The Student Room Group

Access to Postgraduate??

Hi, I'm Paola from Italy and I'd like to take a postgraduate course at Glasgow uni. I ve sent a lot of email and they told me I need at least 106 out of 110. I'm currently graduating (BA) so I don't know which score I'll end up with...

but if it is not enough are there any access courses or similar I can take in order to be considered eligible???

thank you so much!!!!!!
No. Not really. You either have what it takes to do a Postgrad degree or you dont. If your degree result isnt going to be high enough, that is No for Glasgow I'm afraid.
Reply 2
Look on the university website for the course you are looking to do. Some universities have international sections stating what grades they require, in the relevant exam in that country.
Reply 3
Original post by nyddolina
Hi, I'm Paola from Italy and I'd like to take a postgraduate course at Glasgow uni. I ve sent a lot of email and they told me I need at least 106 out of 110. I'm currently graduating (BA) so I don't know which score I'll end up with...

but if it is not enough are there any access courses or similar I can take in order to be considered eligible???

thank you so much!!!!!!

Do you have any kind of work experience? If you "only" have your bachelors and you don't meet their grade requirements you probably don't stand a chance. If you really want to do a postgraduate degree in Scotland it can be an option to take a year in the industry first to gain experience. That can make universities waive their minimum requirements because they prefer people with experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending