The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl firmers 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cl_steele
Well maybe it is a small world after all?:tongue:
Ah at QMUL I applied for politics and IR:/ alwell:tongue: what made ya choose Russian courses?:smile:

Haha definitely :tongue: ! Aw, should've applied for Russian at QM too :tongue: Well I've been studying it in school for a few years now, fallen in love with it! Hehe! What about you? :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by isabelinoue
Haha definitely :tongue: ! Aw, should've applied for Russian at QM too :tongue: Well I've been studying it in school for a few years now, fallen in love with it! Hehe! What about you? :smile:

I was going to but they said as I didn't have an alevel language they'd auto decline so I couldn't :tongue:. always had an interest in Russia so I thought why not, plus it's easier to get into than ucl's straight history course :wink:
Original post by Gummibaerchen
Hi everyone,

I just thought all the firmers could have a thread seeing as we could well bump into each other in September!

Here are a few questions for you :smile:
1. What course did you apply for?
2. What is your offer if it was conditional?
3. What is your insurance?
4. Do you think you will get the grades?
5. Have you lived in London before?

Good thread idea :h:

1) Economics (L100)
2) Conditional: A*AA - Maths, Economics, another subject (Chemistry for me!)
3) Bristol
4) I hope so, I'm trying to get those grades :tongue:
5) Yes I have lived here all my life :smile:

Btw do you know if we can see who else is on the 2013 Undergraduates register? Like if we get in to UCL would we be able to see which other students go there? :smile:
Original post by COD_is_a_fish
Good thread idea :h:

1) Economics (L100)
2) Conditional: A*AA - Maths, Economics, another subject (Chemistry for me!)
3) Bristol
4) I hope so, I'm trying to get those grades :tongue:
5) Yes I have lived here all my life :smile:

Btw do you know if we can see who else is on the 2013 Undergraduates register? Like if we get in to UCL would we be able to see which other students go there? :smile:

That is a very good question! I have absolutely no idea :tongue:
WOOOOOOOOOO UCL.
WOOOOOOOOOOO GERMAN.
Ok I am calm now, honest :colondollar:

OMG guys we totally need an ESPS Facebook group cause I think there's only like 40 freshman Espsers a year so I feel like half of us are already on here....agh I hope my parents let me go and that I make my conditions!!

I'm thinking to major in German, minor in Norwegian, and specialize in IR because I loveeee IR and the IR class im taking in school right now is amazing.

Also congratz to everyone that's been getting into UCL and firming...can't wait for September!
1. Law LLB
2. 5,5 in AP exams
3. King's College London (unconditional)
4. I sure hope so. I know I can get at least one 5--the others, not so sure.
5. I've only visited. I'm so excited!
Original post by smcgoldrick95
OMG guys we totally need an ESPS Facebook group cause I think there's only like 40 freshman Espsers a year so I feel like half of us are already on here....agh I hope my parents let me go and that I make my conditions!!

I'm thinking to major in German, minor in Norwegian, and specialize in IR because I loveeee IR and the IR class im taking in school right now is amazing.

Also congratz to everyone that's been getting into UCL and firming...can't wait for September!

I'm not doing ESPS I'm doing German and French but hey :biggrin: ucl woo woo woo woo
Does anyone know if there's a UCL firmers FB group?
Original post by Mr Inquisitive

There is one for medics I guess.
1. Architecture
2. Unconditional
3.-
4.-
5. nope but can't wait!
Reply 110
Original post by Mr Inquisitive

Make one?
That is a very good question! I have absolutely no idea :tongue:

I wonder, cause my school has an online register where you can see all the people at the school and I think a few unis do (can't remember if Cambridge does).

I asked on the 'Ask a Current UCL Student' thread and someone replied:

there was the registry where you could type in a student's name and it would tell you the department they study in. you can't just find a list of them though. I can't seem to find it right now though (besides the one for searching for staff)

once you're on a course and enrolled on moodle you can click on participants and it'll show everyone else who is also enrolled on the same module.

Will you be staying on campus then? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
I wonder, cause my school has an online register where you can see all the people at the school and I think a few unis do (can't remember if Cambridge does).

I asked on the 'Ask a Current UCL Student' thread and someone replied:

Will you be staying on campus then? :smile:

Do you mean what accommodation do I hope to get? Or will I study at bloomsbury?
Do you mean what accommodation do I hope to get? Or will I study at bloomsbury?

Yeah, where are you studying? And what accommodation? :smile:

I'll be staying at home :tongue:
1. Law (M100)
2. A*AA
3. Warwick (AAA)
4. I sure as hell hope so. :redface:
5. I already live in London, so I guess the answer is yes :cool:
Yeah, where are you studying? And what accommodation? :smile:

I'll be staying at home :tongue:

Bloomsbury as it's languages so on main campus :smile: you?
I am hoping to go to one of the self catered ensuite accommodations near ucl. Won't be impressed if I'm in camden I want to be within walking distance.
Bloomsbury as it's languages so on main campus :smile: you?
I am hoping to go to one of the self catered ensuite accommodations near ucl. Won't be impressed if I'm in camden I want to be within walking distance.

I'll be in Drayton (economics), right next to UCL Student's Union block :smile:

I'll be staying at home; it's 45 minutes commuting to and from every day so I don't see the point of spending extra money getting accommodation when I live within a reasonable distance. Plus I can stay with family and have the comfort of my room, etc :smile:

Have you already found a place then? And did you mean on campus or just a place nearby?
Reply 117
Pharmacology bsc
AAB
Bristol/Nottingham
Reply 118
Original post by Anhedonia
Make one?

Someone responsible and stuff should do it :wink: (not me)
I'll be in Drayton (economics), right next to UCL Student's Union block :smile:

I'll be staying at home; it's 45 minutes commuting to and from every day so I don't see the point of spending extra money getting accommodation when I live within a reasonable distance. Plus I can stay with family and have the comfort of my room, etc :smile:

Have you already found a place then? And did you mean on campus or just a place nearby?

I meant languages block is on the bloomsbury campus, so Gower Street. Accommodation is just the stuff that is nearby. They don't actually have accommodation on the campus as such :smile: I couldn't do the 45 minute commute. I have a 30 min commute to college and I can only just bear that. I really don't like travelling! Yeah plus you wouldn't be guaranteed accommodation probably as you live that close.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending