The Student Room Group

!!!ALERT - North Korea Prepares To Fire Upon US Bases - ALERT!!!

I realise the title may have been hyperbolic, but do look for yourself:

Link: http://news.sky.com/story/1071264/north-korea-rockets-ready-to-hit-us-bases

Kim Jong-Un reportedly tells generals to prepare for an attack on US bases after a show of force by American bombers.

North Korea's leader has told rocket units to be on standby for an attack on US bases, according to state media.

The country's KCNA news agency said Kim Jong-Un had signed off on the order to train sights on American bases in South Korea and the Pacific after a midnight meeting with top generals.

It comes after two American stealth bombers flew over South Korea in a show of force to Pyongyang, following an escalation of rhetoric from the North's young leader.

The two nuclear-capable B-2 planes flew a 13,000-mile round trip from an air base in Missouri, dropping a dummy bomb on a target range in the South....

....KCNA reported that Mr Kim had "judged the time has come to settle accounts with the US imperialists in view of the prevailing situation".

The agency said: "He finally signed the plan on technical preparations of strategic rockets of the KPA, ordering them to be standby for fire so that they may strike any time the US mainland, its military bases in the operational theatres in the Pacific, including Hawaii and Guam, and those in South Korea."

Has the rhetoric ever reached this far? Will we actually see a confrontation? Is war imminent?

What do you think?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It'll be OK, they'll fire a tin-pot rocket, it'll fall into the sea and Kim will put Independence Day on the telly and tell everyone it's live footage from New York
Reply 2
War? Unlikely. N. Korea don't have nukes that can reach the USA. If they fire anything, it will be the end of them for sure. Over in a few weeks.

Plus it isn't new until it is on the BBC
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
It's a good job you made this thread stand out so I could immediately activate my alert mode.
North Korea will never solely go to war against America.They just won't.

Interesting notion though.
If Kim Jong-Un fires one rocket at an American base, it will be curtains for him and his Communist Disaster-zone. The Americans will crush them, and the Chinese will not get involved. It is known that the Chinese are fed up with the North Koreans now, and are starting to wash their hands of them.
Original post by Bobifier
It's a good job you made this thread stand out so I could immediately activate my alert mode.

We are at DEFCON 3, brother!
Reply 7
Not gonna happen.
Reply 8
NK might be able to hit Guam (a tiny US colony in the pacific), but other than that I can't see them hitting the mainland, but it will be interesting to see how all this unfolds in the coming days, NK are nuts, so who knows what they'll try and their leader looks like some nerdy teenager who should be in his room playing cod, not in command of actual nuclear weapons :rolleyes:
Reply 9
If it gives them an excuse to wipe out that fat little sadistic moron and his messed up family's reign of absolute hell on the poor people of NK, then good.
Reply 10
1) At the most optimistic assessment NK may be able to fire a missile as far as the very edge of Alaska, polar bears may have cause for concern but the mainland USA is almost certainly out of effective reach.

2) It is doubtful that the North Koreans are even capable of getting an ICBM to achieve re-entry, let alone hit the target (this is also assuming that the Yanks or Japanese don't shoot it down first).

3) The overwhelming likelihood is that this is purely rhetoric with the intention of trying to get more aid out of America/lifting of sanctions.

In the event that NK actually fired anything remotely resembling an ICBM at anything remotely near the USA China would withdraw it's support so fast you'd miss it if you blinked and Uncle Sam would go through North Korea like a hot knife through butter.
If the US decided to really, truly 'unlease hell' on another nation then they wouldn't stand a chance - look at Iraq. The US was hugely outnumbered and Sadam had a more sophisticated armed force than NK - and the Yanks exercised a fair amount of self restraint in Desert Storm 2.
Reply 11
I wish it won't lead to a war :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone get this plump korean a copy of SimCity. Oh wait the servers are down? *******s.
Reply 13
The North Koreans are not capable of such a thing! All that would happen would be a massive assault by the Yanks and probably us as well.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
am not woories- I have played plenty of call of duty so am prepared
Reply 15
Original post by ihatebrownbread
am not woories- I have played plenty of call of duty so am prepared

That's not the reason you shouldn't be worried! We (Britain) are more than capable of shooting down a pathetic North Korean rocket and retaliating. Don't think only the Americans stand a chance.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
Reply 16
Just a bit of willy waving.
Nothing further to read in to it.
I highly doubt anyone will ever launch a nuclear weapon in anger.
Reply 17
North Korea is the equivalent of that guy on the internet who goes "Lolfag! Do you even lift bro? Suchabetafag I get all the bitches!" but is really a 90 pound 13 year old with braces, acne and glasses.
The likelihood of North Korea actually doing anything it says it's going to do is about as likely as a Oscar Pistorious riding a horse in this years grand national.
It's going to be an interesting next few days to say the least...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending