The Student Room Group

GUYS... Makeup on other half preference?

Not too sure where to put this thread...

BUT... Just wondering exactly how much makeup a guy would prefer on their other half. I read this article on the DailyMail (Yes I read the dailymail) and I was left curious...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2300216/How-make-men-REALLY-like.html

I'd probably go for the sultry look, or the understated glam look depending on where I was... If I'm in work I have my own look, the "I've had 3 hours sleep and I know its obvious" look.

Opinions? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Personally i like plenty of blusher and eye makeup on a girl.
Reply 2
Original post by Rakas21
Personally i like plenty of blusher and eye makeup on a girl.

Aslong as her skin tone resembles that of a human and not an alien? (aka not bright orange etc)
Reply 3
I hate red lipstick on women for some reason
Reply 4
I have nothing useful to contribute, other than the fact that in most of the pictures of her in make-up she looks like an old man in drag...
Reply 5
Original post by Mel1215
Aslong as her skin tone resembles that of a human and not an alien? (aka not bright orange etc)

I thought it was foundation that made girls Tango, but yes i like really pink cheeks on smooth skin rather than no blusher and brighter than the sun like some girls.
Reply 6
So long as she doesn't look like she was next to a make up factory when it blew up I'm fine.
Original post by yaboy
I hate red lipstick on women for some reason

I don't wear it to go and pull guys, quite the opposite in fact seeing as I wouldn't want to leave any romantic encounters I had covered in scarlet :lol: I wear it for me, I like the whole 50's look.
So long as they don't end up like this:

joker.jpeg

:tongue:
Seriously though, I prefer girls with quite minimal make up. If forced to pick, I'd say that the lady's 2nd pic is probably the nicest, the rest are terrible.

Eye-liner/mascara is nice when used properly, and as Rakas said, blusher and light pink-ish lipgloss/lipstick is best. I hate dark red, bright red or maroon or brown colour lipstick.

In my mind though, a lot of girls look really pretty with no or very little make up. If they've got a pretty smile thats friendly and nice eyes then I'm already won over - no need for anything else!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
For me, it's all about the eyes. Panda eyes are all I'd want from a girl, lipstick is a turn-off to me as well.
I'm not a guy but still...

I wear foundation that is my skin colour and then transparent powder. No eyelashes, no coloured lip and minimal pink blusher.

I don't understand why girls wear such dark make up that's not their skin colour...

I don't even want to think about the guy's bed sheets the next day after pulling her. Hope there never white.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 12
I saw this article this morning haha. It made me laugh because she looks ugly in all the photos.

It really depends on the occasion and the girl.
Eu natural can be awesome but it doesn't suit all girls. I hate it when it's plastered on. Has to be subtle in my opinion. Although heavy eyeshadow and lipstick can look hot on the right girl.
I never wear make-up (only sunscreen/lip balm etc.) but I take good care of my skin etc. and I don't have a problem attracting guys :dontknow:
Simply, if I can tell she's wearing make-up, it's too much.
Original post by superduper9
So long as they don't end up like this:

joker.jpeg

:tongue:

Do I really look that bad?
:frown:
I don't mind how much make up they use, so long as it's not noticeable that they are caked.
Original post by The.Joker
Do I really look that bad?
:frown:

Uh oh ..... how do I get myself out of this one!

Are you a Mr. or Miss. Joker? (I hope that question doesn't dig me a bigger hole!)
Original post by superduper9
Uh oh ..... how do I get myself out of this one!

Are you a Mr. or Miss. Joker? (I hope that question doesn't dig me a bigger hole!)

Guess...

:colone:
Reply 19
Usually I think most girls look better with well done non OTT make up. As long as it's not too noticeable then there's no problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending