The Student Room Group

Clubbing Advice?

Soo it's my first time going clubbing tomorrow (yaaaaaaaay) and i was wondering if anyone had any advice? literally on anything, how to dance, most cost effective booze, how to chat to people... or anything else you can think of :biggrin:
Cheers guys! xoxo

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by username_username_
Soo it's my first time going clubbing tomorrow (yaaaaaaaay) and i was wondering if anyone had any advice? literally on anything, how to dance, most cost effective booze, how to chat to people... or anything else you can think of :biggrin:
Cheers guys! xoxo

Get smashed before hand or it will be rubbish. Prepare for shockingly bad music. If you're too sober, you'll wish you'd have gone the pub :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Drink if you want but know your limits, don't be pressured into more than you know you can handle. If you're a girl and wearing heels, always always always bring a change of flats. Regarding dancing don't jump around but have good rhythm and be careful not to knock into others on the dance floor (clubs are generally quite crowded, plus drunk people are quite easy to piss off :tongue:). It's hard to chat to people in clubs generally you need to have your mouth next to their ear lol (this goes if you're trying to pull as well!). Oh and don't dance right next to the speakers, my friend did once when very drunk, damaged her hearing :frown:
Original post by 321zero
Get smashed before hand or it will be rubbish. Prepare for shockingly bad music. If you're too sober, you'll wish you'd have gone the pub :rolleyes:

Haha you always so pessimistic? :P yeah we're having pre's :smile:
Reply 4
Cheers guys! xoxo

Like the previous poster said, pre-drink otherwise it won't be as good.

In terms of dancing, just make sure you try move in time with the music otherwise you'll just look stupid.. But then if you're drunk you won't care.

Clubs aren't known for their 'cost effective' drinks unless it's a student bar or abroad somewhere. If you want what will get you drunk quickest then perhaps go for shots vodka/tequila or maybe get a bottle of cheap ass champagne.. That works for me.

Unless you're in the smoking area, it will be too loud to chat to people so don't bother haha.

If you're half decent looking, no doubt numerous guys will try pulling you some way or another. Either embrace that and go for it or tell them to **** off.

Stick with your mates. Don't want to be wandering home drunk on your own or anything.
Reply 5
Haha you always so pessimistic? :P yeah we're having pre's :smile:

Nope, I'm just a third year who is telling you this from experience.
Reply 6
Cheers guys! xoxo

Have fun and get mortal, simples :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Use a heavier club?
Reply 8
buy a ****ty phone to put your sim in and dont take all your cash out with you to stop overspending, the amount of times ive woken up with a lost phone and no money is just depressing
Original post by Albino
buy a ****ty phone to put your sim in and dont take all your cash out with you to stop overspending, the amount of times ive woken up with a lost phone and no money is just depressing

What if your expensive phone has a micro sim, it's gonna be hard to transfer it to a nokia 3310 :sad:.

Still though, @OP, you will have fun, but IMO, pubs are better if you wanna chat to others.

IF you wanna get wrecked, go clubbing!
Don't drink a drink unless you've been watching it since it was poured.
you can't chat with people, it'll be so loud you won't even be able to hear yourself think. That's why i hate clubs, along with annoying drunk men, dancing and sweatiness *bah humbug* make sure you're ****ed and you'll probably enjoy it
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Albino

Second that.. I just bring 20 dips and leave my phone at home now :biggrin:

Lost my iphone 4s .. no insurance either
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Clubbing is so expensive. =/

£5 entry, travel costs, pre drinks costs, then drinks in the club.

Bloody hell
Reply 14
Original post by tehforum

Bloody hell

I could go out with 15 quid and have a cracker night.

£4 - 1/4 glass vodka (pin it before you go in)
£5 - entry
Change: Lift home

Bloody hell

Well I went to Yates in Leicester Square with my cousins and I did have to travel by tube of course, so that was like 1.50, then the entry was free :cool: (where did you head to brah?). We didn't pre-drink sadly, but got wrecked with the amount of Sambucca we had.
You should not be partying in the first place -_-
Look great!
Be careful!
Have fun!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 18
Cheers guys! xoxo

Is it your first time drinking?

Original post by James A
Well I went to Yates in Leicester Square with my cousins and I did have to travel by tube of course, so that was like 1.50, then the entry was free :cool: (where did you head to brah?). We didn't pre-drink sadly, but got wrecked with the amount of Sambucca we had.

Check sig :wink:
Original post by madfish
I could go out with 15 quid and have a cracker night.

£4 - 1/4 glass vodka (pin it before you go in)
£5 - entry
Change: Lift home

In these times, maybe a hipflask would be economical!
Is it your first time drinking?

Check sig :wink:

In these times, maybe a hipflask would be economical!

No it's not my first time drinking -_- yeah but i'm a girl whos taking a TINY bag so sneaking a hipflask would have to be very ninja-like :')

Quick Reply