The Student Room Group

EX-GF...dilemma

so i bumped into my ex earlier today and for people who have bumped into their exes after not seeing them for a looong time must know how awkward it gets...well anyways after the general chit chat, out of nowhere she invites me to a friends party and in all the awkwardness i kinda said i'll go with her but now thinking about it i dont feel like its a good idea; i just dont wanna give her the wrong idea...so basically my question is what should i do, should i stand her up or what can i do to show that i just wanna be friends :confused:

p.s she isn't on FB and i dont keep my exes numbers so no direct way of contacting her either unless its through someone

thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Just don't show up. If she's still interested in you then she'll get the idea that you aren't interested in her.
Reply 2
Original post by Mycroft Holmes
Just don't show up. If she's still interested in you then she'll get the idea that you aren't interested in her.

i dont wanna seem rude though, it has crossed my mind, not gonna lie
maybe go, but just make it clear you're not after anything? be civil etc, but don't be too friendly
Reply 4
I walked past my ex last week after 2-3 years.

didn't really see the need to interact - she was very clearly trying to avoid looking at me I just laughed and strolled on.

:dontknow:
Reply 5
Just go. You'll make it clear at the party that you don't want anything to start up with her again by just chatting to other girls.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
If I may suggest, and not being rude but:

Why do you just assume and jump to the conclusion she is expecting/desiring something more than closure and establishing a good relationship (platonic) with you by inviting you to the party?

It's not like she invited you out to a one-on-one meet up. It's a party, with other people. She might be seeing someone else anyway you just don't know.

Go if you want to go, don't if you don't but don't jump to conclusions just yet.
Really don't get why you jump to the conclusion that she wants something to happen. My ex and I are friends. Maybe she just wants the same?
Reply 8
Original post by Future African game vet
maybe go, but just make it clear you're not after anything? be civil etc, but don't be too friendly

Original post by Aries1992
Just go. You'll make it clear at the party that you don't want anything to start up with her again by just chatting to other girls.

maybe i can find a girl in time to take to the party :tongue:

Original post by manderton
I walked past my ex last week after 2-3 years.

didn't really see the need to interact - she was very clearly trying to avoid looking at me I just laughed and strolled on.

:dontknow:

believe me i know how awkward it is bumping into exes you havent kept in contact with...and it wasnt me she came running up to me and hugged me, took me by surprise really

Original post by Studentus-anonymous
If I may suggest, and not being rude but:

Why do you just assume and jump to the conclusion she is expecting/desiring something more than closure and establishing a good relationship (platonic) with you by inviting you to the party?

It's not like she invited you out to a one-on-one meet up. It's a party, with other people. She might be seeing someone else anyway you just don't know.

Go if you want to go, don't if you don't but don't jump to conclusions just yet.

Original post by AvocatDuDiable
Really don't get why you jump to the conclusion that she wants something to happen. My ex and I are friends. Maybe she just wants the same?

i know im gettin way ahead of myself but i dunno the way she was talkin to me just sent the vibe that she still thought there was something there, i dunno maybe im overthinking it
Reply 9
any mutual friends so you can get her number, also if you have no way of contacting her are you sure she actually expects you to come, or does she assume you still have her number
Reply 10
Original post by abbii
any mutual friends so you can get her number, also if you have no way of contacting her are you sure she actually expects you to come, or does she assume you still have her number

yhh i think i do, ill have to ask around...and i guess she assumes i still do lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending