The Student Room Group

Why can't women just leave me alone?

An abnormally high percentage of the women that I meet and get to know (which is not that many tbh) end up falling for me in some way or another. I'm finding it impossible to be friends with just women. Then, once they realize I don't reciprocate their feelings and get past this phase they become completely cold. They've soon after realise they can do so much better and get with someone else, and after that it's as if we were never friends to begin with.

This makes me feel both guilty and confused. Why can I not just be friends with women? Should I just avoid talking to women in general? What mannerisms can I adopt that will force me into the friend zone?

This is not a troll thread btw; true happenings.
Reply 1
It's as if I'm even that attractive. Although I have a handsome face I'm puny and small and don't do any sport, and I am not the typical tall stocky pretty boy that women usually fall for. I am just an average, modest looking guy who wears a hoody and jeans on most occasions.
I'm afraid a lot of people feel they can't be friends with someone who has rejected them. It can hurt the ego, remind them of what they're missing and stop them from moving on. Surely you've been rejected or finished with in the past and felt yourself drift from that person? The good news is that I think that when girls get older they get better at distinguishing between platonic and romantic feelings. It's natural to have occasional sexual thoughts about male friends, but when women mature and experience genuine attraction they will know that these occasional sexual thoughts are no comparison. One thing to ask yourself though is whether you come across as being interested in them: do you flirt, for example?
Reply 3
Jesus, do you look like Johnny Depp or something?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
An abnormally high percentage of the women that I meet and get to know (which is not that many tbh) end up falling for me in some way or another. I'm finding it impossible to be friends with just women. Then, once they realize I don't reciprocate their feelings and get past this phase they become completely cold. They've soon after realise they can do so much better and get with someone else, and after that it's as if we were never friends to begin with.

This makes me feel both guilty and confused. Why can I not just be friends with women? Should I just avoid talking to women in general? What mannerisms can I adopt that will force me into the friend zone?

Use these 4 words wisely my friend.
"sorry honey, I'm gay."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Do you have a really sweet/ attentive or feminine nature? Women often fall for funny or 'lovely' guys....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse
I'm afraid a lot of people feel they can't be friends with someone who has rejected them. It can hurt the ego, remind them of what they're missing and stop them from moving on. Surely you've been rejected or finished with in the past and felt yourself drift from that person? The good news is that I think that when girls get older they get better at distinguishing between platonic and romantic feelings. It's natural to have occasional sexual thoughts about male friends, but when women mature and experience genuine attraction they will know that these occasional sexual thoughts are no comparison. One thing to ask yourself though is whether you come across as being interested in them: do you flirt, for example?

You make a good point. No I don't flirt at all, I am just my usual self. I don't think it sexual thoughts though, I am in no way conventionally 'sexy' lol.

Original post by Anonymous

Original post by Chillaxer
Jesus, do you look like Johnny Depp or something?

Not at all. I've been told I have a handsome face but that's where the complements stop.

Original post by missderrie
Do you have a really sweet/ attentive or feminine nature? Women often fall for funny or 'lovely' guys....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you elaborate on lovely? I am just my usual self around girls, I don't think how to describe it but I do think I am friendlier and 'smilier' than average, but I am also pretty quiet.
Reply 7
Shouldn't it be the other way round? :hmmm:
I have the same problem and it makes it even worse when you have a girlfriend because it makes you feel even more guilty.

One thing I've been able to put it partly down to is that by nature I'm quite curious and inquisitive so I ask questions and take an interest in what they have to say - which I guess is different from most guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
What the hell are you complaining about? It might be a pain with ones you don;t want but what about when the girl who really is the one of your dreams comes along? You might not want her to be overkeen but it would be better if you at least had a shot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending