The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Man do you guys remember this...

[video="youtube;ABcooDMRRD8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcooDMRRD8[/video] :laugh:
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't really think the Dolphins are 'offseason champions' as much as people make out. Aside from Wallace who definitely we overpaid for (but then again, everyone big more or less is overpaid in Free Agency), we replaced Dansby and Burnett with Ellerbe and Wheeler - 2 younger more or less as good (on paper) players that actually cost 2 million less in cap space. We signed Brandon Gibson and Dustin Keller (1 year deal to replace Fasano who went for more money to Kansas City). Big woop.

We let a guy who when drafted was the highest paid O-Lineman ever go too. And rightly so too, he's not the player we drafted anymore. Still a good lineman when healthy, but I'm glad we didn't keep him - I didn't want him. We've signed injury prone linemen to big deals in the past and it's blown up in our face - Jake Grove and Justin Smiley spring to mind. Long said he was in the best shape he'd been in ages recently - but he said it before last season too, and he ended the season again on injured reserve. Was worried by our last ditch attempts to resign him because he's on the decline. That said though I like Jake and hope it works out nonetheless, his first 3 seasons were great for us after all.

Think Wallace is a good move in that he takes the top off a defense, and Tannehill was decent going deep. Should help Hartline, Bess, Keller and Gibson get free too. Not to mention opening up the box for the running game if Lamar Miller is as good as people seem to think.
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
I don't really think the Dolphins are 'offseason champions' as much as people make out. Aside from Wallace who definitely we overpaid for (but then again, everyone big more or less is overpaid in Free Agency), we replaced Dansby and Burnett with Ellerbe and Wheeler - 2 younger more or less as good (on paper) players that actually cost 2 million less in cap space. We signed Brandon Gibson and Dustin Keller (1 year deal to replace Fasano who went for more money to Kansas City). Big woop.

We let a guy who when drafted was the highest paid O-Lineman ever go too. And rightly so too, he's not the player we drafted anymore. Still a good lineman when healthy, but I'm glad we didn't keep him - I didn't want him. We've signed injury prone linemen to big deals in the past and it's blown up in our face - Jake Grove and Justin Smiley spring to mind. Long said he was in the best shape he'd been in ages recently - but he said it before last season too, and he ended the season again on injured reserve. Was worried by our last ditch attempts to resign him because he's on the decline. That said though I like Jake and hope it works out nonetheless, his first 3 seasons were great for us after all.

Think Wallace is a good move in that he takes the top off a defense, and Tannehill was decent going deep. Should help Hartline, Bess, Keller and Gibson get free too. Not to mention opening up the box for the running game if Lamar Miller is as good as people seem to think.

Seahawks are the offseason champs haha! I like Miami's moves should get a wildcard next season.
Bit late but Jake Long, woohoo!

I know he hasn't been the premier left tackle he used to be recently but I'm confident he can regain that form. We put him through a rigorous physical so I'm sure he has a clean bill of health. On top of that, we have a fantastic O-line coach that will definitely get the best out of him.

Just need a good draft and we'll have improved significantly as a team.
Original post by Scott129
Bit late but Jake Long, woohoo!

I know he hasn't been the premier left tackle he used to be recently but I'm confident he can regain that form. We put him through a rigorous physical so I'm sure he has a clean bill of health. On top of that, we have a fantastic O-line coach that will definitely get the best out of him.

Just need a good draft and we'll have improved significantly as a team.

Rams could make a push for over .500

Hard in the NFC West though!
Original post by Authority_Song
Rams could make a push for over .500

Hard in the NFC West though!

True, it is a strong division. Having said that, our division record last year was really strong (can't remember if it was 5-0-1 or 4-1-1). Both the Seahawks and 49ers have improved since then though. Certainly no chance of play-offs.
True, it is a strong division. Having said that, our division record last year was really strong (can't remember if it was 5-0-1 or 4-1-1). Both the Seahawks and 49ers have improved since then though. Certainly no chance of play-offs.

It was 4-1-1. Best record in the division!
Reply 5507
stupid fake field goal and legatron 58 and 60 yarders in the same game
Can't wait for the draft. Managed to find lots of people to talk to about NFL in Australia unlike in the UK. Jersey's however are an absolute rip off...
Original post by Malevolent
Can't wait for the draft. Managed to find lots of people to talk to about NFL in Australia unlike in the UK. Jersey's however are an absolute rip off...

They're just a rip off in general, but it's pretty bad in the UK. No knowledge of the USA.
Original post by Authority_Song
They're just a rip off in general, but it's pretty bad in the UK. No knowledge of the USA.

Yeah its getting harder and harder to collect jersey's. Only cheap if the player has left the team or was released. Pretty disgusting some of the prices yet I still shamefully pay :ashamed2:
Made me laugh :laugh:

480007_438358616239102_907414807_n.jpg
Michael Jenkins REALLY?!? If hes part of our WR corp we are seriously screwed...

Better be training camp fodder.
It's getting exciting! Less than a month to go! :biggrin:

Been trying to contain my excitement by reading s**tloads of mock drafts. A lot of people have the Rams taking Tavon Austin at 16. From what I understand of him though, he's more of a slot guy. And we've just signed Jared Cook, who operates as a hybrid TE/WR in a similar position and I can't see both of them working well together. As much as he's an exciting talent, I'd rather take a WR in the later rounds. Kenny Stills and Robert Woods, in particular, look fascinating.

Did anyone see "Game Changers" on NFL Network the other night? If you didn't, I recommend it. Great show.
It's getting exciting! Less than a month to go! :biggrin:

Been trying to contain my excitement by reading s**tloads of mock drafts. A lot of people have the Rams taking Tavon Austin at 16. From what I understand of him though, he's more of a slot guy. And we've just signed Jared Cook, who operates as a hybrid TE/WR in a similar position and I can't see both of them working well together. As much as he's an exciting talent, I'd rather take a WR in the later rounds. Kenny Stills and Robert Woods, in particular, look fascinating.

Did anyone see "Game Changers" on NFL Network the other night? If you didn't, I recommend it. Great show.

Reminds me of Harvin but looks even more electrifying. He has the speed to take it home anytime he touches the ball. May need to bulk up a bit though. Robert Woods I'm not completely sold on but then again if the Patriots picked him up in the second id be pretty happy.
Reminds me of Harvin but looks even more electrifying. He has the speed to take it home anytime he touches the ball. May need to bulk up a bit though. Robert Woods I'm not completely sold on but then again if the Patriots picked him up in the second id be pretty happy.

More electrifying than Harvin? Wow, high praise indeed. I'm not sure I'd go that far myself :tongue:

I just don't see him as an outside WR, which is what we need. Brian Quick was meant to be the no.1 guy but he hasn't panned out just yet.
Reply 5517
Michael Jenkins REALLY?!? If hes part of our WR corp we are seriously screwed...

Better be training camp fodder.

I wonder what the plan is here really. :facepalm2:
More electrifying than Harvin? Wow, high praise indeed. I'm not sure I'd go that far myself :tongue:

I just don't see him as an outside WR, which is what we need. Brian Quick was meant to be the no.1 guy but he hasn't panned out just yet.

Yup I think he is more electrifying. I saw alot of Harvin as a gators fan but damn something about Austin makes me think this kid will be special.

Original post by R-KAM
I wonder what the plan is here really. :facepalm2:

I think hopefully it's just training camp fodder. Will not make the squad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seattle traded Matt Flynn to Oakland.

Latest