The Student Room Group

Infatuated with Teacher

Yes. I have a childish infatuation with my chemistry teacher. Normally I would just laugh at myself, but I think he has an infatuation with me too. He stares and smiles at me during lecture. Yesterday I needed to ask him a question. Instead of asking to see my paper or just giving the answer, he sat down close next to me to explain things.
Am I delusional?
If not what should I do about this?
Is it wrong to flirt with him as long as things don't go too far?
I don't want to have sex with him or even snog him. But I think it's fun to flirt with a teacher. Is that bad?
Reply 1
It's a bit strange, especially if you're in secondary school, I wouldn't recommend flirting with him. You could tempt him into flirting back and that's not really appropriate in a classroom to be honest.
Reply 2
Depends how old you are, I guess. It's never really appropriate, though, especially with a teacher.
Reply 3
This is normal.

Brush it off quickly or you will be on Sky News.

Fantasise (I have no idea how to spell that :smile:) and keep it to yourself. It will wear off. Do what you have to for harmless fun.

If my French teacher from '92 is anything to go by - and she had amazing boobs lol :wink:
When you're really into someone your perception their behaviour can be completely off and you can start to see things that aren't there. Teachers and lecturers look at everyone when they are standing in front of and talking to a mass of people. Maybe when he helped you with that question he felt that what he needed to say couldn't be communicated in a brief exchange from across the room. Don't try and flirt with him. It will make everyone in the room feel uncomfortable and you will likely look back on this sort of behaviour and cringe.
Reply 5
Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse
When you're really into someone your perception their behaviour can be completely off and you can start to see things that aren't there. Teachers and lecturers look at everyone when they are standing in front of and talking to a mass of people. Maybe when he helped you with that question he felt that what he needed to say couldn't be communicated in a brief exchange from across the room. Don't try and flirt with him. It will make everyone in the room feel uncomfortable and you will likely look back on this sort of behaviour and cringe.

Yeah this makes the most sense. Thanks.
Reply 6
If you peruse this you will REGRET it ..... honest !
Reply 7
Find someone your own age - I think you're reading into this a bit too much (understandable though lol!) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending