The Student Room Group

Harry Potter actor Richard Griffiths dies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21973505

Great actor, loved him in harry potter. RIP
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Aww that totally sucks man, I loved him in Harry potter , he had me laughing loads :frown: . Very good actor i agree.
Reply 2
He portrayed Veron Dursley...
Reply 3
Original post by Jordan_1
You loved him and have decided that he is a 'great actor' for the very few minutes he contributed to the franchise? Idiot.

Clearly just fishing for pos rep.

P.s. Everyone will have completely forgotten about him by tomorrow

One more word out of you and you'll wish you'd never been born boy

Reply 4
Whenever I go to check the post and then realise it's Sunday, I always hear his voice saying 'No post on Sundays'
Reply 5
Will remember him for his excellent Hector in The History Boys as well.

Original post by Kiss

PRSOM :laugh:
Reply 6
It's really sad that he's gone. Rest in peace Richard Griffiths, you'll always be alive in our hearts. :frown:
Reply 7
Very sad. He was a very good actor, and played some brilliant roles.

It shows how much of a good actor he was though that half of me thinks "ha, good riddance!" because of the way "he" treated Harry. Also amazed he lived as long as he did. All that rage playing Vernon Dursley must have taken a few years off his life.

Not quite the same effect as Imelda Staunton, she was so good as Umbridge that when she dies I will have to resist dancing around with pleasure, and remember that she's probably a really nice person who just happened to play one of the least likable characters ever. :angry:
No post on Sundays :frown:
Reply 9
Uncle Monty. ;<

Original post by fluttershy
Also amazed he lived as long as he did. All that rage playing Vernon Dursley must have taken a few years off his life.

You mean all that fat he carried around since the dawn of time.
(edited 11 years ago)
Nooo! :frown:

Saw him on stage in the west end with Danny DeVito :frown: R.I.P.
Reply 11
For some reason whenever I hear his name I always think of this. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4458810.stm

RIP :frown:
He looks like Colonel Sanders.
I Found it really sad, :frown: No Post on sundays
Really sad about this, he was fantastic in the History Boys, Withnail and HP. Saw him on stage last year around this time too, so strange. :frown:
He's checked out before the allegations go public.

Well done, Griffiths.
Original post by Kiss

I think that's the best post I've ever seen! :smile:

I really liked him in Harry Potter, but liked him even more in Withnail & I. I think it would have been quite a boring film without him! Legend!
Original post by Jordan_1
You loved him and have decided that he is a 'great actor' for the very few minutes he contributed to the franchise? Idiot.

Clearly just fishing for pos rep.

P.s. Everyone will have completely forgotten about him by tomorrow

You obviously never watched Harry Potter then.

He was a great actor who appeared in lots of other things too but HP was probably one of the more famous.

Still got that image of him being pulled up into the air by the inflated Aunt Marge....
Brilliant actor! I loved him in Harry Potter, he never failed to crack me up! So sad how he died so young. :frown:
I was so sad to learn his death this morning :frown: From Sleepy Hollow and Whithnail and I to Harry Potter and Hugo (and even Pirates of the Caribbean) and so many others... He was very talented and I really liked him...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending