The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Diagnostic Radiography

hey, is anyone else waiting for a reply from hertfordshire for radiography. i have had my interview already so im just waiting for a reply. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Emma122
hey, is anyone else waiting for a reply from hertfordshire for radiography. i have had my interview already so im just waiting for a reply. :smile:

hey emma122, I have got selection day coming up soon for diagnostic radiography at Hertfordshire uni. could you please tell me what sort of questions do they ask for group discussion, activities and how's maths and English test like?/

thank you :smile:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by csid
hey emma122, I have got selection day coming up soon for diagnostic radiography at Hertfordshire uni. could you please tell me what sort of questions do they ask for group discussion, activities and how's maths and English test like?/

thank you :smile:

i actually quite enjoyed the selection day, first you have a presentation, then they split you up into groups and one group goes to interview and the other goes to exam. i cant really tell you much about the exam i cant really remember but the interview is very relaxed and you go in groups for the interview, they ask you what you did on work experience and you do activities, much nicer than the one to one interviews. they also ask you about a time in which you had to care for someone. although the group interviews may differ so i cant garantee they will ask the same questions

what date is the interview? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Emma122
i actually quite enjoyed the selection day, first you have a presentation, then they split you up into groups and one group goes to interview and the other goes to exam. i cant really tell you much about the exam i cant really remember but the interview is very relaxed and you go in groups for the interview, they ask you what you did on work experience and you do activities, much nicer than the one to one interviews. they also ask you about a time in which you had to care for someone. although the group interviews may differ so i cant garantee they will ask the same questions

what date is the interview? :smile:

thanks for your help :wink: my interview is at 10th of April. I am pretty nervous about it cz this is the only uni left for me to start my diagnostic radiography course for this year. hope maths n eng test is not hard lol

Thanks again :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by csid
thanks for your help :wink: my interview is at 10th of April. I am pretty nervous about it cz this is the only uni left for me to start my diagnostic radiography course for this year. hope maths n eng test is not hard lol

Thanks again :smile:

hope you get in, i failed to unfortunatly, im now looking into extra. you will be fine im sure, its actually quite fun :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Emma122
hope you get in, i failed to unfortunatly, im now looking into extra. you will be fine im sure, its actually quite fun :tongue:

Ohh! am sorry to hear that, which unis did you apply to?
Reply 6
Original post by csid
Ohh! am sorry to hear that, which unis did you apply to?

well i applied for:

southbank
christ church
hertfordshire
city
portsmouth

i did get an interview for 4 out of 5 of the uni so that was good but i suppose with all the people going in for it people must have had higher qualifications then i have.

what universities have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Emma122
well i applied for:

southbank
christ church
hertfordshire
city
portsmouth

i did get an interview for 4 out of 5 of the uni so that was good but i suppose with all the people going in for it people must have had higher qualifications then i have.

what universities have you applied for? :smile:

i applied for:
christ church
hertfordshire
sheffield hallam
portsmouth and
cardiff

i did not get through after interview at christ church, portsmouth offered me place on psychology instead without interview, sheffield hallam and cardiff jus rejected me a week ago (no interview).

hope you get place in extras :smile:

is this the first time you applied for d. radiography?
Reply 8
Original post by csid
i applied for:
christ church
hertfordshire
sheffield hallam
portsmouth and
cardiff

i did not get through after interview at christ church, portsmouth offered me place on psychology instead without interview, sheffield hallam and cardiff jus rejected me a week ago (no interview).

hope you get place in extras :smile:

is this the first time you applied for d. radiography?

yes i supose you are in a similar position, its not to be taken personally though, if you think about it with it being paid for, people are going to be more likely to go in for it.

it was my first time applying for radiography, so did portsmouth say you were not suitably for radiography but put you in for psychology, because im waiting for portsmouth to get back to me on alternative courses they can offer.

i hope i get a place in extra to, i have decided to go down the biomedical science route, i am currently trying to find out from 7 unis whether my qualifictation are suitable. :smile:

is this your first time applying as well ?
Reply 9
Original post by Emma122
yes i supose you are in a similar position, its not to be taken personally though, if you think about it with it being paid for, people are going to be more likely to go in for it.

