The Student Room Group

He says I broke his trust

Anon please.

I've been with my bf almost a year. He's my first proper real relationship and guy that I've ever really cared about.

He rang me last night to say he didn't want to see me anymore because I had lost his trust. I went skiing with my uni a while back and spoke to him drunk a few times. I also kissed a gay friend when drunk on this trip.
Bf was unhappy about this and gave me a warning, I immediately apologised, he then took it back and said he was being over sensitive.

I've had insecurities in out relationship since it began - he didn't want a relationship but changed his mind when I walked away from us.
He also is not very open or forward about any feelings for me - he can't say I love you (not something he says apparently)

I really love him so much. But I act stupid because I'm so paranoid about losing him. I was really stupid at the weekend - he never lets me hang out with his friends and he was going out, I told him I felt separated from his life so he said I could come. I drank too much and ended up dancing with a different guy after wandering off to find the toilets. I was so drunk but I know I did it to see if he cares (that logic is messed up right) His friend saw and told him. He was very mad and asked me why and told me he does care and I'm silly if I can't see it.

We went back to normal for a few days but he called me to end it. We talked for 3 hours and he says he doesn't know what to do or think...maybe he should end it now rather than prolong breaking up. He said he might give me a second chance. We haven't talk since then. I don't know what to do other than give him space.
Reply 1
You kissed another guy, then ended up dancing with yet another guy.

Sort yourself out is all I can say.
Original post by Anonymous
Anon please.

I've been with my bf almost a year. He's my first proper real relationship and guy that I've ever really cared about.

He rang me last night to say he didn't want to see me anymore because I had lost his trust. I went skiing with my uni a while back and spoke to him drunk a few times. I also kissed a gay friend when drunk on this trip.
Bf was unhappy about this and gave me a warning, I immediately apologised, he then took it back and said he was being over sensitive.

I've had insecurities in out relationship since it began - he didn't want a relationship but changed his mind when I walked away from us.
He also is not very open or forward about any feelings for me - he can't say I love you (not something he says apparently)

I really love him so much. But I act stupid because I'm so paranoid about losing him. I was really stupid at the weekend - he never lets me hang out with his friends and he was going out, I told him I felt separated from his life so he said I could come. I drank too much and ended up dancing with a different guy after wandering off to find the toilets. I was so drunk but I know I did it to see if he cares (that logic is messed up right) His friend saw and told him. He was very mad and asked me why and told me he does care and I'm silly if I can't see it.

We went back to normal for a few days but he called me to end it. We talked for 3 hours and he says he doesn't know what to do or think...maybe he should end it now rather than prolong breaking up. He said he might give me a second chance. We haven't talk since then. I don't know what to do other than give him space.

To be honest this relationship sounds like a mess, there's a lot of mind games going on by the sounds of it and if he can't be honest with how he feels about you then you're setting yourself up for a lot of heartache.
Reply 3
I would be mad at my bf if he got upset with my dancing with other guys, but kissing someone else is off the table!

We go clubbing together quite a lot and you need some 'separate time' just dancing with other friends, if you're just gonna dance together or kiss or whatever, why go out?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Azzura
I would be mad at my bf if he got upset with my dancing with other guys, but kissing someone else is off the table!

We go clubbing together quite a lot and you need some 'separate time' just dancing with other friends, if you're just gonna dance together or kiss or whatever, why go out?

Depends what you call dancing, especially in a night club.

Sounds like the OP's boyfriend is just very protective of his feelings or more down to earth in general.

Not every relationship is meant to work out (most in fact do not) so OP, I think if neither of you are really getting anything positive from it but paranoia, distrust etc then coming to an amicable and mature parting of ways is best.
Reply 5
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Depends what you call dancing, especially in a night club.

This is true, I mean normal dancing, nothing really sexual or anything.
Reply 6
Maybe you should lay off the alcopops, just a suggestion.
Original post by Azzura

Why not go out?
Reply 8
Anon please.

Is he your boyfriend, or your dad?
Reply 9
Lol at giving you a warning XD

But really, he has good reason not to trust you, and you have good reason to break up with him - he's not giving you the assurance you want, and you're going to end up sleeping with someone else in an attempt to get him to admit his feelings.
Reply 10
I really don't want to break up.

I know I need to drink less and have more faith in our relationship..

The question is what do I need to do to make it work?
Reply 11
I'm confused as to whether the OP is a guy or a girl!

I'm guessing girl but not 100% certain.
Reply 12
Original post by Ataloss
I'm confused as to whether the OP is a guy or a girl!

I'm guessing girl but not 100% certain.

Girl

There's nothing you can do to force him to trust you again. Even if he forgives you there's a massive difference between forgiving and forgetting, I know that I could never trust my OH if he acted like you did.
Reply 14
Original post by RachaelBee
There's nothing you can do to force him to trust you again. Even if he forgives you there's a massive difference between forgiving and forgetting, I know that I could never trust my OH if he acted like you did.

Do you think I should just give up hope its going to work out okay?
Reply 15

Either give him time or leave him. You're not going to get him to properly commit to you by pressing him, and especially not by trying to piss him off with other guys. Whether you think he is worth gambling that time on is another matter, but I think those are your options - you're waiting for him to do something, and he has to do it willingly.
Do you think I should just give up hope its going to work out okay?

It sounds harsh but yes, at the time it feels so awful but I've been there and done that with the whole drama and lack of trust and I eventually I just gave up wanting to fight for a relationship at all. There's always someone else out there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending