lesbian though, or at least one of those who do everything they can do max out their femininity.
Reply 312
My estranged father has disowned me (not just because I'm gay, there were another number of other factors, I called him a t*****t for one) and the outcome from that was that I'm finally free from being put down.

As for my children, I hope to have two, and I really couldn't care either way. Daughter, you like men? Fine. You like women? Fine. Son, you like women? Fine. You like men? Fine, too. Child, you feel like you were born in the wrong body and want to change sex? Also fine.
Original post by madmoofkh
My estranged father has disowned me (not just because I'm gay, there were another number of other factors, I called him a t*****t for one) and the outcome from that was that I'm finally free from being put down.

As for my children, I hope to have two, and I really couldn't care either way. Daughter, you like men? Fine. You like women? Fine. Son, you like women? Fine. You like men? Fine, too. Child, you feel like you were born in the wrong body and want to change sex? Also fine.

:hug: that's awful :sad: - I have great fears of being disowned by my dad for being gay as he is in that mindset. At least you are now free to live your life how you please.
Reply 314
:hug: that's awful :sad: - I have great fears of being disowned by my dad for being gay as he is in that mindset. At least you are now free to live your life how you please.

Don't fear it imo. If he disowns you then he is not worthy of being called your father.

I'm kinda fed up that sexuality is still made a big deal of even in the UK which is one of the most progressive in this area. Sexual orientation is no big deal and I will praise the day when no one batters an eyelid at it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MENDACIUM
And you are spot on. The leader of the Human Genome project has said that homosexuality is not hardwired - nurture plays a massive role.

:facepalm:

by the same token that the ability to use language isn't hardwired... yeah

i really hate it when non-scientists try to use science in their arguments, because their source is invariably some website/tabloid that has twisted valid science into something far removed from the truth

i bet you also believe that the MMR jab causes autism, don't you?
Reply 316

Thanks, although to be fair to him, he's a d**k who cheated on my mum numerous times and walked out when I was six. So really, I never had one to disown me lol

Original post by AJ_Moose
I'm kinda fed up that sexuality is still made a big deal of even in the UK which is one of the most progression in this area. Sexual orientation is no big deal and I will praise the day when no one batters an eyelid at it.

Amen to that one.
Reply 317
Original post by Barden

by the same token that the ability to use language isn't hardwired... yeah

i really hate it when non-scientists try to use science in their arguments, because their source is invariably some website/tabloid that has twisted valid science into something far removed from the truth

I would describe myself as someone with a scientific background. I am no expert , but i have a place at medical school and will have to do an additional BSC as well as a lot of research. I have completed my A-levels and do on-going research of my own on the side.

Either way, language is neccesary for humans to communicate. The ability to have languages as sophisticated as we do is unique to human beings. It separates us with from other mammals.

In addition, the article by the leader of the Human Genome Project - by virtue of their own experience- states that homosexuality is not hard-wired. No-one is born gay. Nurture makes one gay. Out of the many tests done, there have been no genetic links or any kind of links that allows us to conclude homosexuality is inborn in us. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but absence of evidence despite thorough, frequent, and numerous tests surely speaks for itself.

We should be here debating whether homosexuality itself is acceptable, rather than if it is natural or not.

We are born with complementary organs for the opposite sex, and that's just how we are.- unless one is in the very, very, very, rare if not unheard of group that has a mutation from that is.
(edited 11 years ago)
I have always said that I that first thing I do is to hug him/her. I'm sure that would have spent quite a lot of time gathering the courage to tell me that fact. Then I would probably be a bit embarrassing and ask if there's a boyfriend/girlfriend in the picture yet.
Reply 319
Original post by Barden

The MMR vaccine scare was brought about by the research of an actual scientist so that's a bad example.

Latest