The Student Room Group
Original post by getfunky!
it seems quite ..cold, the previous version felt warm/welcoming.

New episodes:jive:

Yes I agree - I don't like the new version at all. But I think it's meant to reflect how the Doctor is a lot more bitter this half of the series just after losing Amy and Rory - his costumes have changed too. He definitely didn't seem like the Doctor who wants 12 jammie dodgers and a fez to work on some maps (sorry - love that line!)

So excited for Saturday!!!! Anyone else seen the prequel to the first episode, the one with the Doctor sitting on the swings with a little girl?
Anyone else nervous about the similarities between Clara and Amy? :unsure: I'm not sure I can take another manic pixie dream girl from Moffat...
I'm away for two weeks from tomorrow, so no Doctor Who until I get back. I could cry. :cry2:. (On the plus side, I should be grateful to my parents that I'm going on holiday. But still. :cry:).

Original post by Watch Key Phone
Anyone else nervous about the similarities between Clara and Amy? :unsure: I'm not sure I can take another manic pixie dream girl from Moffat...

I thought in the Christmas episode she had quite her own character, but I noticed in the trailer for the Bells of St. John she even sounded like Amy at one point. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt though.
Reply 9283
Original post by Rascacielos
but I noticed in the trailer for the Bells of St. John she even sounded like Amy at one point. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt though.

Are you talking about when she says something like 'tell me what's going on'? If you are I thought she sounded so much like Amy. I don't think she will be like Amy though because Moffat doesn't usually cop-out like that!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
Original post by ReeceJ
Are you talking about when she says something like 'tell me what's going on'? If you are I thought she sounded so much like Amy. I don't think she will be like Amy though because Moffat doesn't usually cop-out like that!

Yes! That bit! I wondered for a minute whether it was intentional and there's something mysterious going on.
Original post by Rascacielos
I'm away for two weeks from tomorrow, so no Doctor Who until I get back. I could cry. :cry2:. (On the plus side, I should be grateful to my parents that I'm going on holiday. But still. :cry:).

I thought in the Christmas episode she had quite her own character, but I noticed in the trailer for the Bells of St. John she even sounded like Amy at one point. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt though.

Join the club!! Also away for the first two episodes!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
:colonhash:
Original post by Abbieastoria
Would be wicked if she was river song or jack harness daughter or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure Jack's daughter wouldn't be so cheery, mourning the loss of her own son.

RIP Steven :frown:
Original post by The Mad Dog
This one sounds particularly good.

>.> that's just an old Eccleston era book.
Can't believe I've never found this thread before!

I've often wondered why do so many people dislike Moffat?
Reply 9290
Because of River Song and the nonsensical and boring plots.
Original post by Mess.
Because of River Song and the nonsensical and boring plots.

Fair enough, I never liked River Song either-although I've enjoyed most of the episodes since her took over from RTD (except obvious ones like Dinosaurs On a Space Ship).
His writing has been a letdown.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk i am so excited for tomorrow :biggrin:
Original post by MusicMaestro97

The two main criticisms I've seen against him are a) Bad writing. That he overcomplicates things and is just trying to show off, which ends up making it difficult to watch and unnecessarily flashy. b) Sexism and misogyny, characterised in the way that he writes female characters and male/female dynamics. Also there are some pretty dodgy quotes from him in interviews about how "the fact is that women are needy", things like that.
Original post by MusicMaestro97

He had an excellent first season but its all been downhill since then.Although, Clara does seem promising and the Christmas special was excellent.He has took the micky out on the Daleks with Asylum of the Daleks, which included insane Daleks that acted saner than the sane Daleks and the whole episode is down there with the worst of all time and was so boring the only good thing was Clara.Clara is completely different to Amy She can speak on the Doctor's level.Asylum olf the Daleks was really bad because I have never really hated a Dalek episode before.Steven Moffat appeared to not understand how the Daleks and Doctor interact, they lost all their synchronicity they had in Victory of the Daleks and pretty much every other Dalek episode.There is a big problem with Moffat making things far too complex for viewers to understand, I still don't understand a small part of the Christmas episode I think it was when they got out of a window or something it didn't really make sense and this whole arc is doing rings around my head and he still hasn't said who blew up the tardis. Another main reason is that He has delayed episodes of the show and lied to fans making them wait longer for less episodes, we are now a full year being pretty much and he said that the whole point was to make fans wait less time for the next episode but we waited all the way from the second last Christmas episode to last August for 5 episodes and the quality of the 5 episodes was pretty much mediocre, the only reasonably good one was The Angels take Manhattan.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Watch Key Phone
The two main criticisms I've seen against him are a) Bad writing. That he overcomplicates things and is just trying to show off, which ends up making it difficult to watch and unnecessarily flashy. b) Sexism and misogyny, characterised in the way that he writes female characters and male/female dynamics. Also there are some pretty dodgy quotes from him in interviews about how "the fact is that women are needy", things like that.

I haven't seen any sexism in the show care to elaborate:confused:
I've tried so hard to think who Clara might be and I can't

Who can die twice in doctor who and come back to life other than Rory, or perhaps River

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dalek1099
He had an excellent first season but its all been downhill since then.Although, Clara does seem promising and the Christmas special was excellent.He has took the micky out on the Daleks with Asylum of the Daleks, which included insane Daleks that acted saner than the sane Daleks and the whole episode is down there with the worst of all time and was so boring the only good thing was Clara.Clara is completely different to Amy She can speak on the Doctor's level.Asylum olf the Daleks was really bad because I have never really hated a Dalek episode before.Steven Moffat appeared to not understand how the Daleks and Doctor interact, they lost all their synchronicity they had in Victory of the Daleks and pretty much every other Dalek episode.There is a big problem with Moffat making things far too complex for viewers to understand, I still don't understand a small part of the Christmas episode I think it was when they got out of a window or something it didn't really make sense and this whole arc is doing rings around my head and he still hasn't said who blew up the tardis. Another main reason is that He has delayed episodes of the show and lied to fans making them wait longer for less episodes, we are now a full year being pretty much and he said that the whole point was to make fans wait less time for the next episode but we waited all the way from the second last Christmas episode to last August for 5 episodes and the quality of the 5 episodes was pretty much mediocre, the only reasonably good one was The Angels take Manhattan.

I completely understand now! The last half series was disappointing, especially after eight months waiting! My main problem with Asylum of the Darleks is that now, without doing something stupid, the doctor will never battle the darleks with them remembering him. If he changes that it would be insulting to the fans.

Hopefully the next half series will be better, I mean i've never seen Jenna act badly, so it'll all be down to the writing.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I don't like the new TARDIS design, too cold and doesn't sum up Matt Smith to me, but I guess we'll see as series goes on.

Love JLC though, she's a babe!

Yeah it might grow you on :smile: The thing I do miss though, is the opening title sequence and the music. I think the series 1 - 4 opening were perfect; actually looked like the TARDIS was flying through time and space, whereas now it just looks like it's moving through a cloudy storm or something :/ And the music has been over complicated. When I listen to the 2005 opening tune it gives me chills somehow, not like the new one does. Oh well I don't get hung up on that stuff too much, after all the packaging doesn't matter as much as the content :smile:

She is yeah! I wonder if River will be jealous :tongue:

Latest