it was my first time applying for radiography, so did portsmouth say you were not suitably for radiography but put you in for psychology, because im waiting for portsmouth to get back to me on alternative courses they can offer.

i hope i get a place in extra to, i have decided to go down the biomedical science route, i am currently trying to find out from 7 unis whether my qualifictation are suitable. :smile:

is this your first time applying as well ?

i guess uni fees have risen so people are more likely to go for the courses that are funded even if they think its not the right path for them. yea it is my first time applying for radiography.

portsmouth jus sent me an email saying we r sorry that we cant offer you place on ur chosen course however we have decided to offer you place on psychology looking from your current qualifications.

thats good atleast you know what you r doin apart from radiography:smile:, i havenot decided yet what else to do if i dont get in to radiography course this year.

do you mind if i ask you what qualifications you have??
Reply 10
Original post by csid
i guess uni fees have risen so people are more likely to go for the courses that are funded even if they think its not the right path for them. yea it is my first time applying for radiography.

portsmouth jus sent me an email saying we r sorry that we cant offer you place on ur chosen course however we have decided to offer you place on psychology looking from your current qualifications.

thats good atleast you know what you r doin apart from radiography:smile:, i havenot decided yet what else to do if i dont get in to radiography course this year.

do you mind if i ask you what qualifications you have??

yeah, well it took a while to decide which route i wanted to go, the courses i am doing currently are:

applied science subsisidory diploma

health and social diploma

if i get the grades i am expected to i wil get abou 360 ucas points, but as i said a lot of people are doing teh sciences at a level, my maths let me down on that. only got a C or i would have done biology i think.

what qualifications do you have.? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Emma122
yeah, well it took a while to decide which route i wanted to go, the courses i am doing currently are:

applied science subsisidory diploma

health and social diploma

if i get the grades i am expected to i wil get abou 360 ucas points, but as i said a lot of people are doing teh sciences at a level, my maths let me down on that. only got a C or i would have done biology i think.

what qualifications do you have.? :smile:

Iam doing access to healthcare atm which consists biology, psychology and sociology with gcse maths and english. i wanted to do physics as well but my local colleges dont do it.
Reply 12
Original post by csid
Iam doing access to healthcare atm which consists biology, psychology and sociology with gcse maths and english. i wanted to do physics as well but my local colleges dont do it.

that sounds good, i think access to healthcare is something i would have liked to have done, especially if it includes psychology, but unfortunatly my colllege does not do it, strange that your colleges dont do physics, i would have thought it would be a main subject, are you in college, or are you doing an open college.
Original post by Emma122

eemmm if u don't mind me asking what grade did u get?
Reply 14
Original post by imconfused
eemmm if u don't mind me asking what grade did u get?

im not sure what you mean by grade?
Original post by Emma122
im not sure what you mean by grade?

sorry i meant what grade alevels?
Reply 16
Original post by imconfused
sorry i meant what grade alevels?

oh well i dont actually know yet, im still doing them, and im doing btecs but i am probably going to get distinctions.
Original post by Emma122
oh well i dont actually know yet, im still doing them, and im doing btecs but i am probably going to get distinctions.

okay thanks for ur reply :smile:
Reply 18
Hi everyone! I'm really freaking out about results day! I have firmed hertfordshire and insured london south bank and i know getting just one offer is amazing since two of my friends who also applied for diagnostic radiography got no offers i was just wondering if anyone knew how much leeway hertfordshire might give on their entry requirements? I will definitely get 260-28 ucas points but they are asking for 300 :/ i spoke to a student who got accepted for sept 2012 and she got in with 280 points through clearing without any interviews so maybe there is hope? I really wanna get into hertfordshire i love it so much! If anyone else has firmed hertfordshire what grades are you predicted? I want to know if i'm aiming too high compared to other candidates. Please reply guys, thanks in advance and hope to see you guys in hertfordshire in september!xxx
Reply 19
Hey guys, If anyone is interested, a friend of mine started a forum purely for radiography students. :smile:

http://www.student-radiographer.co.uk/forum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending