The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Architecture 2013 offer holders

I have an unconditional offer for Architecture at the Bartlett, anyone else in my position and want to make friends?!

I live in Leicester at the moment and i'm currently doing art foundation at Leicester College. I'm also pretty excited about moving to London in september!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by carrieconingsby1
I have an unconditional offer for Architecture at the Bartlett, anyone else in my position and want to make friends?!

I live in Leicester at the moment and i'm currently doing art foundation at Leicester College. I'm also pretty excited about moving to London in september!

Congratulations! I'm Yufan. I have a conditional offer for Architecture at the Bartlett. That means I am still working with the coursework for Art&Design(GCE). T T
I live in China, and can't wait to start my college life.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by carrieconingsby1

Hi I also have an unconditional offer and I'm on my foundation at the moment too
Really looking forward to starting :biggrin:
Reply 3
Greetings, I have a conditional offer too :smile: Very excited to go study in London, although I still need to sit the exams in 2 months or so..AAB, should be fine :wink:
Reply 4
Hi everybody! I have an unconditional offer from UCL. Currently doing the foundation diploma at the Architectural Association. Hopefully I'm staying at the AA!
Currently looking for a flat mate as I have my own flat in London. Hit me up if you're interested! :smile:
Original post by yannis.saravelos
hi guys! I will be applying to UCL next year for architecture! I'm currently in the first year of my IB course. I will be preparing my portfolio during the summer and was wondering whether you, that have already got offers, could give me some advice about what is it that they exactly want to see? How should I prepare my portfolio? I would be very pleased if you could give me some advice!
Thank you!! :smile:

Hi, I did A levels and my a grades were A* in art A in maths and B in biology. And I just found out I got a Distinction in my foundation course. My portfolio was mostly life drawing and other drawings in a range of different media like ink, pencil, oil pastel, paint etc. A lot of my work was on a very large scale so I also took loads of photos of those pieces of work and i'd recommend taking photos of yourself in the process of doing/making your work. I also had quite a few sketchbooks full of more drawing and research and stuff like that. I'd definitely recommend taking some kind of logbook where you have documented the work you were doing as well.
For an architecture portfolio the most important thing to include is drawing, they like drawing that is spontaneous but still accurate. You should also include examples of any 3D work you have done and also work that shows a degree of creativity, imagination and ingenuity.
If you want to get into ucl (where I'm going) i would seriously recommend doing a foundation course. Basically they aren't too bothered with your grades (as long as you get the required grades) what they want to see is a good portfolio and a good interview. You need quality and quantity in your portfolio and in the interview they want to see that you are committed, driven and passionate about art, design, drawing etc. Doing a foundation course makes you a lot more artistically mature and you will develop a much better portfolio (I didn't use any of my a level work in my portfolio). obviously you can still get in straight from a level but i'd recommend doing lots of work in your spare time for the interviews, for example just filling sketchbooks with observational drawings (I filled a sketchbook with drawings of hands) doing something like that shows perseverance and development.
Anyway good luck and sorry for the massive essay, i hope it helps!
If you need more help the ucl website has quite good portfolio and interview advice.

-Carrie.
Reply 6
Hi we are an architecture summer school run by Bartlet graduates
it may be something to help with preparation for the course
adaprojects.co.uk
Reply 7
Have a look at adaprojects.co.uk
it is a new series of summer school run by Bartlet graduates
Reply 8
Hi I will be studying at the bartlett next year having already done half of first year this year. I unfortunately had to interrupt studies part way through. Any questions ask away................

+ See you in 7 weeks
Reply 9
Original post by hcabarch
Hi I will be studying at the bartlett next year having already done half of first year this year. I unfortunately had to interrupt studies part way through. Any questions ask away................

+ See you in 7 weeks

Do you know if the Bartlett are really firm with their grade requirements? Are they okay with equivalent, e.g. They ask for AAB, but you get A*BB? Thanks!!!
Reply 10
Original post by XanaxFiend
Do you know if the Bartlett are really firm with their grade requirements? Are they okay with equivalent, e.g. They ask for AAB, but you get A*BB? Thanks!!!

I believe it is different for different people. The bartlett process for application is soooo long with an interview, portfolio review, two statements and a drawing / photography task. An independent panel takes it all in and has a score on how much they thing you're suitable (how much they want you) on the course so they take things from there. The sheet the interviewer is writing on has a numbered box 1-5 on how much they believe you're suitable.

Good luck! Let me know how it went!
Reply 11
https://www.facebook.com/groups/221973781291599/

Facebook group for those that are actually coming to UCL in September for Architecture.
How do people acquire unconditional offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending